Bohemians V Dundalk | Fri 18 May | 7:45pm | Dalymount

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Bohemians V Dundalk | Fri 18 May | 7:45pm | Dalymount

Postby bigalan » Sat May 19, 2018 8:38 am

All I could hear last night was that we rode our luck at times. Maybe true to a small extent, but so did Bohs. Both teams played some very attractive ball at times and but for our poor finishing and over hitting a number of passes, the score could have been much more. Having said that, coupled with Bohs poor final ball, the scoreline could have read 3 or 4 more goals.

Hoban once again proving his worth. Absolutely wonderful at holding the ball and a cracking first touch. He has come back a much better player and work rate not unlike McMillan but a better finisher.

Sean Hoare. What can I say. Once of his best matches in the white jersey. A couple of excellent efforts from outside the box in the first half and played an important role in Hobans goal.

Chris Shields. Well Chris was just Chris. Broke up nearly everything in the second half. Another excellent shift.

My man of the match was close between all three but Pat shades it for me. Also a mention for Dylan, Michael and Jamie who also can be happy with their contribution.

Lovely gesture by Bohs with a feature in the programme and a mention of Robert (foods) McLoughlin.
Touch of class. Thank You

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat May 19, 2018 12:19 pm

bigalan wrote:
Chris Shields. Well Chris was just Chris. Broke up nearly everything in the second half. Another excellent shift.

There are two Chris Shields, the one you describe and his doppelganger who looks like he never played football before.

Fortunately, the Chris Shields you describe is the one we see most.

Great point about Hoban, he is a much better player now. Given how little football he has played in two years, he will only get better with games as well.

Also, Jamie McGrath is utter class. Just watching what he can do in tight spaces is worth the admission price. I would love to see him and Adorjan in the same line up. Some of their link play in the latter stages of the game was excellent.

mujas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby mujas » Sat May 19, 2018 12:23 pm

Glad to see a mention of Dylan playing well. If he can get on his game we will become very threatening
Scottie bit Macca's legs.....no reason

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat May 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Excellent result and a hard working display too, I thought Shields was motm he seemed to be everywhere and did his job perfectly breaking up play and getting niggly tackles in, and playing it short, these are all his top strengths, as for the line clearance, what technique, Gavin McL has a brilliant photo up on his Twitter on this.

Hoare was a close second, fitted into right full like a glove, perfect crossing and came up trumps with his goal to seal the win. Connolly got involved and offered width but I still think Bohs narrowed that pitch, definitely looked a fair gap on the Jodi side, he can do better but at least he is back at it. McGrath was very good in the middle and between Benson and Shields, Bohs star man Watts had to wait until the second half to make any impact.

A Bohs mate at work said to me after this is one of the best LOI sides he has seen and especially adapting year on year with replacements, it’s the same passing style and made the point of O’Donnell & Gannon out and Adjoran who he rates as can’t get into the team. I suppose being so close you don’t notice the little things so much like retaining pocession and switching the play from left to right so much as opposition fans do.

Great nights work last night, amazing to think after the loss to Waterford they were level on points, if we beat them on Monday we’ll be 10 clear and that’s in just over 2 weeks.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Good atmosphere in away section but there are an awful lot of fans who don’t make a peep bothbyoung and old, the team needs our support. I know everyone wants to enjoy the game in their own way but we have come a long way from a few young fellas wrapping the old looose galvanized in the old shed that it would be great if more joined in. These are the hey days

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Sat May 19, 2018 10:18 pm

I was marooned in the main stand! There's usually a good crowd of us at the town end of the stand. What happened this time? Bohs supporters all around me!
The Back of the Wall

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat May 19, 2018 10:20 pm

'We'd be looking to get a small bit of revenge' - Gary Rogers gunning for Waterford

DUNDALK goalkeeper Gary Rogers is looking forward to another crack at Waterford after a run of three straight wins to erase the memory of their grim night on Suirside at the start of this month.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 24525.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun May 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:Good atmosphere in away section but there are an awful lot of fans who don’t make a peep bothbyoung and old, the team needs our support. I know everyone wants to enjoy the game in their own way but we have come a long way from a few young fellas wrapping the old looose galvanized in the old shed that it would be great if more joined in. These are the hey days

Still an excellent turn out from Dundalk fans, must have been 400, possibly more, hard to estimate when you are in the middle. Have to say a lot of unnecessary behaviour by a tiny minority too when we scored, running over to the barrier and goading the Bohs fans, absolutely no need for this.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun May 20, 2018 7:44 pm

mike wrote:Have to say a lot of unnecessary behaviour by a tiny minority too when we scored, running over to the barrier and goading the Bohs fans, absolutely no need for this.

The older I get the more that nonsense annoys the shít out of me. I can't stand being made to feel like a criminal running a gauntlet of riot cops going to games and it's because of twats like that. I know it's unreasonable, but a bit of self-policing of these twats by the rest of us would be no harm.

Return to “General Discussion”