Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by Pepsi » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:24 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:11 pm
Pepsi wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:17 pm We need more than a FastFix!! Lets hope they can continue where they left off and get support from local government and company sponsorship. Time for people to stand up and support this.
Must be a relief Pepsi, they are finally gone and you can admit that they were a shambles and pulled the wool over your eyes. :)
I will be honest .... most of what I wrote was based on hope that they would regain the interest and hunger they had in their first season. They gave their managers money, they increased budgets / looked outside the box in an attempt to get better players and trusted the wrong people. It went wrong when they lost MT and a shareholder walked upon Bills appointment. Both had a plan and contacts. Bill ... he was a man on a mission, lost focus of what was important during his attempts to force issues and change in Oriel and Abbotstown.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:24 pm

Let’s look to the future &, as bad as it was , we qualified for Europe Group Stages , FAI Cup Win , finishing strong this season . Slightly better than 7 seasons in First Division , until our saviour John Gill stepped in . Can see good times ahead , which includes European matches in Oriel - not in Tallaght. 👍

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:35 pm

Let’s look to the future , Cmon The Town . 👍

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:42 pm

Daniel McD also has it on his feed, magic news indeed.

Now get the players signed up - Good man Pat H, he must known something was happening.

Its almost a miracle how we rescued this season such was the destruction P6 did, and full credit to the players from summer exploits in europe and from Sept in the league for their efforts, cant have been easy working for that regime.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:46 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:19 pm What was the moment people realised Peak6 had screwed it all up and there was no going back? Loads of possibilities but for me it was the Celtic friendly, being prepared to toss a league match and trying to get the squad to quarantine in the YDC for a fortnight.

Want to echo what’s above, Andy is going to need time and people’s patience. Huge job ahead.
In the YDC when they said we are a European club based in Ireland.

First red flag was when they arranged a private party for the players and staff after the FAI cup win and originally planned not to take the trophy back to Dundalk on the Sunday night. That left me in no doubt as to what they thought of the fans and community.

That and leveraging data analytics.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:55 pm

Don’t make double posts lads , a certain man is watching , & will call u out . 😂😂😂

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:55 pm Don’t make double posts lads , a certain man is watching , & will call u out . 😂😂😂
Santa? He’s already given me what I want 😂

Dundoogan daz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundoogan daz » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Christmas has come early , best news ever .

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:15 pm

On every cloud , there is a silver lining .👍

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:22 pm

Pepsi wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:24 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:11 pm
Pepsi wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:17 pm We need more than a FastFix!! Lets hope they can continue where they left off and get support from local government and company sponsorship. Time for people to stand up and support this.
Must be a relief Pepsi, they are finally gone and you can admit that they were a shambles and pulled the wool over your eyes. :)
I will be honest .... most of what I wrote was based on hope that they would regain the interest and hunger they had in their first season. They gave their managers money, they increased budgets / looked outside the box in an attempt to get better players and trusted the wrong people. It went wrong when they lost MT and a shareholder walked upon Bills appointment. Both had a plan and contacts. Bill ... he was a man on a mission, lost focus of what was important during his attempts to force issues and change in Oriel and Abbotstown.
I think the vast majority had hope and had Peak6 applied common sense they could have dominated this league with very little investment and had a proper stab at becoming a European regular. It's a very poor reflection on Peak6 as a company I think. Their website is full of buzzwords and mantras but none were applied here..

Hopefully the new owners can provide stability now and create proper foundations for future success. Derry and Rovers will be strong next year and Sligo seems to be a slow build. League could be very competitive next year
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk Wolf » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:33 pm

Great news. Huge job ahead for the new owners but great to have the club back in the hands of people who will care about it, and people back working at the club who'd been previously driven away from it.

What a disaster the last 18 months have been... all so unnecessary and an act of vandalism upon the club that will never be forgotten.

Hopefully there's enough of the club left to be salvaged from Peak6's wreckage that it doesn't take forever to get back where we belong. Patience needed though.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:38 pm

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:49 pm

A fair statement , & note , 2 Leagues , 2 FAI Cups , 2 Presidents Cups , & a few more . Would we settle for that over the next 3 or 4 yrs.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:02 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:49 pm A fair statement , & note , 2 Leagues , 2 FAI Cups , 2 Presidents Cups , & a few more . Would we settle for that over the next 3 or 4 yrs.
As you said yourself Jonny we should look forward not back. They piggy backed the success we had before we ever heard of them, then they got rid of everyone who had made it happen. They deserve no credit for that.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:04 pm

As per this site

Most users ever online was 608 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:57 am

I'd love to know what happened that day, as this evening is biggest news (perhaps) for the club since SK was hired.