St Patricks Ath V Dundalk | Mon 12 Mar | 7:45pm | Richmond Pk

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

St Patricks Ath V Dundalk | Mon 12 Mar | 7:45pm | Richmond Pk

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 am

This match can't come quick enough on the back of the brilliant performance against Cork.

Pats had a very decent win away to Bohs and are sitting only 2 points behind us - they will be going into this match with plenty of confidence and knowing that a win on Monday night would really give their season momentum.

It will be fascinating to see what team SK selects - common wisdom says that rotating the squad makes sense in a busy period, yet SK tends to be reluctant to change a winning team.

I think Chvedukas should start, maybe in place of Benson, but I would make few other changes. Thoughts? Should SK rotate or not?

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: St Patricks Ath V Dundalk | Mon 12 Mar | 7:45pm | Richmond Pk

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:40 pm

What are the opinions on Chevdukas’ tackle that caused the melee ? I didnt see it but saw him standing over the cork player giving him an earful. Red card or Roy Keanesque tough midfield play ?

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:45 pm

He absolutely done him. And got up and stood over the cork player like Roy Keane did when he goosed Alf Inge Haaland.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:What are the opinions on Chevdukas’ tackle that caused the melee ? I didnt see it but saw him standing over the cork player giving him an earful. Red card or Roy Keanesque tough midfield play ?

He was fortunate not to get a red card. Cork were unsporting in not putting the ball out - but that is their right.

I like his energy and willingness to get stuck in. He was obviously aware of the threat with Gannon down injured and felt he needed to stop play - he went overboard with the aggression in the foul and could have cost the team as a result
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:52 pm

Nonsense. Never a red. A definite yellow. The cork lad on the ground was stood on TWICE, by his own men in the melee. Referee had no control of the game.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 0rl » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:22 am

Has anyone a link to footage of the incident or the full match? It was the far side f the pitch to us so couldnt tell how bad the tackle was. I think it was the afters that made it look worse.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:50 am

You could follow eir on Twitter and trawl back through their tweets of the game or wait till Monday. Was right in front of us in the stand. He lost control of tackle but was late with no dangerous contact. He was pumped and you could see it coming. Never a red. Ref was useless. He should've had a quiet word after the first collision to avoid that happening.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: St Patricks Ath V Dundalk | Mon 12 Mar | 7:45pm | Richmond Pk

Postby 0rl » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:39 am

Sneachta wrote:You could follow eir on Twitter and trawl back through their tweets of the game or wait till Monday. Was right in front of us in the stand. He lost control of tackle but was late with no dangerous contact. He was pumped and you could see it coming. Never a red. Ref was useless. He should've had a quiet word after the first collision to avoid that happening.

Thanks Sneachta. I did have a look at the Eir tweets but I didn't see this incident. I'll have another look at it now so for it. Thanks.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:30 am

Sneachta wrote:Nonsense. Never a red. A definite yellow. The cork lad on the ground was stood on TWICE, by his own men in the melee. Referee had no control of the game.

A definite yellow, but never a red, yet it is nonsense to suggest that he was fortunate not to be sent off, even though you thought the ref had no control? Do you see the irony of all that?

I would like to see it again, but my reaction at the time was that it was a premeditated lunge at the Cork player intended to stop the game. That type of foul where the player goes off his feet often attracts a red card. My point is that he was fortunate to escape with a yellow, not that it deserved red.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:46 am

Saw again last night as I sky +ed the game. He lunged in and got nowhere near the ball. It looked like a red to me and since it’s the LOI I’m very surprised it wasn’t. Somebody will have to get into Chevdukas’ ear and tell him that the refs here are useless and normal tough tackles will be given reds easily.
He looks skillful, has energy and likes a tackle but I hope he doesn’t turn out to be Mental Mickey Mark 2...

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Sneachta wrote:Nonsense. Never a red. A definite yellow. The cork lad on the ground was stood on TWICE, by his own men in the melee. Referee had no control of the game.

A definite yellow, but never a red, yet it is nonsense to suggest that he was fortunate not to be sent off, even though you thought the ref had no control? Do you see the irony of all that?

I would like to see it again, but my reaction at the time was that it was a premeditated lunge at the Cork player intended to stop the game. That type of foul where the player goes off his feet often attracts a red card. My point is that he was fortunate to escape with a yellow, not that it deserved red.
Where did I say he was fortunate not to be sent off?

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:

Where did I say he was fortunate not to be sent off?

Please read it again - I didn't suggest you said that at all

In a previous post I said that he was fortunate not to be sent off and you replied "nonsense"

Whether he was fortunate or not around that incident he is available for selection on Monday against St Pats. I hope he starts - Garvan and Brennan give them a bit of bite in midfield.

bholg
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bholg » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:.... hope he doesn’t turn out to be Mental Mickey Mark 2...

Heh heh.. good ol' mental Mickey.. when he wasn't suspended/injured (Probably about 3 games in total), he was fairly effective cos everyone within a 20 yard radius was scared sh1tless.

Fond(ish) memories.

Think Karolis will be good.. No harm to fire the odd hand grenade into midfield where required. He's very quick and full o' beans..
Last edited by bholg on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:38 pm

No clues to team selection provided in the website preview

Team news

John Mountney remains the only absentee for Dundalk as he recovers from his medial knee operation however he is nearing a return.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-s ... thletic-5/

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:09 pm

I would like to see Chevdukas start, if for other reason it might calm him down.

The lad is chomping at the bit.

Return to “General Discussion”