Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by Pepsi » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:41 pm

Yes but you have to remember we have been making a loss over the last number of years. If I remember correctly last year was approx. €1.5 million. Take away the investment in the YDC and you still have a lump to be covered. Have a feeling we will all be suprised at just how much is being lost due to Covid when we see the published accounts.....trainer team payoff, cost of getting the new lads in (maybe compo to Met Oval), travelling in UEFA buddles, rent for the Aviva.....

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2011
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by oldfogey » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:31 pm

I'll grant you everything except severance payments. That should come out of Bill's pension pot.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by Pepsi » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:41 pm

James Rogers today, funny how no one picked up on it but every read the €3 million will be reinvested.....
"In spite of what has been said I had very little to do with it," said Bill.
"I wish now I could say that I picked the team and I told him who to play but I didn't and I won't.
As I said at the time....the truth is in there somewhere....like a couple who divorce, the other one is always the villan.

User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7733
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by mike » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:02 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:22 am
This is a very significant statement from Bill in an interview with James Rogers
Dundalk FC chairman Bill Hulsizer has vowed that any big European pay day earned by his side in the coming weeks will go back into the club.
The caveat is
“I don’t control the purse strings but I would imagine if we have a big pay day that much of it will get put back into the club and/or the League of Ireland. I don’t draw a line between the two.”
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soc ... 55207.html
Then again on the other hand, nothing stopping them taking the full earned euro monies after expenses and keeping it for themselves !

As always its words > actions, and until I see a few big yellow JCB's inside the ground, nothing to get excited about.

User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7733
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by mike » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:06 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:22 am
This is a very significant statement from Bill in an interview with James Rogers
Dundalk FC chairman Bill Hulsizer has vowed that any big European pay day earned by his side in the coming weeks will go back into the club.
Just picking up on this again, so now we have the €4m or close to in the bag, where does the money go to?

1/ Pay off the losses from the last 2 years, as in P6 just bank it, as the loses are not actual debt, more money lost on what we had / they had to put in?

2/ Invest only on the players for 2021 and beyond, bonus payments for group stage and cash flow with no income and extended season now?

3/ P6 take say 1m and leave the rest to run football side of things?

4/ Here comes the Elephant in the room, invest into some sort of ground redevelopment, how much would one modest stand behind the town goal cost for eg ?? Fully roofed, similar say to what Cork have at their away end, only toilets under it.

5/ What can be done to the stand side, can it be extended even 1/2 the height, low L shape roofing both side might work leaving current seating as it is, wouldnt look great but it would be better than whats there, and we'll see how bad is looks in the rain tonight.

6/ Does anyone actually believe options 4 and 5 are real?

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:50 pm

mike wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:22 am
This is a very significant statement from Bill in an interview with James Rogers
Dundalk FC chairman Bill Hulsizer has vowed that any big European pay day earned by his side in the coming weeks will go back into the club.
Just picking up on this again, so now we have the €4m or close to in the bag, where does the money go to?

1/ Pay off the losses from the last 2 years, as in P6 just bank it, as the loses are not actual debt, more money lost on what we had / they had to put in?

2/ Invest only on the players for 2021 and beyond, bonus payments for group stage and cash flow with no income and extended season now?

3/ P6 take say 1m and leave the rest to run football side of things?

4/ Here comes the Elephant in the room, invest into some sort of ground redevelopment, how much would one modest stand behind the town goal cost for eg ?? Fully roofed, similar say to what Cork have at their away end, only toilets under it.

5/ What can be done to the stand side, can it be extended even 1/2 the height, low L shape roofing both side might work leaving current seating as it is, wouldnt look great but it would be better than whats there, and we'll see how bad is looks in the rain tonight.

6/ Does anyone actually believe options 4 and 5 are real?
For option 4 and 5 you ask do people believe it will happen ie will Peak6 reinvest the money earned into ground development.
I would put it to you that Peak6 reinvested money earned from 2016 in improving the facilities to help the players improve and have by and large been met with contempt on here. “They won’t spend their own money only what was earned in 2016” type of thing. They’re damned if they do and damned if don’t as far as I’m concerned.

