2018 Home Attendances

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

carrickfan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: 2018 Home Attendances

Postby carrickfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:05 pm

Potential support for Dundalk FC...
Town population 35,000
County Louth population 120,000
We have a lot of support from Dublin, Monaghan, Cavan, Down and Armagh (and further afield)
All this investment in players means we need more revenue to sustain it...
Do we have the ability to build the fanbase to 5000 per home game?

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Home Attendances

Postby Sneachta » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:18 pm

Quayman wrote:
shedboy4life wrote:
carrickfan wrote:4100 odd at last game v Cork...though my season ticket at that of my son was not counted going through the turnstiles...anyone the same experience?

Yeah same happened me and two of my mates.

Same here. Was told the scanners were not working. Almost sure they count all sold season tickets in the weekly attendance figures and just estimate a percentage paying at the gate.
My season ticket was scanned. It looked a lot more than 4100

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:48 pm

Quayman wrote:
shedboy4life wrote:
carrickfan wrote:4100 odd at last game v Cork...though my season ticket at that of my son was not counted going through the turnstiles...anyone the same experience?

Yeah same happened me and two of my mates.

Same here. Was told the scanners were not working. Almost sure they count all sold season tickets in the weekly attendance figures and just estimate a percentage paying at the gate.

Season tickets always have fallback of assuming everyone attended. I would expect "Pay at the gate" to be correct as individual tickets are issued at the hut, then collected at the turnstile.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:24 pm

carrickfan wrote:Potential support for Dundalk FC...
Town population 35,000
We have a lot of support from Dublin, Monaghan, Cavan, Down and Armagh (and further afield)

We have to change our mentality and strive for this. I know there are obstacles but we need to set new agendas to achieve this type of number. There are at least 5k football fans in Dundalk and more in the environs, we just need to convince more of these to go regularly. Spread the word

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 pm

I think the diehards will come anyway but I suspect a lot of the extras have an expectation of facilities that we can't currently match. Many of the seats in the Town terrace are of no use because of the numbers standing at the wall.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying pressurise the club into fast tracking a new stadium. I'm merely saying that people might be prepared to pay €15 when it's a big game, but not on a regular basis.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:58 pm

On the crowd. I think anytime we can get just over 4K Home fans at a game (Cork took just over 100) we have to be happy. That was serious support the other night and considering the town population of under 40k it’s even more impressive.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:19 pm

Figures updated now Robbie on the stats page, a season high of 4,117 passed through the turnstiles v Cork, this was the biggest crowd by 554 so far and the 5th one from 13 games that broke the 3k barrier. The current average is 2,627. We really should be hitting 3k as the avg in my view.

However its the picking and choosing of games culture that really needs to improve if we are to consistently increase this, far too many are staying away for the mid table games where the average is probably only 2k.

If you look at the crowd v Cork last Friday, just over 4k Dundalk attended, thats a decent pool to be drawing from and it should be translate to higher crowds really. I think looking at the remaining fixtures, the games are attractive, and away support will be higher, but a lot of games will be moved now due to europe.

Remaining home league games noting Bohs and Rovers will prob need to be moved. Derry also if we make the EA Sports Cup final.

Fri 27-07 Bohemians
Fri 03-08 Shamrock Rovers
Fri 14-09 Derry City
Fri 05-10 St Patricks
Fri 19-10 Sligo Rovers

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:00 am

carrickfan wrote:Potential support for Dundalk FC...
Town population 35,000

We can be very harsh on ourselves when it comes to our attendances. We get on average somewhere around 10% of the local population per home game. I don’t think any other club in the country comes near this. I agree that we should always try and get as many through the gate as possible and that team deserves it but unfortunately our facilities (especially in the colder, wetter months) don’t really help with people with kids coming more regularly
The natural balance of Irish football has returned for good.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:13 am

mike wrote:Figures updated now Robbie on the stats page, a season high of 4,117 passed through the turnstiles v Cork, this was the biggest crowd by 554 so far and the 5th one from 13 games that broke the 3k barrier. The current average is 2,627. We really should be hitting 3k as the avg in my view.

However its the picking and choosing of games culture that really needs to improve if we are to consistently increase this, far too many are staying away for the mid table games where the average is probably only 2k.

If you look at the crowd v Cork last Friday, just over 4k Dundalk attended, thats a decent pool to be drawing from and it should be translate to higher crowds really. I think looking at the remaining fixtures, the games are attractive, and away support will be higher, but a lot of games will be moved now due to europe.

Remaining home league games noting Bohs and Rovers will prob need to be moved. Derry also if we make the EA Sports Cup final.

