Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

el-pietro
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 am
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby el-pietro » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:31 am

Away end toilets are being put in place at Turners Cross ahead of the new season.
https://twitter.com/corkcityfcnews/stat ... 6264776705



micls
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:12 pm
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby micls » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:04 am

El Paso wrote:
condor wrote:Cork fans posting pics of a dead mouse on a seat in the away end, seats were filthy too.


Fúck 'em - they rent a pitch. The Munster FA / FAI paid for their away section to be covered. That's it - facilities are no better than Oriel for away fans otherwise. Open air urinal and a chemical loo. Access point buried in a housing estate etc

The away section should be bottom of the list of things to improve.


Toilets are currently being added to the St Anne's. If your only complaint is having to go through a housing estate after that, it's not much to complain about.

You're right though, we can't control what happens in our stadium, or make improvements happen. Ye can though. The idea that the St Anne's is comparable to the away section in oriel, even pre toilets, is laughable.

I can understand prioritising home sections, and I'd agree. It's not too much to ask that dead rodents be swept away though, surely.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:58 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 am

Fair play to the Cork fans , the ground is a health hazard . Health & Safety is a huge issue.

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby El Paso » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:31 am

micls wrote:
El Paso wrote:
condor wrote:Cork fans posting pics of a dead mouse on a seat in the away end, seats were filthy too.


Fúck 'em - they rent a pitch. The Munster FA / FAI paid for their away section to be covered. That's it - facilities are no better than Oriel for away fans otherwise. Open air urinal and a chemical loo. Access point buried in a housing estate etc

The away section should be bottom of the list of things to improve.


Toilets are currently being added to the St Anne's. If your only complaint is having to go through a housing estate after that, it's not much to complain about.

You're right though, we can't control what happens in our stadium, or make improvements happen. Ye can though. The idea that the St Anne's is comparable to the away section in oriel, even pre toilets, is laughable.

I can understand prioritising home sections, and I'd agree. It's not too much to ask that dead rodents be swept away though, surely.


"We can't make improvements happen"
No. Because you rent your pitch and someone else's money makes the improvements happen. The only time your club tried to improve your own ground (the swamp out in Bishopstown) you promptly stiffed the builders and went bankrupt.

If they're building toilets then great. Big improvement. Up until now the cover (paid for by someone else) has been the only difference and the access is a lot worse. You send the away fans who, by definition, have to travel to the ground to an access point buried in a housing estate that can't take a bus and has no car parking within half a mile.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby El Paso » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:46 am

I mean the likes of Sligo, even Longford, are in a position to criticise us for not improving our ground. Bohs fans never give us this nonsense for obvious reasons. They know only too well how it is.

But Cork and Rovers fans? Give me strength.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

User avatar
punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 860
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:08 pm
Location: dundalk
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby punkha » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:37 pm

While nobody is expecting miracles overnight there's a lot of small things that could be done to improve things puddles aside.
Fella I know who wouldn't be a regular match goer was giving out to me that neither cubicle in the toilets under the stand had a working lock on Sunday.
Obviously wouldn't cost anything to fix/maintain but really doesn't create a great impression for any newbies and is hard to defend in this day and age.

micls
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:12 pm
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby micls » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:54 pm

El Paso wrote:I mean the likes of Sligo, even Longford, are in a position to criticise us for not improving our ground. Bohs fans never give us this nonsense for obvious reasons. They know only too well how it is.

But Cork and Rovers fans? Give me strength.


Yeah, you're right. Not owning a ground means people shouldn't complain about dead rodents on seats. Because that is just overly high expectations of you guys. Got it.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5723
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Contact:

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:17 pm

Guys we cant defend it.. oriel is a kip and you can almost guarantee it will be the exact same kip in 5 yrs time. A lick of paint, fix a puddle, put locks on toilets, freshen up toilets, toilet paper ensure no dead animals are found in ground. All of these are chesp and easy to fix and update. But they have been like this for past 5 yrs and won't change anytime soon.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:26 pm
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby dell » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:50 am

micls wrote:
El Paso wrote:I mean the likes of Sligo, even Longford, are in a position to criticise us for not improving our ground. Bohs fans never give us this nonsense for obvious reasons. They know only too well how it is.

But Cork and Rovers fans? Give me strength.


Yeah, you're right. Not owning a ground means people shouldn't complain about dead rodents on seats. Because that is just overly high expectations of you guys. Got it.


It was an FAI organised game!!!!! Their fault for not sweeping the ground......

User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7260
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby mike » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 am

If this is true about the dead rodents etc on the away section it just adds to the embarrassment of that section. This after the good gesture about opening up the stand when the mini snow storm happened.

A week before the first league game or the Cork game actually, the club should have hired a team of workers to clean the place, paint areas, clear rubbish, weeds, deep clean the stand including the press area, then look at installing extra portable toilets, fixing the puddle, and maybe better lighting and sound system. Really not a lot to ask for.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5723
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Contact:

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:34 pm

The simple fact of the matter is that none of the previous owners seemed to care about this. They assumed correctly that we will accept anything thrown at us. Not a lot we can do to make them drag oriel into the 21st Century. So why should guys based in America care?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

User avatar
Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:40 pm
Location: Co Wexford
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby Wexford White » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:33 pm

punkha wrote:While nobody is expecting miracles overnight there's a lot of small things that could be done to improve things puddles aside.
Fella I know who wouldn't be a regular match goer was giving out to me that neither cubicle in the toilets under the stand had a working lock on Sunday.
Obviously wouldn't cost anything to fix/maintain but really doesn't create a great impression for any newbies and is hard to defend in this day and age.

Agree 100%
The Back of the Wall

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2362
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby colymull » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:13 pm

An hour spent walking round an empty OP with a pen and paper would be enough to highlight the minor problems that need to be fixed and literally €200/300 would fix these in one day. Could the owners, both previous and current, not see this. It’s not too much to ask to be able to walk to your seat without having to wade through six inches of muddy water.
King Kenny!

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby El Paso » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Martin Connolly is still the General Manager isn’t he? Put a list of cosmetic improvements together and petition him. Select one game in each series to threaten to boycott to show the club that they could lose as much in matchday income if they don’t make basic improvements.

If the club supply the materials and maybe a bespoke cx+ top as a thank you people would volunteer to paint, weed etc? I would if I was around on a specific Saturday... i’d Love a white ringer t-shirt with a silhouette of an Oriel floodlight!

A basic concrete step terrace behind the town end goal is surely easy to do as well?
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Bogger
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby Bogger » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Maybe if we got list of what had to be done and list of materials needed and got sponsors to buy the stuff if Martin Connolly was up for it... I’d go down and help and contribute in some way... but if they spent €500 a night after a match Cleaning the place it’s only an extra 30 tickets I’m sure if the place was cleaned up there would be a lot more than 30 extra heads a match!
Pubs and cinemas restaurants all have to clean up after a night or wouldn’t be busy for long.. can’t see why the board can’t see this!


Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests