Dundalk V Waterford | Mon 21 May | 7:45pm | Oriel Park

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Kezz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk V Waterford | Mon 21 May | 7:45pm | Oriel Park

Postby Kezz » Mon May 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Stephen Kenny talks about Sean Hoare at right back and how he could also play up-front, the quality that Patrick Hoban is showing and calls out both Waterford and Cork for intentionally having poorly prepared pitches. I'm expecting a backlash to the pitch stuff
But, after his side recorded a 2-0 win over Bohemians on a well-kept pitch at Dalymount Park on Friday, Kenny took the opportunity to take a pop at second-placed City and Waterford, who are third.

Dundalk’s only defeats this season both came in the last month, at Turner’s Cross and the RSC, with Kenny seething about the conditions at the two grounds — claiming it reflected ‘archaic thinking’.

Kenny rapped: “At least Bohemians, they cut the grass which is a basic requirement but it doesn’t happen any week we play.

“They cut the grass and watered the pitch because they backed themselves and that should be the minimum requirement.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/26 ... alk-visit/

I doubt many managers pay too much attention to Stephen's moans anymore. It's actually very funny all the same. A rival manager trying to lecture his two closest rivals on how to prepare their pitch.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon May 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Kezz wrote:
I doubt many managers pay too much attention to Stephen's moans anymore. It's actually very funny all the same. A rival manager trying to lecture his two closest rivals on how to prepare their pitch.

I think you will find that John Caulfield will find it impossible not to respond.

There is a sensitivity about him and many Cork fans about anything that is perceived as criticism and it reaches near apoplectic proportions whenever it gets anywhere close to the bone.

Personally I would prefer if he did not make these comments - even if they appear to be true
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon May 21, 2018 7:48 pm

I prefer it when Kenny doesn't talk about the other clubs. Any time he gets bogged down in that stuff our performances suffer.

Cork are very sensitive about their pitch, however it had to be fully relaid two summers ago (paid for by the FAI of course) as it was deemed too shit for an international friendly.

The fact is that because Cork rent their pitch, the Munster FA as owners also use it for a load of other games. Douglas Hall are playing a couple of schoolboy finals on it this week. It's hardly a surprise that it's a cabbage patch. Then again Cork's 100% home record versus their barely 50% away record speaks volumes...
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon May 21, 2018 8:18 pm

11 corners in the first half hour...

Winning corners is vastly overrated, imo

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon May 21, 2018 8:25 pm

El Paso wrote:11 corners in the first half hour...

Winning corners is vastly overrated, imo

Now I'm not a superstitious man - but this had the desired effect! 1-0 from our 12th corner!!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon May 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Starting to give away stupid frees around our penalty box and Waterford really should have scored from one.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon May 21, 2018 9:38 pm

2-0 FT. Delighted for Marco.

We got away with that big time. We missed a load of presentable chances when dominating, In the second half we coughed up stupid frees in dangerous positions and Waterford possibly should have had a penalty, hit the post and missed maybe two near open goals. Edit: I'm probably not giving Waterford enough credit for their 2nd Half showing there.
Last edited by El Paso on Mon May 21, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Mon May 21, 2018 10:25 pm

Anyone close to the penalty incident? Looked a penalty from the where I was sitting in the stand.

Hery bossed that second half.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 pm

El Paso wrote:2-0 FT. Delighted for Marco.

I would prefer not to be overly critical of anyone, but the goal might give Marco the impression that he made a worthwhile contribution.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:33 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
El Paso wrote:2-0 FT. Delighted for Marco.

I would prefer not to be overly critical of anyone, but the goal might give Marco the impression that he made a worthwhile contribution.

+1. 23 mins with him up top is not good for the health. Thought shields was outstanding. And mcgrath and Duffy were excellent. Thought Connolly played well too. He put the ball on a plate for Hoban buy it did seem to bobble on him. Jarvis did well when he replaced Massey at half time. But there appeared at times to be some confusion between Cleary and Garts especially about competing for headers. Poor crowd for a Monday night game 1st v 3rd...
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue May 22, 2018 12:00 am

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue May 22, 2018 12:03 am

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue May 22, 2018 12:07 am

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue May 22, 2018 12:13 am

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:14 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Kezz wrote:

I think you will find that John Caulfield will find it impossible not to respond.

There is a sensitivity about him and many Cork fans about anything that is perceived as criticism and it reaches near apoplectic proportions whenever it gets anywhere close to the bone.

Personally I would prefer if he did not make these comments - even if they appear to be true

I think we're all a bit sensitive when it comes to our own clubs. We all have excuses when things ain't going right or to try and gain an advantage when we're due to play each other. Good win for ye tonight regardless and ourselves as well. Looking to be a two horse race again this year. I see you have stopped posting/winding up on our site. Good banter all the same.

Return to “General Discussion”