Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 23 Feb | 8pm | Tallaght

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 23 Feb | 8pm | Tallaght

Postby paul1 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:30 am

Fully agree with you, maybe chevdukas is not fully fit or something because I thought he was very good pre season and covers a serious amount of ground.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 23 Feb | 8pm | Tallaght

Postby Sneachta » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:11 am

White Horse wrote:I thought it was a far better performance tonight. The defence were solid, and Cleary looks like a really good signing.

After having a stinker last week, Chris Shields was back to his best tonight.

Hoban battled well and got a lot of knocks downs but no one was close enough to him to capitalise.

The problem was the "creative" unit of Benson/McGrath/Murray/Duffy. They are not knitting together and creating the patterns and combinations needed to open up defences.

However, I am confident this will develop.

I am as frustrated with Connolly as anyone but give the lad a break. He is not the player we all thought he was. He is trying hard but everything is going wrong for him. He won't get better if fans get on his back.

Its too early to form any views of Marco. My first impression is that he is not a lone striker, so I'm not sure where Kenny intends playing him. Adjorjan got very little time but he was still finding pockets of space all the time. He is a clever player.
I certainly defended him recently after comments about his performance against Cork and peoples behaviour. But let's be real.. He's been with us long enough and we have seen enough of him to make informed judgement on his ability. The results are in......and it ain't good. I'm certainly not one of those supporters who shouts expletives at players. But as a supporter, one has the right to show constructive displeasure.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:58 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Says a lot if chevdukas can't get ahead of those 14 who plated tonight.

I thought it was well known that Chvedukas and Gartland were affected by flu over the last couple of weeks
This from yesterdays Mirror

Meanwhile, Benson has revealed he was the source of the virus that ripped through the squad in the last fortnight.

Lithuanian international Karolis Chvedukas was the worst hit while Krisztian Adorjan and Brian Gartland were also knocked for six.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer ... g-12064657

Even before he was hit with the flu, he acknowledged that he was behind the others in terms of general fitness, - it is remarkable that he made the bench last night in the circumstances
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:08 am

Defensively from No1 to No6 we were fine last night, with Daniel Cleary having an exceptional debut.

As already said we were lacking in our creativity and attacking.

In the search for positives, as fitness improves for certain key players - Hoban, Benson and Adorjan in particular have had their pre-season badly disrupted - it is reasonable to expect big improvements.

Ronan Murray has not had a big impact in the opening league games, but he has shown enough last season and in pre-season for it to be clear that he is a quality player - he will come good as he and the team settles.

There is also room for optimism about Skip returning in the weeks ahead and the hope that Chvedukas can have a big influence on the team.

Three points on Tuesday would change the mood
Last edited by Ezeikial on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lilywhite66 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:08 am

It may have been a better performance from the bray game but we are seventh postion with no goals,limerick could be potentially coming to oriel on tuesday joint top with there tails up we need to win this game. SK attempt to have a dig a rovers probably made them play better than they really are its definitely a poor start we should be up there with cork but 10 new signings is unlike SK I wonder if the latter new signings are his or have the new owners had a say.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:17 am

Ezeikial wrote:Defensively from No1 to No6 we were fine last night, with Daniel Cleary having an exceptional debut.

As already said we were lacking in our creativity and attacking.

In the search for positives, as fitness improves for certain key players - Hoban, Benson and Adorjan in particular have had their pre-season badly disrupted - it is reasonable to expect big improvements.

Ronan Murray has not had a big impact in the opening league games, but he has shown enough last season and in pre-season for it to be clear that he is a quality player - he will come good as he and the team settles.

There is also room for optimism about Skip returning in the weeks ahead and the hope that Chvedukas can have a big influence on the team.

Three points on Tuesday would change the mood
Yeah, I thought cleary was very comfortable and accomplished.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:18 am

lilywhite66 wrote:It may have been a better performance from the bray game but we are seventh postion with no goals,limerick could be potentially coming to oriel on tuesday joint top with there tails up we need to win this game. SK attempt to have a dig a rovers probably made them play better than they really are its definitely a poor start we should be up there with cork but 10 new signings is unlike SK I wonder if the latter new signings are his or have the new owners had a say.
Well he pretty much signed a whole new team in 2013 bar 3 or 4 players

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:20 am

Sneachta wrote:
lilywhite66 wrote:It may have been a better performance from the bray game but we are seventh postion with no goals,limerick could be potentially coming to oriel on tuesday joint top with there tails up we need to win this game. SK attempt to have a dig a rovers probably made them play better than they really are its definitely a poor start we should be up there with cork but 10 new signings is unlike SK I wonder if the latter new signings are his or have the new owners had a say.
Well he pretty much signed a whole new team in 2013 bar 3 or 4 players

And the 2013 team also took time to gel

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:29 am

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:30 am

A definitely better show last night than last week. In first half we had all the play but just couldn't finish up front, to be fair, Rovers back 4 were steadfast throughout. Very impressed with Cleary, in fact seemed to command the central defence. Shields was MOTM for me, a great performance, more please. Marco, when on looked the business & once he settles we will see great things from him. Would have liked to see more from Benson & MC Grath but unfortunately this didn't happen. I don't like to criticise but Connolly, another poor showing.

As said before, it's work in progress & we must be patient, there were signs of improvement last night & given time it will all come together however, a win on Tuesday is now a must.

Finally, brilliant support from Dundalk last night, caught security on the hop with our numbers. Pity we don't have this level of support at all away games....

C'MON THE TOWN:

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:36 am

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:36 am

I'm not going to panic, yet. We're about 70% there with good ball retention and solid at the back but just no cutting edge up front. We've been here before over past few seasons where we start sluggish and come good so I'm confident we will do it again when we get missing players back and the new players up to speed.

Great to see Shields back to his best after a few ropey performances and Cleary looks like a fantastic signing. Won everything in the air.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:39 am

Gavin McLaughlin interview with Daniel Cleary

https://soundcloud.com/dundalk_sport

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 am

A little comedy sketch from Stephen Bradley as he starts by pondering if a draw was a fair result

https://soundcloud.com/shamrock-rovers-f-c

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:01 am

Marco Tagbajumi in a video interview with Gavin McLaughlin reveals that his last game was in early December - another player that can improve as he reaches match fitness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GPmY0z ... e=youtu.be

Return to “General Discussion”