However to answer your overall questions, you have to factor in Covid. No income from gates receipts yet the players were paid in full. I reckon cool heads need to prevail over the next 6 months and an overall plan needs to be carefully hatched. There is a real danger that we won’t have any European football next year or shortened 2021 league ( which definitely doesn’t suit us).
However, as I pointed out in a previous post, Dan McDonnell has reported twice this week that the KI game was not seen as the be all and end all from Peak6 point of view. He said they are financially secure and comfortable about our finances. Make of that what you will.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3782
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:54 pm

mike wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:06 pm
4/ Here comes the Elephant in the room, invest into some sort of ground redevelopment, how much would one modest stand behind the town goal cost for eg ?? Fully roofed, similar say to what Cork have at their away end, only toilets under it.

A rough guide for basic stand would be €1M per 1000 seats
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4111
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by El Paso » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:02 pm

Poor Peak6 being ‘treated with contempt’ on a message board. Whatever next?

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by Shoco » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:33 pm

With the way cases are rising again I don’t think we need any new stands!!

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by Pepsi » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:24 pm


User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6575
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Maybe they should invest in oriel and see can they bring something to the table event wise. But again we won't hold our breath waiting on that.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

User avatar
magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by magarnagle » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:04 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:36 pm
Maybe they should invest in oriel and see can they bring something to the table event wise. But again we won't hold our breath waiting on that.
What kind of events do you think a town of 30,000 can attract that will help recuperate pumping 20-30 million into a Oriel?

They are talking about an already built 50,000 seater stadium in the heart of a city of 1.2 million with transport links.

I can understand the frustration based on Bill's approach to a lot of stuff but some of the posts on her recently are laughable. Zero thought going into them.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6575
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:31 pm

magarnagle wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:04 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:36 pm
Maybe they should invest in oriel and see can they bring something to the table event wise. But again we won't hold our breath waiting on that.
What kind of events do you think a town of 30,000 can attract that will help recuperate pumping 20-30 million into a Oriel?

They are talking about an already built 50,000 seater stadium in the heart of a city of 1.2 million with transport links.

I can understand the frustration based on Bill's approach to a lot of stuff but some of the posts on her recently are laughable. Zero thought going into them.
Wise up will you. do u honestly think for 1 second I think that Dundalk is gonna get Bruce Springsteen or U2 or oasis to reform and play here or that bill will invest 1 cent let alone 30m into redeveloping oriel. But they are coming out very badly in all this media frenzy. They wanted to move to windsor Park, wanted to move to Aviva and transport fans to the Aviva. Now it transpires they wanted to invest 30m into managing the Aviva for the fai and irfu. How does that look when they won't invest 1 dollar into the redevelopment of oriel?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4111
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by El Paso » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:33 pm

magarnagle wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:04 pm
What kind of events do you think a town of 30,000 can attract that will help recuperate pumping 20-30 million into a Oriel?
Did Niall say we should put "20-30 million into Oriel"?

User avatar
magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by magarnagle » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:41 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:31 pm
magarnagle wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:04 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:36 pm


Maybe they should invest in oriel and see can they bring something to the table event wise. But again we won't hold our breath waiting on that.
What kind of events do you think a town of 30,000 can attract that will help recuperate pumping 20-30 million into a Oriel?

They are talking about an already built 50,000 seater stadium in the heart of a city of 1.2 million with transport links.

I can understand the frustration based on Bill's approach to a lot of stuff but some of the posts on her recently are laughable. Zero thought going into them.
Wise up will you. do u honestly think for 1 second I think that Dundalk is gonna get Bruce Springsteen or U2 or oasis to reform and play here or that bill will invest 1 cent let alone 30m into redeveloping oriel. But they are coming out very badly in all this media frenzy. They wanted to move to windsor Park, wanted to move to Aviva and transport fans to the Aviva. Now it transpires they wanted to invest 30m into managing the Aviva for the fai and irfu. How does that look when they won't invest 1 dollar into the redevelopment of oriel?
I presume you are replying to your own post there because the first two sentences are what you should have said to yourself before posting "Maybe they should invest in oriel and see can they bring something to the table event wise".

In response to the Aviva story you suggested they invest in Oriel instead and attract events. So I presume you meant instead of investing 20-30 million in the Aviva they should invest in Oriel and try get the events there to make their money. I just pointed out the obvious flaws in your suggestion.

You do realise the Aviva investment would have nothing to do with Dundalk? It's like giving out about Peak 6 opening an operation in Belfast or investing in another club elsewhere. They are an huge investment company that's how they make their money.

Post Reply