Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:20 pm

thecaptain wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
mike wrote:Agree with all of above, but always need to note, less than half of any euro earnings will be left after bonus payments, travel, hotels, rent and a host of other expenses.

This is a consistent but incorrect narrative that suggests costs of euro 3m to 3.5 m. Probably fueled by the 2016 profit figures filed with CRO - the 2017 figures are not yet published and shouldl also show receivables from 2016 that add significantly to the bottom line.

In any case it becomes irrelevant at this point with new owners who will decide on their level of spend

If it's incorrect then what's in the bank if you have the answers/ figures?

It was outright said in interviews by MC and others that the take home after the EL campaign was around 3-3.5m after costs/ expenditure/ getting the lease and the YDC back and I'd take him at his word. Martin is as honest as the day is long and if you're saying otherwise where's your figures to back it up? With regards to the books being filed: Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization and as a fella who was insitu and are in the business world, you of course know that ;). What we have in the bank/ balance sheet already made us an attractive proposition to the consortium but on the flip side it would have jacked the price up that they paid the lads, whatever that was.
s.

Dundalk Town FC Ltd posted a profit for the financial year to Nov 2016 of 3.3m euro based on annual Company Office returns.The accounts also noted receivables of 3.5m euro. Receivables are sums due, but not yet paid - the 2017 accounts should reflect the bigger picture when eventually filed with CRO

These numbers become somewhat irrelevant now, except to illustrate that the club is not necessarily in a better financial position now than previously

.post meeting Journalists questions on the scale of investment were not answered according to rrports

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:59 am

Daniel McDonnell's article reflects not just on the Q & A but also on post meeting conversations with journalists

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/l ... 71769.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:40 am

Corey Woolfolk talks to James Rogers about how it is possible to follow the Rosenberg model of earning a new stadium.
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soc ... 66753.html

Its worth noting that Rosenberg made the Champions League group stages 11 times in a 13 year period

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:26 am

Ezeikial wrote:
thecaptain wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
This is a consistent but incorrect narrative that suggests costs of euro 3m to 3.5 m. Probably fueled by the 2016 profit figures filed with CRO - the 2017 figures are not yet published and shouldl also show receivables from 2016 that add significantly to the bottom line.

In any case it becomes irrelevant at this point with new owners who will decide on their level of spend

If it's incorrect then what's in the bank if you have the answers/ figures?

It was outright said in interviews by MC and others that the take home after the EL campaign was around 3-3.5m after costs/ expenditure/ getting the lease and the YDC back and I'd take him at his word. Martin is as honest as the day is long and if you're saying otherwise where's your figures to back it up? With regards to the books being filed: Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization and as a fella who was insitu and are in the business world, you of course know that ;). What we have in the bank/ balance sheet already made us an attractive proposition to the consortium but on the flip side it would have jacked the price up that they paid the lads, whatever that was.
s.

Dundalk Town FC Ltd posted a profit for the financial year to Nov 2016 of 3.3m euro based on annual Company Office returns.The accounts also noted receivables of 3.5m euro. Receivables are sums due, but not yet paid - the 2017 accounts should reflect the bigger picture when eventually filed with CRO

These numbers become somewhat irrelevant now, except to illustrate that the club is not necessarily in a better financial position now than previously

.post meeting Journalists questions on the scale of investment were not answered according to rrports

As far as I remember we got an advance from the FAI on monies due from UEFA for our EL adventure which would have been counted in the 2016 balance sheet and paid back to them then? Also cost of acquiring the lease and YDC then should be in the 2017 figures when filed I think as well as that was only sorted last financial year?
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:52 am

Accounting 101

Prize money earned in 2016 would be accounted for in the income statement in 2016.
Balance sheet would reflect this as either cash in bank or as receivables not yet due it. When received the value.would transfer from receivables (debtors) to cash in bank.
Profit should be accounted for in 2016 accounts.

