Dundalk v Limerick

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk v Limerick

Postby White Horse » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:29 am

Chevdukas looked way off the pace against the Bohs U19s three days ago. I can't see Kenny starting him.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:21 am

McGrath has bulked up quite a bit. I'd have no problem playing himself and Benson deep with Adorján at the front of the midfield three. Would be a serious amount of football in that team and we'd swamp Limerick
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:55 pm

White Horse wrote:Chevdukas looked way off the pace against the Bohs U19s three days ago. I can't see Kenny starting him.

He needs game time to get fit, and is no use to us unfit. Limerick is an ideal match to get him more integrated.

We will need his quality (assuming that he is quality) in July & August especially and throughout the rest of the season
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:58 pm

Louth4sam wrote:McGrath has bulked up quite a bit. I'd have no problem playing himself and Benson deep with Adorján at the front of the midfield three. Would be a serious amount of football in that team and we'd swamp Limerick

This could work fine against Limerick at home, but is hardly the template for future bigger tests. Think Presidents Cup second half......
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Hopefully the absence of Shields will go unnoticed, if so those who replace him will have done a good job. I won't be at all surprised if Chevdukas is in from the start, he's a player who I believe has a lot to offer & yes he may be off the pace but this will only get sorted with game time. I'd be expecting the recent run of goals to continue tonight & Dundalk to win, 4-0 at least.

C'MON THE TOWN:

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Louth4sam wrote:McGrath has bulked up quite a bit. I'd have no problem playing himself and Benson deep with Adorján at the front of the midfield three. Would be a serious amount of football in that team and we'd swamp Limerick

This could work fine against Limerick at home, but is hardly the template for future bigger tests. Think Presidents Cup second half......

Agreed. Wasn't suggesting we do this for a European game etc but may be something we could deploy when we're chasing a goal and the opposition are sitting back.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Adorjan and chevdukas start. Europe in the back of minds.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Quayman
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Quayman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:53 pm

Where would we be without hoban? Adjorjan is really coming into his own now too
Neale Fenn....SCUM

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:10 pm

if Adorján added some strength to his physique, he would be impossible to play against. Lovely control, vision, and passing. He gets bullied in games sometimes and can run out of steam. He has everything else in abundance.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:22 pm

Jaysus I thought he was pretty physical tonight. He put in a few shieldsesque tackles from around the side. If hoban hadn't got the hat trick he was my man of the match by an absolute mile.

And what about Sean hoare?? Some versatility there.

This is a great team with fantastic depth and quality.

It would be criminal if they do not make some progress in Europe.

To limericks credit, they did not offer much but I thought they were ten times better than bray in all departments. Hard to believe they don't have a few more points on the board.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:27 am

Adjorán ran the show.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:29 am

I really enjoyed that display last night. Ok, Limerick weren’t up to much but some of our passages of play were a joy to watch. Quick pass and moves, triangular passing and a few long cross field passes as well that all wouldn’t look out of place at the upcoming World Cup. Credit to Dylan Connolly who has come on in leaps and bounds since getting a good run in the team. Adorjan was really good too and could be even better if he was to get a run in the team too.
On a side note, I was heartbroken to hear Mickey Duffy announce that the Cork game isn’t on telly, I’m going to be in Spain then and was looking forward to sinking a few San Miguel’s whilst watching us sinking the Langers!!
King Kenny!

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 am

colymull wrote:I really enjoyed that display last night. Ok, Limerick weren’t up to much but some of our passages of play were a joy to watch. Quick pass and moves, triangular passing and a few long cross field passes as well that all wouldn’t look out of place at the upcoming World Cup. Credit to Dylan Connolly who has come on in leaps and bounds since getting a good run in the team. Adorjan was really good too and could be even better if he was to get a run in the team too.
On a side note, I was heartbroken to hear Mickey Duffy announce that the Cork game isn’t on telly, I’m going to be in Spain then and was looking forward to sinking a few San Miguel’s whilst watching us sinking the Langers!!

Colly, www.skorlive.com you will see the game there. Won't be the best picture quality in the world ad it isn't a tv company camera etc. But you will see the game on it.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:11 am

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Dundalk v Limerick

Postby Sneachta » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:33 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:Adjorán ran the show.
He was scintillating Martin.

Robbie Benson should take note

Return to “General Discussion”