Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 23 Feb | 8pm | Tallaght

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 23 Feb | 8pm | Tallaght

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:04 am

Both Massey and Jarvis have been decent so far, and I would have no concerns about either being selected for the left back position. The competition for that position can only benefit the team.

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Not suggesting Massey will be dropped, but anyone notice Shields having a right go at him on soccer rep the other night, for losing the ball towards the end, which resulted in a decent save by Rogers with his legs?

Jarvis did well, but Massey to be fair was playing out of position in centre defence, I think SK mentioned we had 3 left footers in the back 4 !

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:00 pm

mike wrote: I think SK mentioned we had 3 left footers in the back 4 !

Any difference to having 3 right footed players in the back 4, for 4 years when Andy Boyle was here.? Was SK offering this up as some sort of excuse, I didn't see the interview.?

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Both Massey and Jarvis have been decent so far, and I would have no concerns about either being selected for the left back position. The competition for that position can only benefit the team.

I think either could do a job in left midfield also especially in Europe against a team where we would need do defend from the front
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:50 am

Neil "Mr Bean" Doyle is the ref in Tallaght

Can anyone recall the penalty he gave for Rovers where he initially signaled a free kick outside the box?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:50 pm

Team news

Dundalk will be without the injured Stephen O’Donnell who is recovering from a calf problem however he isn’t too far away from a return. John Mountney remains out with a knee injury and Sean Hoare has a hamstring injury which will rules him out also. Brian Gartland and Karolis Chvedukas returned to training this week and may be considered for selection following the flu. New signing Marco Tagbajumi is available for selection after training with the squad on Thursday morning.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-s ... -rovers-5/

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:11 pm

So just both our first choice central defenders and possibly our first choice central midfielders look like missing out.

Finn could have a field day. Christ.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:07 pm

I'm going for 2-2 draw

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:34 am

Dundalk to win 4-0

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:37 am

Anyone want to have a go at the predicted line up for tonight?

………………………………Rogers…………

Gannon……………Gartlan? …………Folan…………Massey

……………………………Shields………Benson……

Right Side?? …………..Murray (poss dropping back to no 10)……… Duffy……………

………………………………………Striker ? ………………

So many positions up for grabs, Jarvis might be close, Adjoran might start, Chevedukas maybe a week too early? Then the striker, possibly the hardest choice to make. If he is going with fitness, he might continue with Murray up top.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:40 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Stephen Kenny claims Shamrock Rovers tried hard to lure two Dundalk defenders to Tallaght
The Dundalk boss revealed the Hoops were also keen to lure centre-back Brian Gartland to Tallaght

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer ... ar_twitter

I'm not so sure that the article and Bradley quotes reflect the headline! Seems like fair comment to me

Bradley stokes fire over Gannon move

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 34772.html

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:51 am

The Irish Times is a bit more measured calling it "a mild-mannered war of words"

Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk gear up for ‘tasty old tie’
Tallaght encounter offers both clubs chance to bounce back while First Division kicks off

With a point between them after one game and the managers apparently engaged in a mild-mannered war of words, Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk has the potential to be “a tasty old tie”, according to Rovers’ midfielder Greg Bolger.

Bolger, who previously had a spell at Dundalk, spoke yesterday of the added sense of expectation that comes with being at Rovers and Stephen Bradley will know all about that in the wake of last week’s defeat by arch-rivals Bohemians. It is, he insists, way too early to talk about added pressure but clearly both he and former boss Stephen Kenny have that little bit more on the line.

Kenny suggested last week that his rival had “thrown the kitchen sink” at Seán Gannon in their efforts to tempt him to Tallaght but the full-back stayed at Oriel Park. Bradley laughed at it all yesterday, remarking that: “If we threw the sink, they must have thrown the rest of a big kitchen.

“When good players make an approach to you to talk to them, you talk to them; it’s as simple as that,” Bradley continued, making it clear, in the process, that he saw Gannon as the one who instigated the conversation. “But can we match Dundalk and Cork financially? No. That’s as simple as it is.”

Ronan Finn faces a late test on a calf strain ahead of this evening’s game while Trevor Clarke is suspended but Seán Kavanagh could make his debut if his international clearance comes through. Stephen O’Donnell, John Mountney and Seán Hoare miss out for the visitors but Karolis Chvedukas and Brian Gartland could feature after recovering from the flu.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer ... -1.3402492

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:34 pm

El Paso wrote:So just both our first choice central defenders and possibly our first choice central midfielders look like missing out.

Finn could have a field day. Christ.

Finn is facing a late fitness test tonight, hopefully he fails it!!
King Kenny!

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:26 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
mike wrote: I think SK mentioned we had 3 left footers in the back 4 !

Any difference to having 3 right footed players in the back 4, for 4 years when Andy Boyle was here.? Was SK offering this up as some sort of excuse, I didn't see the interview.?

He just said it wasnt ideal.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 23 Feb | 8pm | Tallaght

Postby Sneachta » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Stephen Kenny claims Shamrock Rovers tried hard to lure two Dundalk defenders to Tallaght
The Dundalk boss revealed the Hoops were also keen to lure centre-back Brian Gartland to Tallaght

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer ... ar_twitter

I'm not so sure that the article and Bradley quotes reflect the headline! Seems like fair comment to me

Bradley stokes fire over Gannon move

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 34772.html
Fair comment from Bradley or Kenny? Either way, it just shows that Gannon sniffed out money after seeing what Finn got (I have no doubt Finn was like a flea in his ear trying to get him to rovers) as opposed to Gannon seeking out rovers. It also proves money trumps loyalty in any job. Which you can't argue with I suppose but the grass is always greener etc etc.

I would love to know what it's like to be in a profession whereby you can command a salary. As a public servant, I wouldn't know what that aspect of a job interview with be like.

Anyway, can we question Gannon's commitment as we now know that money makes him get up the M1 in the morning? Is he liable to strop at some stage if things don't go our way? Or will he remain professional? Am I talking dung? Gannon owes us nothing I feel. He's been a great servant. I just hate when we look petty and stupid in papers over BS.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”