An observation of sport lately

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

An observation of sport lately

Postby Sneachta » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:30 am

With the recent media attention of sports people (behaviour of Ulster rugby players, recent media post of Malone rugby players, Conor McGregor etc), Ewan McKenna asked the questions/makes the statement, why should we ever hold sports stars in high regard as role models.

Looking at Dundalk and since Stephen Kenny has taken over, the bahaviour and personalism of the club has been second to none. They have instilled a passion, pride and belief in the young people of Dundalk and the reinvigorated joy in us older followers. If that's not one reason of possibly many to be a sports role model, I don't know what is.

Just a brief observation.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: An observation of sport lately

Postby colymull » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:21 pm

My wife and 2 sons bumped into Stephen Kenny up town during the week, my youngest who is a big football fan was in awe and couldn’t believe that the manager of his favourite team took time talking to him and getting his picture taken with him. What impressed me most about SK was that he spent as much time talking to my other son who has zero interest in football, asking him what he does like and asking him questions about that.
It may not be much, but Stephen could have very easily just posed for a picture and gone about his day and everyone would’ve been happy but he stood and talked to the boys for a couple of minutes and they haven’t stopped talking about it since!!
The club really has brought a new vigor and pride back to the town and they really should be commended for it. It’s true what Kenny says about a women he met who told him that “the team has done more for the Town than any factory ever would”
King Kenny!

Return to “General Discussion”