Fri 27-07 Bohemians
Fri 14-09 Derry City
Fri 05-10 St Patricks
Fri 19-10 Sligo Rovers

The scariest thing there is the possible EA Sports Cup final. If that happens and we get drawn away in the cup, there could be no Friday night home game for 2 months. Make the second round of the Europa League and there are NONE between now and Oct 5th.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:32 am

mike wrote:Figures updated now Robbie on the stats page, a season high of 4,117 passed through the turnstiles v Cork, this was the biggest crowd by 554 so far and the 5th one from 13 games that broke the 3k barrier. The current average is 2,627. We really should be hitting 3k as the avg in my view.

Fri 27-07 Bohemians
Fri 14-09 Derry City
Fri 05-10 St Patricks
Fri 19-10 Sligo Rovers

Thank you.

If we think attendances won’t rise then they won’t. We have to find ways of trying to break through that. Initiatives like the drummers, free scarves and face painting certainly helps. Better ground in the future most definitely. Continued work in the community, creating family areas, creating data bases of fans for marketing particularly for casual fans and also anaysis of data by geography - eg should we be trying to get more people from Monaghan, Cavan etc to attend, word of mouth getting every die hard to bring a lapsed fan along for half price, improved music, a dundalk anthem for when teams enter play, more flags, more drums, better catering at better prices, more celebration that we have a full time professional sports team in town - one of the few in the country, pressure on the council for more recognition and support, a fans forum for ideas and suggestions, fans organized events - in the 80’s there was a shed Xmas black tie do which included travel to finn harps game later that season. Anything at all to keep us moving forward. And we have made great strides and are in a good place but we constantly have to strive for more as we have a chance that has never previously existed in LOI history

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:55 am

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:

Fri 27-07 Bohemians
Fri 14-09 Derry City
Fri 05-10 St Patricks
Fri 19-10 Sligo Rovers

Thank you.

If we think attendances won’t rise then they won’t. We have to find ways of trying to break through that. Initiatives like the drummers, free scarves and face painting certainly helps. Better ground in the future most definitely. Continued work in the community, creating family areas, creating data bases of fans for marketing particularly for casual fans and also anaysis of data by geography - eg should we be trying to get more people from Monaghan, Cavan etc to attend, word of mouth getting every die hard to bring a lapsed fan along for half price, improved music, a dundalk anthem for when teams enter play, more flags, more drums, better catering at better prices, more celebration that we have a full time professional sports team in town - one of the few in the country, pressure on the council for more recognition and support, a fans forum for ideas and suggestions, fans organized events - in the 80’s there was a shed Xmas black tie do which included travel to finn harps game later that season. Anything at all to keep us moving forward. And we have made great strides and are in a good place but we constantly have to strive for more as we have a chance that has never previously existed in LOI history

There is a bucket load of good and achievable ideas in there - I applaud you for them and your positive attitude

In most things club related, ideas have rarely been in short supply, practical energy, initiative and leadership have tended to be more the issue.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

transitvan74
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby transitvan74 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:23 am

thought the drummers were very good on friday night ,broughtl atmosphere into oriel fgot the crowd going ,face painting for kids good to gets them involved .and the free scarves good gesture and getting the brand out there also.but yet again and i know we touched on this before, that overpriced grease box sitting in oriel on friday night is an embarrasement ,had sister in law and kids with me first time in oriel ,pre warned her before half time when she notifed me they were heading for el sing lee.didnt listen ,well after queing for half an hour for the over priced rubbish and missing the first goal ,she was less impressed .actually said would have been cheaper to head for the windsor ,in simple term not good enough and certainly not agood first impression .how can you expect people to return

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:08 am

[quote="transitvan74"]thought the drummers were very good on friday night ,broughtl atmosphere into oriel fgot the crowd going ,face painting for kids good to gets them involved .and the free scarves good gesture and getting the brand out there also.but yet again and i know we touched on this before, that overpriced grease box sitting in oriel on friday night is an embarrasement ,had sister in law and kids with me first time in oriel ,pre warned her before half time when she notifed me they were heading for el sing lee.didnt listen ,well after queing for half an hour for the over priced rubbish and missing the first goal ,she was less impressed .actually said would have been cheaper to head for the windsor ,in simple term not good enough and certainly not agood first impression .how can you expect people to return[/quote]

Really it sounded and looked terrible! Many in the Shed will disagree with you.

So you told your sister in law, not to go to the sing lee van cause it wasnt nice. She went and got some and then wasnt impressed when it was not nice!

I had a curry chip and it was lovely Friday

transitvan74
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby transitvan74 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:30 am

had a curry chip and it was lovely,thats good .dont pass any remarks to the other4000.maybe thats to your taste but lets call a sword a sword its overpriced muck

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:48 pm

transitvan74 wrote:had a curry chip and it was lovely,thats good .dont pass any remarks to the other4000.maybe thats to your taste but lets call a sword a sword its overpriced muck

Its the Sing Lee van, dont like it dont get it. (agree on prices)

have you been onto the club about an upgrade on food and beverages?

Return to “General Discussion”