Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby Sneachta » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:05 pm

Ridleys regular wrote:from what i,m hearing, and u need to remember that this is rumour and local gossip, is that the ownership of the ground(casey family) is what is holding things up.complicated stuff i'm sure.
I mentioned this a few weeks ago in a separate thread. Not rocket science really. They want FULL control of everything.

What's the story about the FAI? Is it libelous if mentioned here? Are they looking for bacsheesh?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk10 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 pm

Sneachta wrote:
What's the story about the FAI? Is it libelous if mentioned here? Are they looking for bacsheesh?

I've heard the story from a few who I wouldn't doubt. But yes I wouldn't want to post it here. When everyone is back in oriel it won't be long going round I'm sure.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby Sneachta » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Dundalk10 wrote:
Sneachta wrote:

I've heard the story from a few who I wouldn't doubt. But yes I wouldn't want to post it here. When everyone is back in oriel it won't be long going round I'm sure.
Scumbags

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:07 am

Sneachta wrote:
Ridleys regular wrote:from what i,m hearing, and u need to remember that this is rumour and local gossip, is that the ownership of the ground(casey family) is what is holding things up.complicated stuff i'm sure.
I mentioned this a few weeks ago in a separate thread. Not rocket science really. They want FULL control of everything.

Bacsheesh - as in a backhander? That would be defamatory all right!

It is possible that the FAI could look for a cash bond to guarantee payment of liabilities, with the Arkaga experience still fresh in the mind. That would be a prudent move.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby Sneachta » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:15 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Sneachta wrote:

Bacsheesh - as in a backhander? That would be defamatory all right!

It is possible that the FAI could look for a cash bond to guarantee payment of liabilities, with the Arkaga experience still fresh in the mind. That would be a prudent move.
I was only posing the question

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby Shoco » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:16 pm

Wouldn't be keen on them getting full control of the Casey land

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Wexford White » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Shoco wrote:Wouldn't be keen on them getting full control of the Casey land

I wouldn't either
The Back of the Wall

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk Wolf » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:29 am

Announcement this week by the looks of it... Gavin McLauchlin on Twitter this morning:

"Monday morning. Big, and very exciting week ahead. #DundalkFC"

https://twitter.com/DundalkSport/status ... 0779681793

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Announcement imminent according to the ever reliable Daniel McDonnell in the Indo

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 70685.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Copied from the Rumours / Transfers thread

Johnnybegood33 wrote:Former Derby County executive Malachy Brannigan in line for role , with Peak 6.

mike wrote:Was he not the CEO of Sheff Utd ? Sure I saw photo of him with Nigel Clough when he was the manager.

Here is what the Indo says today

Meanwhile, former Derby executive Malachy Brannigan is in line for a role when the American takeover of Dundalk is formalised this week.

Brannigan served as vice-president, finance and company secretary at Derby before a stint with Sheffield United as managing director. He has also worked with Hull, Coventry and Everton, and has been earmarked for the Irish brief by the US investors.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 74246.html
Last edited by Ezeikial on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:26 pm

His Linkedlin profile shows he has experience with a number of clubs from head of commercial at Everton, finance director at Hull and Coventry, VP of finance with Derby County, Managing director of Sheffield United.

By the looks of it a very experienced football administrator with the finance aspect side of things.
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Johnny Guitar wrote:His Linkedlin profile shows he has experience with a number of clubs from head of commercial at Everton, finance director at Hull and Coventry, VP of finance with Derby County, Managing director of Sheffield United.

By the looks of it a very experienced football administrator with the finance aspect side of things.

Sean Connolly was also a very experienced football administrator. Remember how that worked out
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Louth4sam wrote:
Johnny Guitar wrote:His Linkedlin profile shows he has experience with a number of clubs from head of commercial at Everton, finance director at Hull and Coventry, VP of finance with Derby County, Managing director of Sheffield United.

Sean Connolly was also a very experienced football administrator. Remember how that worked out

When the Cork takeover turned into a train-wreck, there were lots of allegations that the Arkaga-appointed Administrator's decision making was a shambles. At least ineptitude is unlikely to be a factor here.

My nervousness and sceptisms increases as I await to hear the Peak6 announcement - their plans, how they intend to make a financial killing and most of allwhat their exit strategy is

Adam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Adam » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Louth4sam wrote:

Good point L4S, but he was an FAI administrator not a club administrator.
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Louth4sam wrote:

Oh the surface is in Dublin port as we speak
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

Return to “General Discussion”