Dundalk V Cork City | Fri 9 Mar | 8pm | Oriel Park

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V Cork City | Fri 9 Mar | 8pm | Oriel Park

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:32 am

White Horse wrote:
I was surprised at Cummins. He hardly got a touch of the ball. Is he that poor or were Cleary and Hoare that good?

Cleary and Hoare were outstanding. They celebrated tackles and interceptions like Italian defenders do.
Sometimes you see players and you instantly recognise that they are way above LOI level. Cleary is one of those.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:02 pm

John Caulfield displays total delusion in his post-match interview complaining about the pressure and intimidation on the referee from Dundalk bench and players

https://soundcloud.com/corkcityfc/john- ... march-2018
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:09 pm

In stark contrast to John Caulfield, Stephen Kenny gives typically measured responses in his post match interview with Gerry Malone

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/144 ... 2fa7d68808
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:15 pm

The man is a clown. Intimidation? So what does he call his constant being in the ear of the 4th official at every game Then? And should dundalk fans roundly applaud McNulty? He put the marker down and the target on his back himself. I respect all fans and players of all teams but I loudly jeer and boo McNulty every time he gets the ball. He is a classless person. And caulfield simply can't accept being beaten by a better team and manager who out Thought, out played out fought and out classed cork last night.
Are the rumours on social media true about cork fans having glasses and bottles thrown at them from the smoking area of the bar?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Brilliant performance. Great spectacle and atmosphere.

Nothing compares to live football when you have nights like that - Tribal warfare!

Agree with you 100%. I had a very pleasant drive home to North Wexford last night!
I would just like to comment on McNulty: He is a buffoon but an excellent goalkeeper. He saved Cork from severe embarrassment last night.
The Back of the Wall

Rebel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rebel » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:00 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Are the rumours on social media true about cork fans having glasses and bottles thrown at them from the smoking area of the bar?

Yes it is true. The fact none of ye are even bothering to acknowledge it is laughable. The club are planning on lodging complaints with both the Gardai and the FAI.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Rebel wrote:
niall_hearty2000 wrote:Are the rumours on social media true about cork fans having glasses and bottles thrown at them from the smoking area of the bar?

Yes it is true. The fact none of ye are even bothering to acknowledge it is laughable. The club are planning on lodging complaints with both the Gardai and the FAI.

Excuse me??

I said there are no excuses to be made if this happened.

You'll find Dundalk fans condemn thuggery of type contained in the allegation.

There is a reluctance to believe Cork fans they are serial whingers, particularly when beaten. But that is a different issue.

if this event occurred, I hope those who saw it reported it to the Gardai and that those responsible will be prosecuted. The club should also take action and ban those responsible if it was caught on CCTV or spotted by stewards.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:30 pm

The question has been asked obviously by people not there, the incident not denied here so who exactly do you need to acknowedge it?

Why would a smoking area that is part of the away section on match night, be opened to local supporters while away fans are still being held back?? If it were Shamrock Rovers they'd have waltzed in the to the Lillywhite Lounge. Maybe someone thoughtt it would be a low risk issue with Cork fans not suspecting our own would take the chance to be an embaressment t the club. Who opened the smoking area to home fans too early needs a good talking to....

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Dell they don't need a good talking to. They need to be told their services are no longer required. We are a top class quality side with laughable security and dilapidated stadium. I saw a guy buying 3 cans of beer last night in the spar outside oriel and stuffing them inside his coat and away to oriel he went.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:07 pm

Gavin's interview with Pat Hoban

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmuoqkH ... e=youtu.be

When you consider that Pat is still building his fitness, the potential is massive. With Marco Taglajumi and Sam Byrne also putting the pressure on the outlook is really optimistic

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Stephen Kenny repeating his mantra on earning the right to win matches

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/03 ... n-matches/

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Ezeikial wrote:John Caulfield displays total delusion in his post-match interview complaining about the pressure and intimidation on the referee from Dundalk bench and players

https://soundcloud.com/corkcityfc/john- ... march-2018

Is that a regular thing that the 4th official would give a management team a heads up that a player is one tackle away from being sent off? Seems a bit unfair to the opposing team, but if it's a regular thing then maybe it's not a problem.
King Kenny!

GSBellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby GSBellew » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Rebel wrote:

Impossible to acknowledge something I didn't witness, I did hang around in the stand for several minutes & didn't see or hear anything, but I wasn't in a position to view the away section.

On my way out walking towards town however I was passed by a Garda car heading out the Carrick road, which then put its lights on & was joined by a Garda van, both headed for the away entrance, presumed it was for crowd control, but may have been a response to the above.

Disgraceful & inexcusable if this happened, those involved should never set foot in Oriel again.

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Firstly, disgusting behaviour by so called Dundalk fans attacking Cork fans, hang your heads in shame. These fools have no place in Oriel Park.

On last nights game, what a fantastic performance & result however, it counts for nothing unless it's backed up with a victory against Pat's on Monday night. You again have to hand it to Stephen Kenny & his staff, I for one, when I heard the team, I didn't think it was good enough to beat Cork & of all the pre match permutations, I don't think anyone came up with what was lined out, you just can't read Stephen Kenny's mind but he knew it was good enough & that's all that Matters.

C'MON THE TOWN:

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:07 pm

Townfan7 wrote:Firstly, disgusting behaviour by so called Dundalk fans attacking Cork fans, hang your heads in shame. These fools have no place in Oriel Park.

Do you know that this actually happened?

Return to “General Discussion”