2018 Home Attendances

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

GSBellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: 2018 Home Attendances

Postby GSBellew » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:45 pm

Online ticket sales would potentially help attendance, I know people living in Dublin who consider going to games but don't as they'd be tight on time travelling after work & buying a ticket at oriel. If you could buy online, which I did last year for away v rovers, print it and present it, surely possible with the scanners they are using.

Drogheda let under 5's in free, good way to get parents / grandparents to bring the next generation of fans along and get them hooked at minimal loss of revenue to the club.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:59 am

3139 at the game last night. That's pretty good going.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:41 pm

I was very encouraged to hear this figure reported. It was an excellent turn out. Plenty of kids up. I did my bit on that front too ! But also fair play to Bohs for taking what they did on a Sunday night. This ofcourse boosted the crowd to over 3k but it’s still fitting for a side like outs to play in front of a crowd like this. I was expecting only 2500.

I don’t have access to a laptop this week and this site is blocked at work ! So the stats update will be delayed. Anyone interested jump over to foot.ie. The Finn Harps guy Nigel who records all Club crowds equals what I have for us and he updated all this am.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:30 am

Great crowd on a Sunday evening, I was expecting more like 2k

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:00 am

Great to see new online sales. The club will now have real data to start online marketing, name, address, postcode etc

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:09 am

I can't remember if I was asked to tick any boxes consenting to terms and conditions of my data being shared. They can't use it yet unless they do so. According to Mike Tracey this is a "beta test". I guess they are throwing out the feelers to see if it will be used. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 pm

Sneachta wrote:I can't remember if I was asked to tick any boxes consenting to terms and conditions of my data being shared. They can't use it yet unless they do so. According to Mike Tracey this is a "beta test". I guess they are throwing out the feelers to see if it will be used. Definitely a step in the right direction.

I am reliably informed they got this area planned for in in the future

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:09 am

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:
Sneachta wrote:I can't remember if I was asked to tick any boxes consenting to terms and conditions of my data being shared. They can't use it yet unless they do so. According to Mike Tracey this is a "beta test". I guess they are throwing out the feelers to see if it will be used. Definitely a step in the right direction.

I am reliably informed they got this area planned for in in the future

Well unless like sneachta says consent is granted, this is 100% illegal under GDPR regulations so hopefully nothing is gathered until an 'opt in' button is added in the future
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:13 am

Peak6 are a financial institution, they will be very aware of and will have plans for regulation. They will also understand data and its role in marketing so I think we will be fine on this one

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Home Attendances

Postby Sneachta » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:20 am

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:Peak6 are a financial institution, they will be very aware of and will have plans for regulation. They will also understand data and its role in marketing so I think we will be fine on this one
Like Google and Facebook were aware?

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:53 am

Sneachta wrote:
Robbiedundalk2 wrote:Peak6 are a financial institution, they will be very aware of and will have plans for regulation. They will also understand data and its role in marketing so I think we will be fine on this one

FB are being fined so we will see how that plays out. Getting opt in from people who want to hear more about club information on one website might be a tad easier, shall we say. Don't think we need to worry about it but good that we are all thinking about it, including the club

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:40 am

Sneachta wrote:

Google and Facebook deal in data, so they felt they were above regulation. Let me think, who else did that ? Oh yes, the Banks. And none of these cared about who they alienated.

I think the owners are well aware there are always people in the long grass waiting to criticise their actions. (that's not directed at you Sn.)

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:47 am

Back to attendances, it will be very interesting to see turnout for tonight. At a normal price structure I would have only expected around the 2K mark. Now with greatly reduced ticket prices and available to buy online, we should be expecting 2.5K plus although Im not sure the reduced ticketing prices have been promoted or fully marketed.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:36 pm

The greatest promotion is word of mouth.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:54 pm

oldfogey wrote:The greatest promotion is word of mouth.

That's a dangerous one oldfogey. Some people can misinterpret that as being the "only" promotion needed.

If the word circulates primarily to people who would attend anyway (and pay €15) then the reduction becomes only a "thank you" or loyalty gesture. That's laudable in itself but price discount promotions should be geared to be self-financing; or being an investment in attracting new customers who may become regulars

To balance out 1,000 people at €15 requires 1,500 people at €10
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Return to “General Discussion”