Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by buster » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:42 am

Any white smoke from oriel,very little information coming out.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:18 am

buster wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:42 am Any white smoke from oriel,very little information coming out.
What is it they say .... no news is often good news. Can imagine we will not hear anything official until Peak6 are sure we have no chance of making 4th as Europe would push the price.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:46 am

Pepsi wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:18 am
buster wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:42 am Any white smoke from oriel,very little information coming out.
What is it they say .... no news is often good news. Can imagine we will not hear anything official until Peak6 are sure we have no chance of making 4th as Europe would push the price.
There's no reason a deal couldn't be done to include a percentage of European prize money earned in 2022. Every day that goes by more and more of the squad - and soon to be available players within the league - will look to tie up deals. Sligo in 3rd are now beyond us, so we can only qualify by finishing 4th, with Pat's winning the cup. That means it's not settled until 28th.

Peak 6 need to off load this week before it becomes nothing more than a shell. If they stay, it's fairly certain the existing squad and management will all go. Whoever they sign, there will no longer be a connection to the supporters, and no reason to head up the Carrick Road on a Friday night.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:59 am

oldfogey wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:46 am
Pepsi wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:18 am
There's no reason a deal couldn't be done to include a percentage of European prize money earned in 2022. Every day that goes by more and more of the squad - and soon to be available players within the league - will look to tie up deals. Sligo in 3rd are now beyond us, so we can only qualify by finishing 4th, with Pat's winning the cup. That means it's not settled until 28th.

Peak 6 need to off load this week before it becomes nothing more than a shell. If they stay, it's fairly certain the existing squad and management will all go. Whoever they sign, there will no longer be a connection to the supporters, and no reason to head up the Carrick Road on a Friday night.
I 100% agree with you, however I doubt they will make it that straight forward. As for fans coming up .... the team need the fans as we have seen over the last few weeks, however Peak6 certainly dont need the money fans bring. That is blatently obvious otherwise they would have made a greater effort to interact and communicate. Looking in that seems to be one of the biggest issues, their is little to no money to be earned in the LOI and with the wage bill they have run up, I doubt gate money would cover much of it.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:17 pm

James Rogers reporting another interested party on podcast. North American based and allegedly visited Oriel last week.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:36 pm

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/hom ... -bids.html
Final Thoughts

It’s understood that no decision has even been made that Peak6 are going to sell at all. I’m told that it would not be surprising to see Peak6 partner with Stats Sports in the ownership and running of the club.

This would be fantastic news if both sides could come to a deal such as that if it means the Dundalk DNA returns to the ownership of Oriel. As far Ali Pur’s Consortium goes I just want the club back in local hands, even if it does mean Stats Sports working with Peak6 to run the club.

I believe we would see many who have left the club coming back again giving it a major reboot. So I encourage supporters to go for the local consortium at best and at worst a Stats Sports/Peak6 running of the club together.

cooney
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cooney » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:31 pm

Broken clock is right two times a day, I’d take that journalist 🙄 with a pinch of salt.

The same person previously had us nailed on for Healy etc

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:29 am

carrickfan wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:02 am The public preference seems to be that the club is returned to local ownership, there’s a lot of emotion attached to this discussion and I can understand the reason why given our painful experience of non locals in the last 12 months. However I’d be keen to hear more detail on the Iranian offer and understand what are their plans (if they were successful) It may be the case that like Glentoran there are ground investment plans or have local player investment plans, I’m not saying that we have to support their bid, I just feel it’s important to know both offers. One thing for sure is that all the media pressure on P6 to sell to the local consortium means the Iranians are going to have to come out with a plan in order to sell it to the supporters which could prove divisive.
I think this is an excellent post. It’s something the Press box podcast talked about as well this week. Fans have PTSD after seeing such a dramatic fall for the club this season so it is natural that most would crave local ownership. But what if one consortium was offering that they’d be happy to just stay in the Premier division next season while another is offering that we compete for the title?
It would be great if the rival bids would outline their plans but it isn’t going to happen I suppose . Will we just have to suck up whatever we’re given by any new owners?

DanielSexton
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DanielSexton » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:53 am

I’ve been wondering about this myself. For me it’s about motive and how the motivations of any prospective owner align with what’s best for the club. The Peak6 ownership said they saw an opportunity in us and it was supposed to be about keeping us successful and bringing us to a next level. But what was best for Matt Hulsizer and what was best for Dundalk went in opposite directions. My personal opinion is that was caused by the Aviva thing but it might have been something else or lots of things together, because we kept doing the business on the pitch.

What makes local owners more attractive is that first of all they can’t hide in another country ignoring the fans but more importantly they’re more likely to put the club first in their decision making even when things aren’t going well.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:24 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:17 pm James Rogers reporting another interested party on podcast. North American based and allegedly visited Oriel last week.
North American based? You mean like Peak6?
Visited Oriel? So did Covid 19.
No thanks.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk Wolf » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:19 pm

Brief takeover update from Dan McDonnell's Indo newsletter today:
READER'S CORNER
Last week's update on the Dundalk situation prompted some correspondence with Tony McBride offering the view that PEAK6 could 'regain some respect' if they agree reasonable terms with the local consortium which includes tech firm Statsports. I haven't filed an update this week, but my understanding is that a back and forth between the respective parties is continuing and there's a recurring sense of one step forward and two back at this juncture.
Can sign up here if interested:
https://www.independent.ie/newsletters/ ... 86164.html

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by buster » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:43 am

Why do reporters keep asking Vinny about peak 6, surely the man to ask is magilton after all he is supposed to be general manager.Id say Vinny knows as much as supporters,the shadow magilton is the one to be badgered about p6 that's if firstly they find him and if he gives a straight answer.z

Dillonman
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Dillonman » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:07 am

Belfast telegraph has ali pour takeover ruled out. Only dialogue between clubs in last few weeks was magilton responding to player availability!
Drogs are scum!

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:07 am

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:26 pm

A lot of talk in Oriel tonight about SS and or with Andy C being a done deal, but sure we heard so many rumours at this stage, hopefully something is happening though as heard it from 3 different people now since the game ended.