Waterford V Dundalk | Fri 4 May | 7.45pm | RSC

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Waterford V Dundalk | Fri 4 May | 7.45pm | RSC

Postby Ezeikial » Tue May 01, 2018 8:44 am

Another really big challenge on Friday night to a Waterford team who are unbeaten at home and have won 6 of their 7 matches at the RSC. Sitting 3 points behind us they will see this as another big opportunity to enhance their claim as serious title challengers

It may be a big ask to take all 3 points, but the confidence will be high after the excellent performance against St Pats

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Waterford V Dundalk | Fri 4 May | 7.45pm | RSC

Postby Ezeikial » Tue May 01, 2018 9:05 pm

Courtney Duffus' winning goal for Waterford against Bohs

https://twitter.com/SoccRepublic/status ... 5277589504
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Thu May 03, 2018 9:31 am

How well I remember our last match in Waterford. I really thought we were doomed that day - and I don't think I was alone.
Little did we think that the greatest era in the history of our beloved club was just about to begin!
The Back of the Wall

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Postby shep » Thu May 03, 2018 10:17 am

Heading to this one,should be a cracker. Someone was telling me there is roadworks on M50...would leaving Dundalk at 3.30 by car get me there for kick off?? Some od the lads only getting off work at that stage so cannot go much earlier.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Thu May 03, 2018 10:30 am

There were no road works on the M50 when I was on it last Monday. Time wise you should be OK, but do leave as early as you possibly can - remember it's a bank holiday weekend.
The Back of the Wall

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Thu May 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Wexford White wrote:There were no road works on the M50 when I was on it last Monday. Time wise you should be OK, but do leave as early as you possibly can - remember it's a bank holiday weekend.

Correct, there are no roadworks on the M50. The roadworks are on the M7.

Good shout on the bank holiday, M7 will be very busy

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu May 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Surely Hoare will be restored to CB alongside Cleary. If Poynton is at a reasonable fitness level he could slot in at right back. Otherwise play Mountney with McGrath on right side and Murray or Adorjan at 10.

With the diamond midfield that Waterford favour the full backs become really important to exploit the space
Last edited by Ezeikial on Thu May 03, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu May 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Team news

Karolis Chvedukas remains out with an ankle problem while Sean Gannon is also out with fractured ribs and will miss the next month at least. Striker Sam Byrne is likely to miss out also after picking up a hamstring injury on Monday.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-waterford-2/

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Waterford V Dundalk | Fri 4 May | 7.45pm | RSC

Postby Sneachta » Thu May 03, 2018 4:55 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Surely Hoare will be restored to CB alongside Cleary. If Poynton is at a reasonable fitness level he could slot in at centre back. Otherwise play Mountney with McGrath on right side and Murray or Adorjan at 10.

With the diamond midfield that Waterford favour the full backs become really important to exploit the space
It seems logical to bring poynton in. I think he may stick with gartland. Keep Jarvis and bring back Massey.

I would agree that hoare in the middle.

Poynton and Jarvis full backs. Massey needs a lot of rest just to regain his focus. He's been wildly off form

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: RE: Re: Waterford V Dundalk | Fri 4 May | 7.45pm | RSC

Postby Ezeikial » Thu May 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:Surely Hoare will be restored to CB alongside Cleary. If Poynton is at a reasonable fitness level he could slot in at centre back. Otherwise play Mountney with McGrath on right side and Murray or Adorjan at 10.

It seems logical to bring poynton in. I think he may stick with gartland. Keep Jarvis and bring back Massey.

I would agree that hoare in the middle.

Poynton and Jarvis full backs. Massey needs a lot of rest just to regain his focus. He's been wildly off form

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

I meant to say "right back" when talking about Poyton (he certainly is no centre back!)

The other option for SK is to play Jarvis at right back if he feels from seeing him in training that he could cope with that position - that would mean a recall for Massey at left back

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:10 pm

Hoare certain to retain his place. Georgie hasn't even made the squad recently... He ain't going from the stands to first choice.

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby punkha » Thu May 03, 2018 9:33 pm

I thought I heard after Monday's match that Cleary was now suspended but does that not kick in till after this weekend?

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:43 pm

punkha wrote:I thought I heard after Monday's match that Cleary was now suspended but does that not kick in till after this weekend?

He’s suspended for Derry away, which isn’t any better. I really fear if Hoare to rb becomes a thing. There wasn’t one overlap or cross from the right all game against pats.
I’d definitely go for Mountney at rb and McGrath or Connolly ahead of him

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu May 03, 2018 10:56 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:Hoare certain to retain his place. Georgie hasn't even made the squad recently... He ain't going from the stands to first choice.

I hope Hoare is retained in the side - at centre back. Although SK doesn't do tend to do change, it must be obvious from the St Pats game that he is simply not suited to right back.

We need to have more attacking capabilities form full back. Waterford have an excellent midfield four in Keegan, Aborah, Holohan and Hery - their diamond formation tends to leave space for attacking full backs, but Sean Hoare simply won't deliver any meaningful threat from right full.

The fact that Georgie has not made the bench recently does not rule him out - the subs bench is always going to be picked to give option to cover the various positions. Gartland went from the stands to starting in the last game.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:38 am

Ezeikial wrote:
dundalkfc1903 wrote:Hoare certain to retain his place. Georgie hasn't even made the squad recently... He ain't going from the stands to first choice.

I hope Hoare is retained in the side - at centre back. Although SK doesn't do tend to do change, it must be obvious from the St Pats game that he is simply not suited to right back.

We need to have more attacking capabilities form full back. Waterford have an excellent midfield four in Keegan, Aborah, Holohan and Hery - their diamond formation tends to leave space for attacking full backs, but Sean Hoare simply won't deliver any meaningful threat from right full.

The fact that Georgie has not made the bench recently does not rule him out - the subs bench is always going to be picked to give option to cover the various positions. Gartland went from the stands to starting in the last game.

Some fair points, particularly regarding Gartland. Gartland though is vice captain and hugely experienced. Hoare did reasonably well defensively against St Pats. Terrible going forward as you say.
Should also be pointed out that full back is not Georgies strongest position. He really is a central midfielder by trade. So a first choice centre half as fullback or an inexperienced midfielder as fullback? Its Hoare all the way for me.

I hope SK is brave enough to let Jarvis retain his place.
No. 10 is an interesting decision. McGrath, Murray or Adorjan?

Return to “General Discussion”