2018 Home Attendances

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Fwats
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: 2018 Home Attendances

Postby Fwats » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:00 am

Food options that you get at the square on a weekend when nothing else is open is not good enough when you've paid 15-20 euro in.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:56 am

Dundalk average attendance on the decrease since 2016. There are mitigating factors for that but a small cause for concern surely

http://www.extratime.ie/articles/21267/ ... um=twitter

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:08 am

Sneachta wrote:Dundalk average attendance on the decrease since 2016. There are mitigating factors for that but a small cause for concern surely

Increase in midweek games surely has an impact.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:01 am

Louth4sam wrote:
Sneachta wrote:Dundalk average attendance on the decrease since 2016. There are mitigating factors for that but a small cause for concern surely

Increase in midweek games surely has an impact.

Agree 100%.

Leaving aside cup draws there are only 6 home games between now and the end of the season - Levadia plus 5 league matches. While a home cup tie is all money (season tickets not applicable), we have a history of relatively poor crowds at these games, and the opposition walk away with 35%.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:10 pm

The fixture list in April/May was a joke. It affected attendances and it affected the matches. It also ruined the League, as we were shaping up for a decent four way battle into the summer
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

marmulade
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby marmulade » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:48 pm

The quality of food really is shocking though. I ate a DunDog on Good Friday, and considered the irony if I'd gotten food poisoning from it. Then again, I'm not sure if the DunDog contains any actual meat.

Considering the plethora of mobile food vendors out there, and their presence at festivals and events up and down the country, it seems amazing that there isn't more variety at Oriel. Surely offering them some space at the ground is the equivalent of an open goal? Unless there's some kind of privileged deal with Sing Li that I don't know about...

transitvan74
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby transitvan74 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:39 pm

there is a privilged deal with sing li, or at least there was with last owners.posted this before friend of mine offered resonable money to put wagon in for all home games,was told no way,asked why. hit with blank wall ,was told then from a source within oriel they didnt want to upset gerry king ,wink and nod stuff

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:30 pm

One of the things about getting bigger attendances is making Oriel a place you’d want to arrive up to early and hang around after. Especially in the summer months. That means food and drinks easy to get in a nice atmosphere with some sort of entertainment, even if it’s just a bit of music.

Also had another thought about public transport. How about the club just put the list of suburban buses that come into town in time for kick off, and offer a deal where you can swap your bus ticket for equivalent discount from match ticket?
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:49 am

That could be expanded on a bit by looking in to where people travel from to games from outside of Dundalk/North Louth. I was in Kells a few days before the Cork match and overheard a group of lads talking about taking a trip to Dundalk for the game v Cork. The numbers may not be enough for organising some formal incentive but do we know the extent of people that do travel in to Oriel from the North East. I was pleasantly surprised to overhear the lad's interest. There is a group from Navan too that have taken to following Dundalk and attend Oriel regularly. Over season if this was an even additonal 80-100 per game from outside the tradional fanbase, well i'm sure it worth looking at as those numbers could be grown.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:31 am

Genuine question here, what do people in the stand do if they want some hot food at half time? I know the facilities aren’t there at the minute to put in a permanent hot food counter but surely a temporary one could be wheeled in every match. Or do they have to go over to the curry wagon too?
King Kenny!

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:42 am

colymull wrote:Genuine question here, what do people in the stand do if they want some hot food at half time? I know the facilities aren’t there at the minute to put in a permanent hot food counter but surely a temporary one could be wheeled in every match. Or do they have to go over to the curry wagon too?

There are hot dogs available in the McGuill Suite shop in addition to the usual tea/coffee/soup. You will see some youngsters with bags of chips who have obviously walked the long way round. (If it's quiet the stewards let them nip across the away terrace)

Placing a third outlet is probably not viable in terms of (a) how much extra business would be drummed up, and (b) where to put it. There is actually very little free space at the side of the stand.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:45 am

colymull wrote:Genuine question here, what do people in the stand do if they want some hot food at half time? I know the facilities aren’t there at the minute to put in a permanent hot food counter but surely a temporary one could be wheeled in every match. Or do they have to go over to the curry wagon too?

Prawns and avocado for me.

Or a gourmet Dundog in the coffee shop in Enda McGuills
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Bought my ticket for Pats A online, they have my name, address and credit card details, a great way for us to start marketing to fans and building a data base. Hopefully someone from the club keeps tabs on our chat and takes note

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:Bought my ticket for Pats A online, they have my name, address and credit card details, a great way for us to start marketing to fans and building a data base. Hopefully someone from the club keeps tabs on our chat and takes note

That's against the law now under the new data protection regulations.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Louth4sam wrote:
Robbiedundalk2 wrote:Bought my ticket for Pats A online, they have my name, address and credit card details, a great way for us to start marketing to fans and building a data base. Hopefully someone from the club keeps tabs on our chat and takes note

That's against the law now under the new data protection regulations.

You mean GDPR, if you ask for permission you can still market to people, that’s why everyone was swamped with emails prior to May 25, otherwise all internet companies would be going out of business

Return to “General Discussion”