Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Pepsi
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by Pepsi » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:29 pm

paul1 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:07 pm
See the Americans other club Fc Helsingor which they took over roughly the same time as us ,has today gained promotion to Denmark’s second division, they were in the same division as Niclas Vemmulunds club Middlefart...
Is it Peak6 or just Jordan Gardner who have an interest in the club??? My understanding is that it was Jordan Gardner with other investors who bought the club above. All the same nice to see them doing well, would be nice if the club could maybe get some sort of annual friendly with them (first team and youths, make a weekend of it in Oriel and following year over there for example), communicate more that there is a link or maybe a player on loan either way (standard would have to fit of course). Exposure......wouldnt do any harm.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:48 pm

Some things I’ve learned.

Mike Tracey pushes for Vinny hoping for continuity.
Big Bill never agreed and that’s why Andy Burton appeared and the moves for Barmby happened.
Mike walked / Big Bill shafted him.
Vinny has known he’s on borrowed time all year, save a big run in Europe.
Vinny had more or less zero say in signings or contracts, but drew the line a couple of times.
Part of the dressing room issue is that the players know Vinny had no control over their futures.
One agent in particular appears to be Bill’s go to guy for signings.

Pepsi
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pepsi » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:50 pm

El Paso wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:48 pm

Big Bill never agreed and that’s why Andy Burton appeared and the moves for Barmby happened.
Vinny had more or less zero say in signings or contracts, but drew the line a couple of times.
Part of the dressing room issue is that the players know Vinny had no control over their futures.
Or maybe...

Mike Treacy went for continuity hoping Vinny would carry on where SK left and save the club the cost and hassle of looking for a new manager......They then figured out that Vinny wasnt up to their expectations.
Andy Burton was a Peak6 man, worked for them at their UK football investment.....surely they assumed if he was good enough for a Premier League club he would be good enough for DFC.
Mike walked to allow his wife follow a career once her studies finished....something he is very proud off.
Of course Vinny knew he was on borrowed time.....it comes with management and big investment.
Vinny was given a squad of players to work with....said a number of times they were the best he has ever worked with or words to those effects. Trainers in the continent work under the same conditions daily.
Part of the dressing room knew their contracts were up and their performances do not justify new ones....they didnt complain when they were being fully paid during Covid...odd that one.
Rumour has it that a certain agent refuses to let his players go to Dundalk, they are encouraged to sign for Rovers......so why not try and find an agent to push players to Dundalk.

The only people who know what really went on over the last few days/weeks/months are Vinny and the board. Rest is hear say or rumours......

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 am

El Paso wrote:

Most of this now confirmed by the Rogers piece and Emmet Malone’s Irish Times article.

Sometimes the truth is exactly as it appears.

superman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by superman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:13 am

So how do we get rid of Big Bill ? Seems a lot of toxicity comes from him. The longer he is in the club, the harder it will be to clean up the mess.
Dundalk F.C : complaining about refs since 1903

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:26 am

superman wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:13 am
So how do we get rid of Big Bill ? Seems a lot of toxicity comes from him. The longer he is in the club, the harder it will be to clean up the mess.
We need Liam Neeson to get on the case and put a bullet in his head, either that or hope and pray *** DISGRACEFUL COMMENT WISHING DEATH ON THE MAN WHO WILL BE THE DEATH OF DUNDALK FC REMOVED ***
I'd say Bill is a right annoying oul bollix and Matt Hulsizer has given him this plaything over here to stop him wrecking his chops.
Last edited by McNultys Discopants on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:32 am

Bill is the man that paid the players full wages during COVID , You don’t bite the hand that feeds you. Bill is the boss man , don’t mess with Bill . Bill for President.👍😀. I don’t know who checks posts on this forum , but that previous post by Mc Nulty is gutter stuff. You should delete that pal , & grow up.

Pepsi
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pepsi » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:43 am

Lads we can all have our opinions on Bill and/or Peak6, however we should not forget the good they have done. I doubt very much that one of those players in the dressing room would say he is this or that having had their wages paid all year with pillowcase all income coming in and by all means the players are generally well looked after, maybe too well on recent performances. Peak6 are also the reason we have a full time setup......we have heard the Irish press side of things, would be very interesting to get Martin Connollys side of things or Bills. Very interesting that the players have not come out...past or present in support of Vinny. Somehow I feel Peak6 are a target by the press for different reasons.........maybe a bit of bashing to put them in their place. Bill is not every LOI chairmans mate.....certainly not loved in the FAI nor are Peak6 very press friendly.

Wishing someones death on a public forum.....not on and certainly not having seen what the club has gone through in the last month or so. A comment like that can be enough......

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:52 am

Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:54 pm

I’ve done another u-turn. I’m fully behind the project again. They always said it was about euro progress. I suppose they deserve to give their own way a try. Kennys and Vinnys way and players haven’t gotten anywhere near 2016 achievements since Peak 6 arrived so I suppose seeming as they are the ones paying the bills we should see how they got on with their own way.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:25 am

Still no official statement about Gill or Reynolds. I know that’s not on Darren Crawley or Gavin McLaughlin, so what’s taking our American overlords? Upset at criticism? How Trumpy are they? Sometimes I get the impression that for all Matt Hulsizer’s supposed billions, they’re all emperors new clothes. Small time spoofers.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:30 am

Or they don't care

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:38 am

Sneachta wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:30 am
Or they don't care

Maybe. I figure if you don’t care you tell Darren “stick up a couple of lines ‘thank you for your service, blah blah’.”

Nothing at all for this long seems deliberate.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:52 am

Well I'm guessing, they're billionaires, who couldn't give a hoot, and some billionaires get a kick out of ruining people's careers. Like has been suggested, we could be their play thing. And I agree, it could've been as simple as, "Gavin throw a few lines together and stick it up on the website. Eilish, copy Gavin's paragraph and forward it onto the Argus." Done.

However, humour me here, completely separate to this, I have a friend who was one of 3 outstanding executives in a drinks company. But the CEO/owner of said drinks company, for 2 years, made the chaps life hell, hacked his phone and email accounts, harassed him, his wife and family, in order to??? Because he could. The owner had no need to do, just decided to mess with a guys career, only the fact that he had more money to burn and was probably bored and got off on ruining people's lives. CEOs and MDs display ask the traits of sociopaths.

Now I'm not suggesting peak6 are doing this, but perhaps big bill is having some fun. I dunno. Now where did I put my tinfoil hat?

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:39 pm

El Paso wrote:

This post raises my anger levels several notches

Are you seriously claiming that all of this is new to you now?

You vilified James Rogers and cast aspirations on him last season when he was outlining some of this and other stuff
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.