Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:40 am

McNultys Discopants wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:53 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:43 pm Mate.

He means First For Players.
Absolutely. Liam Carroll is absolute vermin. Hawking all kinds of shite to Bill and the Club just to get his cut and line his pockets.

Needs a bullet to the head or the very least a good hiding. Bottom feeding vulture.

A parasite.
A little OTT there 🤣. He's just doing his job and his job is to get great deals for his players and take his cut like you say. Bill Hulsizer praised how great the agents were in a recent interview and even brought Liam along to a European trip like he was a valued friend to the club. The problem is Bill not the agents.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:48 am

Louth4sam wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:40 am
Bob Prole wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:43 pm Mate.

He means First For Players.
Absolutely. Liam Carroll is absolute vermin. Hawking all kinds of shite to Bill and the Club just to get his cut and line his pockets.

Needs a bullet to the head or the very least a good hiding. Bottom feeding vulture.

A parasite.
A little OTT there 🤣. He's just doing his job and his job is to get great deals for his players and take his cut like you say. Bill Hulsizer praised how great the agents were in a recent interview and even brought Liam along to a European trip like he was a valued friend to the club. The problem is Bill not the agents.
I think the one agent and agency having carte blanche within the club is the issue. Majority of players are from that agency, along with the DOF and apparently the academy boss.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:24 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:48 am
Louth4sam wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:40 am

A parasite.
I think the one agent and agency having carte blanche within the club is the issue. Majority of players are from that agency, along with the DOF and apparently the academy boss.
Of course it is but when you have a lunatic in charge of the club what do you expect but lunacy.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:45 am

I’m curious. How do sports in the US generally work when it comes to agents? Is there a clash of cultures and expectations? Is that how the mistake of getting into bed with one agent occurred?

Also, how likely is it that FFP were involved in the foreign signings? I’d have thought unlikely, but maybe they are part of a larger network.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:08 pm

GC. wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:45 am I’m curious. How do sports in the US generally work when it comes to agents? Is there a clash of cultures and expectations? Is that how the mistake of getting into bed with one agent occurred?

Also, how likely is it that FFP were involved in the foreign signings? I’d have thought unlikely, but maybe they are part of a larger network.
They normally work with one agency who are a type of first stop consultant, who use their network and contacts to other agents to supply them, you could also call it agent scouting, a trusted agent provides recommendations to the recruitment team. Similar system used by Red Bull and Man City ....Chelsea do it similar too, they sign players and use a Dutch agent to place them in their league on loan.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:09 pm

Pepsi wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:08 pm
GC. wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:45 am I’m curious. How do sports in the US generally work when it comes to agents? Is there a clash of cultures and expectations? Is that how the mistake of getting into bed with one agent occurred?

They normally work with one agency who are a type of first stop consultant, who use their network and contacts to other agents to supply them, you could also call it agent scouting, a trusted agent provides recommendations to the recruitment team. Similar system used by Red Bull and Man City ....Chelsea do it similar too, they sign players and use a Dutch agent to place them in their league on loan.
Sounds like that where the mislaid trust in FFP might stem from. Little did they know that they were getting in bed with a monster that appears to have little interest in working with/for the club as you’d expect in the model you mentioned.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:57 pm

Coming on here saying people should be shot is terrible how thats allowed to be said is just incredible I remember the time you couldn't even curse on this forum you would be banned but now you can say a person's name beat them up and shoot them.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:54 pm

Probably the most sensible comment made on the forum for months. The forum has got pathetic & not worth making a comment on. The attacks that’s made on the owners & successive management teams , is appalling . The web should be shut down .

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:02 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:54 pm Probably the most sensible comment made on the forum for months. The forum has got pathetic & not worth making a comment on. The attacks that’s made on the owners & successive management teams , is appalling . The web should be shut down .
Nearly as bad as you making up lies about posters on this forum.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:11 pm

Cmon the town.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:55 pm

GC. wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:09 pm
Pepsi wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:08 pm

Sounds like that where the mislaid trust in FFP might stem from. Little did they know that they were getting in bed with a monster that appears to have little interest in working with/for the club as you’d expect in the model you mentioned.
That might well be the case but who's fault is that?

It's embarrassing bringing an agent as a guest on a chartered plane to a European game only to see that same agent grinning ear to ear with one of our star players signing for our biggest rivals.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:31 pm

So trying to work out what’s happening.

They want out. That’s surely a given now. They know no one will buy the club with a 7 figure debt hanging over it, and the debt is mostly money they loaned the club to finance daddy’s spending spree. And they are taking that money back out.

I think what’s happening is that the wage bill is being slashed and some money is being brought in by selling the higher earners that they think there’s enough cover for. No surprise it’s Hoban and Fats being name checked as both would have been given good terms coming back from England.

They’ll also try to trim a lot of the lads that have added nothing - Junior, Ole, Han, Perez, Dogan. Zahibo if possible. See out the season with a stripped back squad. But they also need to go a couple of rounds in Europe too to get the club back to debt free and we need to qualify to make it an attractive proposition for a buyer. That’s the pressure Vinny is under. If I was to guess, his own pay is probably heavy on the results-bonus.

Dillonman
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Dillonman » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:42 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:31 pm So trying to work out what’s happening.

They want out. That’s surely a given now. They know no one will buy the club with a 7 figure debt hanging over it, and the debt is mostly money they loaned the club to finance daddy’s spending spree. And they are taking that money back out.

I think what’s happening is that the wage bill is being slashed and some money is being brought in by selling the higher earners that they think there’s enough cover for. No surprise it’s Hoban and Fats being name checked as both would have been given good terms coming back from England.

They’ll also try to trim a lot of the lads that have added nothing - Junior, Ole, Han, Perez, Dogan. Zahibo if possible. See out the season with a stripped back squad. But they also need to go a couple of rounds in Europe too to get the club back to debt free and we need to qualify to make it an attractive proposition for a buyer. That’s the pressure Vinny is under. If I was to guess, his own pay is probably heavy on the results-bonus.
Vinnie has already said in an interview this week that we have far too many strikers so make whatever of that! Ole, Jesus or Junior may be going or even Hoban!
Drogs are scum!

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:20 pm

Dillonman wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:42 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:31 pm So trying to work out what’s happening.

Vinnie has already said in an interview this week that we have far too many strikers so make whatever of that! Ole, Jesus or Junior may be going or even Hoban!
I'd let all four go if it meant getting in someone that could actually put the ball in the net.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:26 pm

They will do well to find a replacement for Hoban. He might not have been going well lately,but has scored a lot of goals in 2 spells with Dundalk.
Dundalk looked a lot less of a threat when him and McMillan aren't involved. The other strikers Ole junior
don't pose that threat..