Brentford match - Weds 7th Feb

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Brentford match - Weds 7th Feb

Postby 0rl » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:32 am

Sneachta wrote:Two nice goals for the town. Who gave the ball away in our defence for Brentford goal? Reminds me how our defence played as they tired coming to the end of Europa league run

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Folan but he did atone at the end :-)

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:06 am

He's a big unit

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:59 am

Sneachta wrote:Two nice goals for the town. Who gave the ball away in our defence for Brentford goal?

Stephen Folan got badly caught in possession - it was extremely poor on his behalf. I am concerned that we may have a soft spot in central defence that could cough up possession and goals when put under pressure, especially in the big games.

To be fair to Folan, playing out from the back is probably something that he has not been asked to do much in recent seasons and he has had a very solid solid pre-season so far. Hopefully the coaching staff will help him to eradicate this from his game
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:21 am

On the subject of Stephen Folan, read James Rogers piece in the Argus

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/ar ... 69733.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Brentford match - Weds 7th Feb

Postby Sneachta » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:23 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Sneachta wrote:Two nice goals for the town. Who gave the ball away in our defence for Brentford goal?

Stephen Folan got badly caught in possession - it was extremely poor on his behalf. I am concerned that we may have a soft spot in central defence that could cough up possession and goals when put under pressure, especially in the big games.

To be fair to Folan, playing out from the back is probably something that he has not been asked to do much in recent seasons and he has had a very solid solid pre-season so far. Hopefully the coaching staff will help him to eradicate this from his game
Sean hoare got caught out a few times last season. Not so much with ability but more wrong decision of when to play out of defence. Would expect him to push on with garts this year. He's the best header of the ball in the league IMO. I've yet to see folan so will give him a few games before coming to conclusions.

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ridleys regular » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Hoare proved himself already as a ready replacement for Garts and i think he'll take that pos 3 - 4 games in to the season.
Folan will be sound.Guy got caught in a muddle for the Brentford goal the other night but never put a foot wrong after that and smashed home an excellent goal later.Good,quality player.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:29 pm

I hope it doesn't come to pass - but I anticipate plenty of weeping and gnashing of teeth about the absence of Vemmelund from our central defence.

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:40 pm

I feel a changing of the guard beckons with Hoare & Folan making the central defence their own. Albeit friendly games, I've been highly impressed with Folan & Hoare continues to improve with each game he plays.

C'MON THE TOWN:

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:06 pm

These Brentford lads are quick on the uptake

Beesotted Brentford‏ @Beesotted

They’ll be dancing on the streets of Dundalk tonight as #BrentfordFC B team kept their word and beat @ShamrockRovers today in Dublin by 2-1. Goals from Theo Archibald & Jarvis Edobor

https://twitter.com/Beesotted/status/962397030583808001

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Townfan7 wrote:I feel a changing of the guard beckons with Hoare & Folan making the central defence their own. Albeit friendly games, I've been highly impressed with Folan & Hoare continues to improve with each game he plays.

C'MON THE TOWN:

You could be right, but I think he will start with Gartland and Folan in the first league match v Bray.

Return to “General Discussion”