Purchase of the lease won't affect profits ( apart from a premium paid for acquisition ) this is an asset and recorded in balance sheet and not income statement.
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Wexford White » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:04 pm

I wish the football would start..............................
The Back of the Wall

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Emmett Malone of the Irish Times appears unconvinced about the new owners asking if they see it as a project or a plaything

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer ... ssion=true

Adam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Adam » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Emmett Malone of the Irish Times appears unconvinced about the new owners asking if they see it as a project or a plaything

Yes, fair questions, but lets me really honest, on a human level here. Lets ask the question

"Did some US businessmen, come in to a one horse town across the Atlantic to buy a club just to screw it up?" They've paid for the club, they've put an experienced Managing Director in charge, and kept SK in the hotseat.

I know that some on here are looking for a great conspiracy, but honestly, I don't see any. If it works, great, we're back in the Europa or Champs Leagues, with more titles under our belt, and a decent style of football.

If it doesn't work, they won't be long hanging around.

So, maybe we lay off finding lots of reasons why this won't work, and be excited for the start of the season.
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Emmett Malone of the Irish Times appears unconvinced about the new owners asking if they see it as a project or a plaything

Are all journalists so naive about the motives of investors?

They invest to make money. Full stop.

If Emmett Malone can explain how investing millions into Oriel Park will make the investors money, I'd love to hear it.

They will put the money into those areas that can make a return for them, ie. playing, coaching, and player development budgets.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:22 pm

No one expected immediate mirracles but would it be too much to expect to have hired a team of builders for a week to get the old place cleaned up for the new season and to do some quick fixes? I think the current shed roof was erected over a weekend when it was put up.

The away end could be completey cleared of rubble, move down the top partition hoarding to go behind the last row of seats to box it in a little. Purchase or hire long term at least 10-15 more portable toilets for the ground and put a damn roof on both sides of the stand. All of these things can be removed if they ever decided to invest properly. Then do something to the awful eye sore that is behind the goal in the town end. Puddle. Not even going there. Deep clean the stand and install better sound and lighting over the ground. Improve the toilets in the stand beside the merchandise shop.

Of course nothing of the sort will be done.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Wexford White » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:06 pm

I'll say it again: I wish the football would start....................
The Back of the Wall

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:17 pm

Wexford White wrote:I'll say it again: I wish the football would start....................

Only 4 more sleeps WW, or 10 for the real thing, not long !

condor
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby condor » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 pm

The sole purpose of our new owners being here is to make money, nothing else. The only way to do this is
by the club getting a run in Europe EVERY YEAR. I believe they will spend on player recruitment and
longer contracts to make European football a possibility /reality. Peak6 are a money making machine and there is no way they will redevelop Oriel Park at huge cost with little long term return, the best we can
expect is gravel, paint and portaloos. Despite the bluster and bullshit from the YDC on Sunday, the
reality is that our new owners have no affinity for our club, it's history or it's fans and zero fcuks will
be given if/when fans have to drive to Dublin for a HOME fixture. Despite all of the above! I for one
will be delighted if they manage to improve the team on the pitch and I think we'd all love another
five years like Andy & Paul gave us.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:25 am

I appreciate that we may well be reaching the point where there is little left to say or do about this, other than

1. Give our full support to all involved to try to help make this a success
2. Ensure that a Trust replacement is in place and supported as a means of representing supporters interests to the new owners and preparing for a point in the future where the current owners exercise an exit strategy.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:07 am

I think you are right Ezeikial, nothing really more to say, we know they have no immediate plans to invest in the ground, but they should be good to pay the bills and fund player recruitment.

For older gen members, anyone recall the infamous Michael Knighton in his full Man U track suit top and shorts, juggling then kicking the ball into the net at the Stretford End around 89? That ended well.

Not suggesting this will end the same, but I was just reminded on that when I saw Jordan display his skills on the pitch in oriel and knock one into the top corner !

Return to “General Discussion”