Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 13 Apr | 7:45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 13 Apr | 7:45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:36 pm

oldfogey wrote:
Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
White Horse wrote:We lost control of the game when Adorjan went off at half time. I thought Gary McCabe ran the midfield in the second half and almost scored the goal of the season.

We can't seem to win control of possession, particularly in the second half of games.

Interesting to read this. I think we play better when either Adjoran or SOD play. They have the skill and wherewithal to control and dictate the game. I’m not saying they are Xabi or Pirlo but they look for the ball control the tempo and usually pick the right pass.
Any word on why Adjoran was subbed at HT?

He shipped a knock to the side of the head in a very hefty challenge in the first half. Danny did a quick HIA on the sideline and he went back on. I believe it was reassessed at half-time and a decision made to take him off. What I don't understand is the McGrath - O'Donnell change being overriden on the field after it was announced and the board shown. Anyone shed any light?

The Kristzian Adorjan head injury is confirmed by John Mountney, who came on for him at half time, in his post match interview with Gerry Malone

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:42 pm

Stephen Kenny post match with Gerry Malone

https://audioboom.com/posts/6804770-stephen-kenny
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Caoimhin Reilly for the Demo suggesting that Adorjan will be out for Tuesday

Stephen Kenny feels Dundalk's game against Bray was 'probably' their toughest this season
THE LILYWHITES WENT CLEAR AT THE TOP OF THE TABLE AFTER THE 2-0 VICTORY

Dundalk FC manager Stephen Kenny felt Friday night's game against Bray Wanderers was his team's toughest of the campaign to date.

Goals in either half from Patrick Hoban and John Mountney sealed a seventh win of the season as The Lilywhites maintained their unbeaten start against the basement dwellers.

However, for long spells, Dundalk had to repel Bray's advances with 'keeper Gabriel Sava on hand to prevent the Wicklow side on three notable occasions.

"We're delighted with the win," Kenny said afterwards.

"It was hard fought, probably the toughest we have had all season. It was a difficult pitch tonight and we had to fight for the right to win the game (because) Bray were very motivated.

"(The goals were) two great strikes from Pat Hoban and John Mountney. It's an important three points (because) we have a quick turnover of games."

While complimentary of the performance of Sava, Kenny confirmed that Gary Rogers is "not too far away" from a return from the calf injury sustained in the win over Bohemians a fortnight ago. The Meath man again went through a rigorous pre-match routine with goalkeeping coach Steve Williams last night despite not being named in the 18-man squad.

Krisztián Adorján has also emerged as an injury concern having clashed with Bray's Kevin Lynch in the early moments and, after receiving treatment, the Hungarian was replaced at half-time with a suspected concussion. He is now expected to miss Tuesday's match in Limerick.

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/nat ... d4.twitter

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Wexford White » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:06 pm

If I am to believe everything I hear in the shed (and why wouldn't I?) then the referee is intellectually challenged, is visually impaired and for sexual gratification prefers the self service option.
However, last Monday I saw a refereering decision that went unnoticed. Kristjan Adorjan had taken a knock and, although he was on his feet the referee kept looking at him. Adjoran seemed to indicate that he was OK but the ref seemed to think otherwise and called for medical assistance. Adjoran played on but was subbed for the second half.
My point? This was excellent refereeing. The most important function of the referee is the safety of the players. Well done, Sean Grant.
The Back of the Wall

Return to “General Discussion”