"One Team. One Dream. Won Friday Night."

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

writerbrian
Youth Team
Youth Team

"One Team. One Dream. Won Friday Night."

Postby writerbrian » Fri May 25, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi Folks

It looks like I will be launching the new LOI Book at Oriel Park on June 8th. The book is 40 stories taken from 40 fans of 40 clubs , past & present. Dundalk actually has the biggest entry with three different chapters.

Regions to be cheerful - a retro look back at Dundalk in the last seventies, early eighties by Michael Shrine.
Somewhere In Europe - Detailing the lilywhite's European Cup exploits of late by Sean Deloughry
A Letter From America -, A Dundalk fan's tale from afar by Steve Duffy.

The book is almost 300 pages long with 96 pictures and serves as a follow-up to my 2011 book "Just Follow The Floodlights" On the night the €12.99 book will be sold for a special price of €10.
Currently you can get the book on www.briankennedywriter.com

More details will follow. Hope to see you there on the night.

Brian

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: "One Team. One Dream. Won Friday Night."

Postby mike » Mon May 28, 2018 2:34 pm

I’ve seen a copy of this book and one ordered arriving in the post this week. It’s well worth supporting people, two or three regulars on here have articles in it and a host of other LOI club stories included too, it’s good reading in an period where most publications are wall to wall English football.
Last edited by mike on Mon May 28, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon May 28, 2018 9:38 pm

Will definitely pick one up

So that's three chapters about us, one for each of the other 19, ones for Drumcondra and Home Farm presumably, then 16 chapters for all the clubs that have died in Cork?

writerbrian
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby writerbrian » Tue May 29, 2018 7:20 pm

All current Prem & First Div clubs featured. I tried to get as many clubs as possible that don't operate in the league before. The likes of Kilkenny City, Kildare County, Monaghan United, Newcastlewest and such are featured. The Cork teams featured are Cork City & Cork Athletic
I should be in at Oriel Park on Friday June 8th to launch it. I got Martin Lawlor last time. He might be keen again.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Tue May 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Sounds great, looking forward to it.... If you do a second edition you should throw in FC Cork of Cork, Kaiser Corks and Cork Park Rangers.

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:05 am

El Paso wrote:Sounds great, looking forward to it.... If you do a second edition you should throw in FC Cork of Cork, Kaiser Corks and Cork Park Rangers.

Your fascination with CCFC is unreal. Ps. Don't throw out that bucket yet.... You might just need it someday. Its a book that is being launched by a fellow fan, just go buy it and sit down with a coffee and read it.

cooney
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cooney » Wed May 30, 2018 7:14 am

Your fascination with CCFC is unreal. Ps. Don't throw out that bucket yet.... You might just need it someday. Its a book that is being launched by a fellow fan, just go buy it and sit down with a coffee and read it.

Coming from a person trawling through a DFC forum, run along now.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed May 30, 2018 7:39 am

Tigger1 wrote:
El Paso wrote:Sounds great, looking forward to it.... If you do a second edition you should throw in FC Cork of Cork, Kaiser Corks and Cork Park Rangers.

Tigger, for the most part your posts seem reasonable and measured but this is a tad hypocritical.

Despite the extreme level of abuse and insults that are routinely flung around the Cork forum at "fellow fans' I have seen no posts from you or others promoting moderation, basic manners or any reduction in the "fascination" about Dundalk.

I suggest try getting your own house in order first before coming to lecture here (although reasoned posts are a good addition to this forum)
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed May 30, 2018 7:58 am

Tigger1 wrote:

Where did I mention ‘ccfc’? They bore me. I’m mildly interested in the other couple of dozen clubs that have come and gone.

But I do like to flush out the lurkers.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed May 30, 2018 11:11 pm

Book arrived today in the post, read a few chapters, looks to be some brilliant articles from loads of clubs.

Then Presidents Cup v Cork, sorry ccfc, photo taken from the shed side in the snow is on the back of the book.

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:59 am

El Paso wrote:
Tigger1 wrote:

Where did I mention ‘ccfc’? They bore me. I’m mildly interested in the other couple of dozen clubs that have come and gone.

But I do like to flush out the lurkers.

Flush away, mind your arse on the way down. I'll rephrase my post to include everything Cork.

writerbrian
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby writerbrian » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:22 am

see post below
Last edited by writerbrian on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

writerbrian
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby writerbrian » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:06 am

I'm still hopeful of maybe even getting the book sold at Oriel Park next week. As said it will sell for €10. Once again there are 3 Dundalk stories. If i can arrange something I might be able to get my old fav Martin Lawlor to pop along as he was superb for Just Follow The Floodlights.

writerbrian
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby writerbrian » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Delighted to say I will be at Oriel Park Friday night to sell the new book at a reduced price of 10.

Return to “General Discussion”