Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby oldfogey » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:08 pm

Sneachta wrote:I see Bournemouth got fined for breaching financial fair play rules. Should that be a concern? I think someone mentioned somewhere else about the 65% expenditure to income ratio for LOI clubs. Considering we are bringing in all these players on good money is it a concern for anyone else?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Not in the slightest. Any amount by which we might be over the SCP is easily rectified. It is also possible that previous years surpluses are carried forward to future years.

DFCLife
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Postby DFCLife » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Sneachta wrote:I see Bournemouth got fined for breaching financial fair play rules. Should that be a concern? I think someone mentioned somewhere else about the 65% expenditure to income ratio for LOI clubs. Considering we are bringing in all these players on good money is it a concern for anyone else?

Bournemouth's breach of FFP occurred in the 2014-15 season in which they were promoted from the Championship. Peak6 purchased their stake in the club during the following season in November 2015. Therefore, they had no involvement in the club when FFP rules were broken.

Return to “General Discussion”