Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by Pepsi » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:47 pm

Lads why would the club officially announce that Reynolds or Gill have left when they are probably still getting the contracts ready with big fat NDAs included??? I would also assume that both are still being paid....so technically are still employed and on the payroll. It took at least 1 year for Liverpool to announce that Klopps "Brain" assistant had officially left the club, thats how Americans do it. They seem to announce these things when they stop paying.
Vinny was a different case as he was the media face of the trainer team.
Last edited by Pepsi on Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:59 pm

I must have missed something. Rogers left? Who?

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:06 pm

GC. wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:59 pm
I must have missed something. Rogers left? Who?
My mistake...should have been Reynolds.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:39 pm
El Paso wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:48 pm
Some things I’ve learned.

Mike Tracey pushes for Vinny hoping for continuity.
Big Bill never agreed and that’s why Andy Burton appeared and the moves for Barmby happened.
Mike walked / Big Bill shafted him.
Vinny has known he’s on borrowed time all year, save a big run in Europe.
Vinny had more or less zero say in signings or contracts, but drew the line a couple of times.
Part of the dressing room issue is that the players know Vinny had no control over their futures.
One agent in particular appears to be Bill’s go to guy for signings.
This post raises my anger levels several notches

Are you seriously claiming that all of this is new to you now?

You vilified James Rogers and cast aspirations on him last season when he was outlining some of this and other stuff
I didn’t say it was new to me. I was summarising what I’d learned by myself about how our owners do business.

But I was unfair to James at the time for not believing some of the bits he reported correctly - specifically Andy Burton’s role. Nonetheless James has his own sources with their own agendas - like whoever told him Vinny asked for Mark Burton to come in.

Glad you’re directing your anger where it matters. Hope you’re feeling better!

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:23 pm

I've yet to see any official comment other than 2 lines on VP tenure at the club. The guy who was one pen kick away from winning the treble. An absolute disgrace how that was handled.

As for P6, who knows what their long term plan is, some will argue its to get these guys in, knowing it will end in failure but that means they do too, so their chance to re-coup $$$ is gone, unless they have already planned to exit.

If they do, what will they have left us as a present. A footpath for fans, and YDC improvements, again a lot will argue it was paid for using DFC cash at bank. The fact that they couldnt even stretch to covering both sides of the stand was the last straw, and dont get me started on impeding stand view, an L shape roof could have been built, a St Pats type semi - perm stand behind the town goal, all could have been easily installed, they didn't want to spend the money.

Quayman
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Quayman » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:14 pm

Dan McDonnell reporting tonight that Martin Connolly is now gone from the club and board.
Neale Fenn....SCUM

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:17 pm

Sorry to be OCD,but it has irked me since Vinny was sacked that people keep saying we were “one penalty kick” away from winning the treble. That’s not true as the shootout was an unmitigated disaster!!!

Lack of bravery in extra time away from winning the treble would be more accurate.

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:18 pm

Quayman wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:14 pm
Dan McDonnell reporting tonight that Martin Connolly is now gone from the club and board.
Says in his tweet that he is staying on as Chief Operating officer but gone from the board.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:24 pm

It gets worse. Maybe it’s best this nonsense is brought to a head. Puts it up to them. So will they fire Martin as COO? Or is this a message to Matt to rein in the toddler in chief?

Uriel
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Uriel » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:39 am

El Paso wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:10 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:39 pm
El Paso wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:48 pm
Some things I’ve learned.

Mike Tracey pushes for Vinny hoping for continuity.
Big Bill never agreed and that’s why Andy Burton appeared and the moves for Barmby happened.
Mike walked / Big Bill shafted him.
Vinny has known he’s on borrowed time all year, save a big run in Europe.
Vinny had more or less zero say in signings or contracts, but drew the line a couple of times.
Part of the dressing room issue is that the players know Vinny had no control over their futures.
One agent in particular appears to be Bill’s go to guy for signings.
This post raises my anger levels several notches

Are you seriously claiming that all of this is new to you now?

You vilified James Rogers and cast aspirations on him last season when he was outlining some of this and other stuff
I didn’t say it was new to me. I was summarising what I’d learned by myself about how our owners do business.

But I was unfair to James at the time for not believing some of the bits he reported correctly - specifically Andy Burton’s role. Nonetheless James has his own sources with their own agendas - like whoever told him Vinny asked for Mark Burton to come in.

Glad you’re directing your anger where it matters. Hope you’re feeling better!
Just on Burton he is on record as saying Vinny asked him to come in. Yet to be disputed although looking forward to the Independent 2moro to see what else may emerge. Hard to believe it's less than a month since football returned given all that has happened since

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:54 am

Even if he is on record it’s ludicrous that Vinny asked the same guy supposedly on the Peak6 radar to take over from him, over by choice.

“Vinny, start doing what you’re told and contact Mark Burton and tell him you want him over”. A lot closer to the truth, I reckon, all things considered.
Last edited by El Paso on Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

cooney
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cooney » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:07 am

After a full read of Dan's article in the Indo, I felt myself cringe at some of the lunacy mooted by the halfwit in control if they're to be believed (which I have no doubt are true)

The inmates have well and truly taken over the asylum, he needs to GTFO

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:31 am

Martin Connolly supposedly gone as a board member and club sec. Will supposedly continue as COO. Wonder if there is more to all this than we know. Are they planning a major set of changes at the end of the season???
1. 15-18 players out of contract at end of season
2. Trainer team relieved of duties, replaced by a duo on 3 month contracts
3. Martin being removed from the board

Looks to me as if they are either going to pack it in and have reduced costs for a potential new owner or they are about to relaunch the concept with a major overhaul of everything.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:37 am

Pepsi wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:31 am
Martin Connolly supposedly gone as a board member and club sec. Will supposedly continue as COO. Wonder if there is more to all this than we know. Are they planning a major set of changes at the end of the season???
1. 15-18 players out of contract at end of season
2. Trainer team relieved of duties, replaced by a duo on 3 month contracts
3. Martin being removed from the board

Looks to me as if they are either going to pack it in and have reduced costs for a potential new owner or they are about to relaunch the concept with a major overhaul of everything.
If you were a betting man which would u bet on? Mine would be the former
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:49 pm

Could obviously be very wrong but I don’t think they intend leaving at all.

I just think they’re typical arrogant Americans who talk a load of shit about “how great you guys in ‘Dun-dalck’ are”, but privately think they know better than the local backward fools, and they’ve decided to take control of every aspect of running the club and get rid of anyone who tries to tell them anything they don’t want to hear.

Trying to think what the parallel in England would be. Mike Ashley at Newcastle maybe.