Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by BigChief » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:00 pm

After reading his piece with Rogers has just left me speechless.

He hasn't 1 notion on how to run a proper football club. Players at 27 would be hitting the prime 3-4 years of their career. I could understand if we were only offering 33-34 year olds 1 year contracts.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:08 pm

BigChief wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:00 pm After reading his piece with Rogers has just left me speechless.

He hasn't 1 notion on how to run a proper football club. Players at 27 would be hitting the prime 3-4 years of their career. I could understand if we were only offering 33-34 year olds 1 year contracts.
I know it as at a diff level l, but chelsea do it for players over the age of 30..not players in their prime at 27..
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:38 pm

The interview with Bill on the Press Box should have been a wake up call. Instead some people praised it! Now he’s confirmed in the last week that he was interfering in team selection and that him and his prick son are dictating a disastrous recruitment policy that if it doesn’t get us relegated this year probably will next year. They are killing the club before our eyes. Both James Rogers and Brendan Ogle have said they think he means well, but it’s increasingly difficult to believe that the Hulsizers are not not being vindictive.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:46 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:38 pm The interview with Bill on the Press Box should have been a wake up call. Instead some people praised it! Now he’s confirmed in the last week that he was interfering in team selection and that him and his prick son are dictating a disastrous recruitment policy that if it doesn’t get us relegated this year probably will next year. They are killing the club before our eyes. Both James Rogers and Brendan Ogle have said they think he means well, but it’s increasingly difficult to believe that the Hulsizers are not not being vindictive.
Vindictive? Come on.. We all want them out
. But them being vindictive and deliberately fucking us over, will not recoup any money for peak 6 or make us an attractive commodity to buy.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:12 pm

There is literally zero reason to give them the benefit of the doubt on that. And if all this is the result of making us attractive to buy the alternative would be truly impressive mismanagement.

vindictive is the wrong word. It’s worse. It’s a combination of arrogance on his part that he’s cleverer than the stupid micks he got rid of and he’s going to prove he’s right no matter what, and total disinterest on the part of his prick son.

Whatever value the club had will be destroyed by the end of the week if we go out of the Cup.

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by bigalan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:03 pm

“Think about it this way, if a coach or a club has a great player who contributes to a culture and the success of the club why would they let him go?,” he said.

Jesus wept

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:23 pm

Wow - I’d really want to hear the full recording because a lot of context can be lost ( let’s say JR good at picking out quotes )

But as it is … I can assure you there will be nothing more demotivating to players than reading that tripe. And as for signing for someone with that attitude .. or extending ? ? Very difficult to see

P6 are not that far from getting things right … but so much wrong in the article .

I’m still in the benefit of the doubt camp .. but this is a major alarm bell

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:37 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:23 pm Wow - I’d really want to hear the full recording because a lot of context can be lost ( let’s say JR good at picking out quotes )

But as it is … I can assure you there will be nothing more demotivating to players than reading that tripe. And as for signing for someone with that attitude .. or extending ? ? Very difficult to see

P6 are not that far from getting things right … but so much wrong in the article .

I’m still in the benefit of the doubt camp .. but this is a major alarm bell
I was in the borderline benefit of the doubt camp prior to that from Bill. Now it is please leave OUR TOWN OUR CLUB, you are only custodians of it. It is our club. Who in their right mind will sign for us next season, even if we do stay up? Players from Cabinteely would be thinking hang on we could go up while dundalk could go down... No wonder there is a lack of effort on the pitch. The entire squad bar 3, can leave for free and majority will already be in discussions with other clubs, or the remainder will be without a club because they are rubbish.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:45 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:23 pm
P6 are not that far from getting things right …
OK

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:54 pm

I would ask all supporters to support the club in every way , including refraining making very negative & derogatory remarks on this forum . Show some respect . It is damaging to all concerned .Hopefully they don’t read this stuff.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:17 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:54 pm I would ask all supporters to support the club in every way , including refraining making very negative & derogatory remarks on this forum . Show some respect . It is damaging to all concerned .Hopefully they don’t read this stuff.
Where are these derogatory comments?

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:17 pm

Stay up by the skin of our teeth so that the brains trust can sign a whole squad of Sonnis and Abbibis next season to fire us straight to Division 1 for 2023.

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk Wolf » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:23 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:23 pm P6 are not that far from getting things right …
Can you explain the logic here please SC.

Is it that they've got so much wrong for so long that, by the law of averages, they are bound to get something right sooner or later?

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:38 pm

Dundalk Wolf wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:23 pm
southerncomfort wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:23 pm P6 are not that far from getting things right …
Can you explain the logic here please SC.

Is it that they've got so much wrong for so long that, by the law of averages, they are bound to get something right sooner or later?
Just an opinion - but some of their methods and philosophy’s seem to have merit / could be good invitations at the right time
Their knee jerk sacking of the manager in 2020 ( one of the layers of the golden eggs) in the hope they could keep it going with cheque book / spreadsheet management , began a downward spiral that they couldn’t stop.
Factoring in
- the bizzarness of Covid
- the mid season management fiasco
- appalling signings

Apart from those things . . . Everything could be fine :-)

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk Wolf » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:53 pm

bigalan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:03 pm “Think about it this way, if a coach or a club has a great player who contributes to a culture and the success of the club why would they let him go?,” he said.

Jesus wept
This is a great question in fairness.

Next time someone interviews Bill Hulsizer, they should put it to him.