Bohemians V Dundalk | Fri 18 May | 7:45pm | Dalymount

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Bohemians V Dundalk | Fri 18 May | 7:45pm | Dalymount

Postby Ezeikial » Tue May 15, 2018 5:09 pm

Bohs had lost twice as many as they have lost of their home matches and have conceded more than they have scored at Dalymount in the league so far. Although they have back-to-back away wins against Bray and Sligo to the recent credit the odds will favour a Dundalk win on Friday

Another 3 points is critical to keep the pressure on the others around us

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Bohemians V Dundalk | Fri 18 May | 7:45pm | Dalymount

Postby El Paso » Tue May 15, 2018 8:20 pm

I'm probably getting giddy now after last night, but we have three home matches against Bray, Waterford and Limerick, and trips to Bohs, Rovers and Derry before the two-week break. None of them look as tricky as I thought the trip to the Brandywell would be ahead of last night. I'm all of a sudden very confident that we can kick on and look to go on a winning streak and open up a bit of a gap at the top.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue May 15, 2018 8:54 pm

One game at a time El P, but it’s looking quite positive now. I was thinking if we had lost last night that would have been 3 successive away defeats all to top 4 teams and there may have been questions asked.

Then we run out comfortable 4-1 winners, you got the feeling too if there was 5 mins more played we could have got a 5th.

We are in an excellent position but remember a game more played, but Cork’s game in hand is v Derry and that will prob be a mid week one too in June.

I like the rotation SK is doing with some players, keeps things fresh, and the most pleasing thing about last night was the total domination of midfield apart from a ten min spell around the time of their goal. Shields and Benson were superb. Adjoran coming back too. More options. And Gannon hopefully next month.

Next game is the most important. One at a time.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:32 pm

El Paso wrote:I'm probably getting giddy now after last night, but we have three home matches against Bray, Waterford and Limerick, and trips to Bohs, Rovers and Derry before the two-week break. None of them look as tricky as I thought the trip to the Brandywell would be ahead of last night. I'm all of a sudden very confident that we can kick on and look to go on a winning streak and open up a bit of a gap at the top.

I certainly wouldn’t be getting giddy just yet. Cork have an unbelievable set of handy fixtures coming up. They play Derry and rovers at home and really their next difficult game away is against us, at the end of June ffs!!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 am

Cork are gone back to the pre-Maguire days of crap away form (for a table topping side). Two draws and three defeats away from home in their last seven. They're playing Limerick and Pats away next week and I think both are well able to get results against them. Pats were very unlucky not to beat them on the opening night.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed May 16, 2018 12:32 pm

After reading El Paso's giddy post about going on a winning streak, Stephen Kenny is moved to show lots of optimism

Stephen Kenny delighted to have his Dundalk attack firing on all cylinders

Stephen Kenny was thrilled with Dundalk’s cutting edge in attack after a show of strength in Derry.

And he feels his young gunslingers have the ammunition to fire the Lilywhites towards the league title.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer ... k-12541574
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:50 pm

Young gunslingers... Thought I read somewhere recently that we had the oldest starting 11 in the league...no surprise as money buys experience.
Bohs the youngest.

Kartoffel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Kartoffel » Wed May 16, 2018 9:23 pm

El Paso wrote:Cork are gone back to the pre-Maguire days of crap away form (for a table topping side). Two draws and three defeats away from home in their last seven. They're playing Limerick and Pats away next week and I think both are well able to get results against them. Pats were very unlucky not to beat them on the opening night.

Eh...Stephen Kenny's Galacticos have lost 2 of their last 3 away games...

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Wed May 16, 2018 10:18 pm

Kartoffel wrote:
El Paso wrote:Cork are gone back to the pre-Maguire days of crap away form (for a table topping side). Two draws and three defeats away from home in their last seven. They're playing Limerick and Pats away next week and I think both are well able to get results against them. Pats were very unlucky not to beat them on the opening night.

Eh...Stephen Kenny's Galacticos have lost 2 of their last 3 away games...

There's always one lurking in the bushes, the obsession continues

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu May 17, 2018 7:07 am

Its probably a 'no lose' for Keith Long. Bohs are not expected to win, but they will see it as a big result if they can pull off a surprise

LONG TIME COMING Bohs boss Keith Long cannot wait for a crack at Dundalk
The Gypsies' gaffer is delighted after his side secured their first back-to-back victories of the season at Bray on Friday

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/25 ... t-dundalk/

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby punkha » Thu May 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi thinking of driving up just wondering whats the best options for parking? Is parking on St Peters Road ok? Imagine Dublin will be very busy traffic wise tomorrow night with the gigs on in the Phoenix Park.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:35 pm

Park in the Brian Boru pub. Cost u €2 or €3. I always park there. Very safe
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby punkha » Thu May 17, 2018 1:44 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Park in the Brian Boru pub. Cost u €2 or €3. I always park there. Very safe

Cheers Niall will check it out.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu May 17, 2018 4:03 pm

punkha wrote:Hi thinking of driving up just wondering whats the best options for parking? Is parking on St Peters Road ok? Imagine Dublin will be very busy traffic wise tomorrow night with the gigs on in the Phoenix Park.

If you are resistant to paying for parking in the Brian Ború (which is a very good option), it is normally possible to get free on-street parking in the streets off St Peters Road (Connaught Parade, Norfolk Rd and Cabra Park)

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Dalymo ... 5042?hl=en

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu May 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Team news

Dundalk will be without the services of Sean Gannon and John Mountney who are recovering from fractured ribs and knee injuries respectively with the latter now ruled out for the next 6-8 weeks. Stephen O’Donnell is ruled out with a broken leg for the next six months and Karolis Chvedukas has got an ankle injury. Daniel Cleary returns after serving a one match suspension on Monday.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-bohemians-9/

Return to “General Discussion”