Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:27 pm

Nice of Matt to actually speak. Cnut

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:29 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:27 pm Nice of Matt to actually speak. Cnut
It was probably his secretary’s secretary once she’d skimmed Wikipedia to see who we were.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hull White » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:32 pm

Actual tears in my eyes tonight and not ashamed to admit it. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Full support to the new regime. Best news for a long time. When I told my friends/neighbours who also follow my team they said, " Good, we will now maybe get a smile and kind word on a Saturday morning from now on".

We've got our club back! C'mon da town!

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:35 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:19 pm What was the moment people realised Peak6 had screwed it all up and there was no going back? Loads of possibilities but for me it was the Celtic friendly, being prepared to toss a league match and trying to get the squad to quarantine in the YDC for a fortnight.

Want to echo what’s above, Andy is going to need time and people’s patience. Huge job ahead.
For me it was their introductory meeting in the YDC. Pure nonsense from day 1.

All in the past now! 🥳🥳🥳
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:57 am

Two major blows to P6 running the club. Kenny leaving, and then appointing Bill who couldn’t run the club from Dundalk apparently due to covid. Things possibly would have been bit different if they had someone running the club based here.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:48 am

GC. wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:57 am Two major blows to P6 running the club. Kenny leaving, and then appointing Bill who couldn’t run the club from Dundalk apparently due to covid. Things possibly would have been bit different if they had someone running the club based here.
Things probably would have been different had they someone competent running the club. Appointment of a septuagenarian with no experience of football was the issue rather than geographic location here. It wouldn't have made a difference if they were in Florida or on the Carrick road.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:47 am

Did P6 leave much in the kitty? They weren't prepared to sell to Fast fix/Statsports initially but they obviously took a financial hit. Interesting to see what link up Statsports have with loan signings from the Premier League

It will still be a big job as Derry are giving 3 and 4 year deals . Sherbourne will be well backed. Sligo will have the European money. Pats will get stronger.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:02 am

I would imagine 2022 will be very much a fan driven budget. There is no Euro money and the previous owners may have "pre-sold" some of the future income i.e. multi-year sponsorship deals which were paid up front. The Partner deals are with local businesses and can't really be cancelled from a political point of view. The shirt sponsorship is one that is tied to the club rather than the legal entity so I doubt it can be left behind.

This won't be just about Season Ticket sales, but also about walk ups being encouraged as much as possible.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:36 pm

oldfogey wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:02 am I would imagine 2022 will be very much a fan driven budget. There is no Euro money and the previous owners may have "pre-sold" some of the future income i.e. multi-year sponsorship deals which were paid up front. The Partner deals are with local businesses and can't really be cancelled from a political point of view. The shirt sponsorship is one that is tied to the club rather than the legal entity so I doubt it can be left behind.

This won't be just about Season Ticket sales, but also about walk ups being encouraged as much as possible.
Paddy Casey’s group did great work (although no one has any idea how much money all these deals made the club) but let’s face it P6 didn’t give a rats ass how many match tickets were sold or jerseys sold or pints drunk in the bars or anything else. All these things and more are vital to a successful club.

TrevDaRev2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by TrevDaRev2 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Richie87 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:47 am Did P6 leave much in the kitty? They weren't prepared to sell to Fast fix/Statsports initially but they obviously took a financial hit. Interesting to see what link up Statsports have with loan signings from the Premier League

It will still be a big job as Derry are giving 3 and 4 year deals . Sherbourne will be well backed. Sligo will have the European money. Pats will get stronger.
250k is what Dan McDonnell is reporting. Better than a kick in the arse

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:10 pm

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:04 pm
Richie87 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:47 am Did P6 leave much in the kitty? They weren't prepared to sell to Fast fix/Statsports initially but they obviously took a financial hit. Interesting to see what link up Statsports have with loan signings from the Premier League

The more interesting question would be .... how much were they paid to handover the keys and how much did they pay 4 years ago to get them.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:17 pm

Pepsi wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:10 pm
TrevDaRev2 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:04 pm

The more interesting question would be .... how much were they paid to handover the keys and how much did they pay 4 years ago to get them.
A nominal sum was reported in the papers