Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 13 Apr | 7:45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Vending10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 13 Apr | 7:45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby Vending10 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:53 pm

Phew!! Hard nights work. 3 points and we move on .

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:46 pm

Doesn't our whole game change when Stephen O'Donnell comes on?
The Back of the Wall

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:46 pm

Bray were the better team for big parts of this match.

They will feel that they should have won. Score line certainly did not reflect what happened on the pitch
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Wexford White wrote:Doesn't our whole game change when Stephen O'Donnell comes on?

The game was crying out for him to dictate and calm the match in the second half. It's hard to understand why SK waited until 85 minutes to put him on
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Wouldn't say bray should have won bit they could easily have got a point... we had 1 effort in each half and took them. What a fantastic effort from Gary McCabe, must have been 50 yards out.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:02 am

Hard earned win, not the best of displays but we move on. Good win and very happy with the 3 points.

I get the point on SK and changes but there is a ridiculous amount of games coming up, 4 more league games in April, I still think we will see a rotation of starters in the next few games.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:05 am

We lost control of the game when Adorjan went off at half time. I thought Gary McCabe ran the midfield in the second half and almost scored the goal of the season.

We can't seem to win control of possession, particularly in the second half of games.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:12 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Wouldn't say bray should have won bit they could easily have got a point... we had 1 effort in each half and took them. What a fantastic effort from Gary McCabe, must have been 50 yards out.

Bray had the majority of possession, a lot more shots on goal and far more goal-scoring chances. It was an outstanding performance by Bray other than the critical parts of scoring!

It was a brilliant result from our perspective, but a far from convincing performance.

Many Bray supporters around me felt that they should have won the game and they have a valid case to be disappointed in my opinion

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:37 am

I think it’s a bit odd that Kenny called out the second string’s fitness when he gives them no game time and seems so reluctant to make changes (except Murray who he seems to have lost faith in a wee bit already).

We’re still not playing great but at this point last year we had lost three and were about to lose two more. So have to be upbeat. When/if we click we’ll be formidable.

You would notice that the front five have not all played well in unison yet unless Limerick counts. A couple of them always seem off their game, which puts pressure on midfield and allows for more opposition chances to be created than otherwise should be.

I still think Benson and the three attacking midfielders are not working hard enough consistently enough. Just in patches. Can’t keep bringing up ex players but imagine they all had Towell’s work ethic? We’d be steamrolling teams.
Last edited by El Paso on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:39 am

Dug that win out no doubt. Bray may well feel disappointed at getting nothing from the game, they do seem to be our bogie team in recent seasons like Monaghan Utd of old.

Credit to Sava for his save on the MC Cabe effort, I thought it was going in but Sava was near caught off his line but as said did well to save his blushes.

The important aspect of tonight's game was winning which was done & as said in earlier posts, we move on. I don't think we will play this poorly & win but isn't that a sign of a good team...

C'MON THE TOWN:

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:36 am

White Horse wrote:We lost control of the game when Adorjan went off at half time. I thought Gary McCabe ran the midfield in the second half and almost scored the goal of the season.

We can't seem to win control of possession, particularly in the second half of games.

Interesting to read this. I think we play better when either Adjoran or SOD play. They have the skill and wherewithal to control and dictate the game. I’m not saying they are Xabi or Pirlo but they look for the ball control the tempo and usually pick the right pass.
Any word on why Adjoran was subbed at HT?

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:51 am

Kyle Hoban gets a Gerard Malone:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6804768-pat-hoban

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:55 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
White Horse wrote:We lost control of the game when Adorjan went off at half time. I thought Gary McCabe ran the midfield in the second half and almost scored the goal of the season.

Interesting to read this. I think we play better when either Adjoran or SOD play. They have the skill and wherewithal to control and dictate the game. I’m not saying they are Xabi or Pirlo but they look for the ball control the tempo and usually pick the right pass.
Any word on why Adjoran was subbed at HT?

He shipped a knock to the side of the head in a very hefty challenge in the first half. Danny did a quick HIA on the sideline and he went back on. I believe it was reassessed at half-time and a decision made to take him off. What I don't understand is the McGrath - O'Donnell change being overriden on the field after it was announced and the board shown. Anyone shed any light?

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:11 pm

oldfogey wrote:What I don't understand is the McGrath - O'Donnell change being overriden on the field after it was announced and the board shown. Anyone shed any light?

It was the last substitution and as it was being made, Gannon indicated to the bench that he might not be able to continue. I think I saw Jarvis been sent out to warm up at that point. Gannon must have run off the knock and then the substitution was made.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:32 pm

John Mountney endures some interviewer adulation and realises there is a price to be paid for scoring a comeback goal

https://audioboom.com/posts/6804760-john-mountney

Return to “General Discussion”