Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 6 Apr | 7:30pm | Oriel Pk

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: RE: Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 6 Apr | 7:30pm | Oriel Pk

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:51 am

Sneachta wrote: He can count himself unlucky to have been dropped. He had done absolutely nothing wrong. But neither did good replacement Kristian. It's such an exciting squad of players.

Does anyone know for sure if Ronan Murray was injured or dropped?

The fact that he was not on the bench against Bohs prompted me to assume he was injured.

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 6 Apr | 7:30pm | Oriel Pk

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:02 am

Shamrock Rovers skipper Ronan Finn is confident his side can crack the Oriel Park code when they take on Dundalk this Friday

RONAN FINN admits it is still Dundalk’s attack that he thinks about first rather than their record-breaking defence.

But that is because he is certain his Shamrock Rovers side have the weapons to end the Lilywhites’ 12-hour defensive stand when they visit Oriel Park on Friday.

More at
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/23 ... is-friday/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 6 Apr | 7:30pm | Oriel Pk

Postby Sneachta » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:24 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Sneachta wrote: He can count himself unlucky to have been dropped. He had done absolutely nothing wrong. But neither did good replacement Kristian. It's such an exciting squad of players.

Does anyone know for sure if Ronan Murray was injured or dropped?

The fact that he was not on the bench against Bohs prompted me to assume he was injured.
Actually yes I think he might have been injured. What I should have said he could count himself unfortunate to be taken off in some of the games. He does seem to gas out and after 70/75 and Kenny's tinkering and changes have proven successful. Who am I to contest?!?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:13 pm

mike wrote:Did SK not indicate that Rogers would be out for a number of weeks after the Bohs game?

That may have been his immediate reaction, but this is what Gary Rogers said to Gavin McLaughlin after the Bohs match

“It’s hard to know how bad it is,” he said. “At the minute it’s quite sore but I’ve always been a quick healer which is probably why I’ve played so many games.

“I’m hoping that it settles down quickly. I’ll obviously not be available for the EA Sports Cup game on Monday but I’ll get as much treatment on it as I can during the week and hopefully it won’t be too long.

While Team News reported on the DFC website is not particularly reliable, it might give some clues to the situation with Gary Rogers,Sean Hoare and Ronan Murray

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:43 pm

James Rogers on Twitter

Dundalk have a few injury problems for tomorrow's game with Shamrock Rovers. Gary Rogers (calf), Karolis Chvedukas (ankle) and Brian Gartland (tonsillitis) all out but Ronan Murray and Sean Hoare set to return after respective knocks

https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 5170724872

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:55 pm

---------------------Sava------------------
Gannon----Cleary----Hoare----Massey
----------O'Donnell-------Benson-------
McGrath---------Murray----------Duffy
--------------------Hoban-----------------

The 3 big calls
1) Folan or Hoare
- It would be disheartening and maybe even demotivating for Stephen Folan to be left out, but Sean Hoare is the better defender. It is up to SK to be able to manage the disappointment for for Stephen Folan. Some might say the only way to manage this is to select him in the team!
2) Shields or O'Donnell
- It would be hard on Chris Shields to drop to the bench, but I think that Skip is likely to be more effective in this match
3) Adorjan or Murray
- This is a really difficult call. Kristzian Adorjan did really well against Bohs, but Ronan Murray is more of a goal scoring threat, even if we have not seen enough evidence of that

Our team will be strong no matter what SK decides here - I would prefer he makes all 3 changes, I expect SK to make none of them and to start with Folan, Shields and Adorjan.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Shamrock Rovers website Team News

Team News ahead of Friday’s game away v Dundalk:

Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers
SSE Airtricity League Premier Division
Oriel Park
Friday April 6th 2018. Kick off 7.30pm

Speaking ahead of the game, Hoops Head Coach Stephen Bradley said:

“We were disappointed that the League Cup game on Monday was called off. Obviously we’d planned and trained for it. We were ready to go and it would have got valuable game time into certain players as well. You could see in training that those players had that little edge because they were waiting to play, a few of them hadn’t played in a few weeks and they wanted a game but what can you do. This month coming up we’ve a lot of games on Fridays and Mondays where we can use the squad and change it around.

We’ve done OK in the first round of games, we’re frustrated that we didn’t get points in certain games but it’s a decent start. I think Friday will be no different to last year at Oriel Park, a tight game. They’re a good side and so are we. They haven’t conceded a goal and obviously we can change that tomorrow. We just have to play to our levels. If we do that we’re good enough to create chances against any team in the league. I think we’ve shown that in the league this year against every team.

Looking at the performances home and away, more times than not they’ve been good but we’ve got to turn the away performances into points. There’s no point in coming away saying we did well, this happened and that happened. We’ll be looking to put that right in this round of games. Sean Boyd and Joey O’Brien are still out but other than that we’re fine. Ally Gilchrist is back from suspension. Whether it’s been him or Pico Lopes with Lee Grace they’ve done well so both are good options.”

https://shamrockrovers.ie/2018/04/05/te ... 6-04-2018/

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Website confirmation that Ronan Murray had an ankle injury last week

Team news

Manager Kenny has no suspension worries however we will be without the services of goalkeeper Gary Rogers who has a torn calf muscle after picking up the injury at home to Bohs last Friday. Karolis Chvedukas has an ankle injury and Brian Gartland is recovering from Tonsillitis. Sean Hoare and Ronan Murray both come back into the squad after missing last week with groin and ankle injuries respectively.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-s ... -rovers-6/

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:59 am

I'd go Hoare, Shields, Murray in those three spaces.
I reckon the clean sheets record won't last the night but we have more than enough to outplay and outscore Rovers

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:29 am

I think I'd agree with above, but again very tough on Folan if this is the case, but I just think there is something extra about Hoare and maybe on the ground, its marginal but he does offer that little bit tighter marking / cover, but Folan is a more than a decent back up.

I don't see him starting O'Donnell, and I think Murray has a little more steel about him for this type of match.

One thing for sure, its never a given to predict the full xi in any week, maybe you might get 9 or 10 but SK can spring the odd surprise so who knows what his thinking is.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Shamrock Rovers line-up last week

-------------------------Kevin Horgan-------------------------
Ethan Boyle---Lee Grace---Roberto Lopez---Luke Byrne
---------------Greg Bolger----------Ronan Finn--------------
Joel Coustrain--------Graham Burke-------Sean Kavanagh
----------------------------Daniel Carr-------------------------

Brandon Miele likely to come in for Joel Coustrain
Ally Gilchrist is back from suspension and could replace Lopez at centre back or Byrne at left back
Graham Shaw may replace Carr in attack

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:48 pm

MCGRATH READY FOR ROVERS TEST

“There’s that bit of a rivalry between us now and there’s going to be an edge to the game. It’s one to look forward to. It won’t be easy, we know that but we are looking forward to it and hopefully we can get the victory.”

http://www.dundalkfc.com/mcgrath-ready-rovers-test/

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby paul1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:01 pm

Am out of the country what would be the best link to watch the game , would it be that skorlive??

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Paul isn't it live on rte. So try rte player
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Or mobdro on Ur phone will definitely have rte on it
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Return to “General Discussion”