Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby oldfogey » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:08 pm

Sneachta wrote:I see Bournemouth got fined for breaching financial fair play rules. Should that be a concern? I think someone mentioned somewhere else about the 65% expenditure to income ratio for LOI clubs. Considering we are bringing in all these players on good money is it a concern for anyone else?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Not in the slightest. Any amount by which we might be over the SCP is easily rectified. It is also possible that previous years surpluses are carried forward to future years.

DFCLife
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DFCLife » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Sneachta wrote:I see Bournemouth got fined for breaching financial fair play rules. Should that be a concern? I think someone mentioned somewhere else about the 65% expenditure to income ratio for LOI clubs. Considering we are bringing in all these players on good money is it a concern for anyone else?

Bournemouth's breach of FFP occurred in the 2014-15 season in which they were promoted from the Championship. Peak6 purchased their stake in the club during the following season in November 2015. Therefore, they had no involvement in the club when FFP rules were broken.
N'Golo Kanté has posters of Chris Shields on his bedroom wall

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:31 pm

John O'Connor is a Bohs fan with a financial background who has taken time to analyse and comment on the financial affairs of several League of Ireland clubs based on the limited information available publicly

Here he comments on Dundalk FC financials from 2014 - 2016 in a blog posted yesterday. It may have limited relevance to the current situation with new owners but gives an interesting commentary on recent performances

The 2017 accounts that are due shortly may add some further interesting insights:
https://leagueofirelandfinance.blogspot ... -2016.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:01 pm

For some strange reason the full link is not there and the page doesn't come up. Can you post it again or is it just me that the link doesn't work?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Sneachta wrote:For some strange reason the full link is not there and the page doesn't come up. Can you post it again or is it just me that the link doesn't work?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

The original link appears to be working ok for me

Hope this one works for you

https://leagueofirelandfinance.blogspot ... -2016.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Return to “General Discussion”