Dundalk v Limerick

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk v Limerick

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:37 am

Gary Rogers post match with Gerry Malone

https://audioboom.com/posts/6890006-pat-hoban

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:40 am

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:24 am

With cork and Europe in the horizon, why wouldn't he be pleased. Time for the team to peak!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:02 am

Excellent, in particular Hoban, Adorjan & Jarvis.

C'MON THE TOWN:

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:50 am

Some beautiful football played last night. Single out Hoban and Adorjan who both looked different class. Hobans flick to play Duffy through was a thing of beauty and should have been a contender for goal of the season. Very pleased with display and result to extend our excellent run. One telling thing I did note was that big Marco didn't warm up at all in the final 20 mins or so meaning he was never going to get game time. Looks like his time is up. Delighted for Hoban getting the match ball. Cracking return of 18 goals so far.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Skorlive is a great option. No commentary and only one camera but I’ve watched every away game so far this season that I haven’t been to on it.

On the match last night Adjoran was class and Hoban on fire, but special mention to Connolly he worked his socks off.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:33 pm

I'm delighted for Connolly as that was his best match for us since he's signed and looks to be repaying Kenny's faith in him.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:20 pm

I made a rare trip into the Lilywhite last night, usually go to Enda McG bar but noticed on way out the Limerick players were eating pizza leaving the ground.

Anyone know if this is a requirement to arrange food for away teams or is it just something a few clubs do? I think it’s good form if it’s the case that most clubs hosting the game would do this. I’m sure the sight of 5 or 6 pizzas would be a welcome sight in the dressing room before getting on a long bus journey home, and a defeat.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:56 pm

Really enjoyable game last night. I thought we were riddled with mistakes and errors but won comfortably in the end. To be honest we still have 3 or 4 more gears to go through.

Was wondering last night how far is Hoban off Joey Donnellys record of 70 league goals for DFC? cant believe our highest league goals scored is not over 100

Chevedukas is also a lunatic. he does need to calm himself down or he will spend more time suspended than playing

edit- according to soccerbase he has 56 goals for us so far.
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... r_id=69428
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:31 am

Enjoyable game with some lovely passages of play. Hoban is outstanding, kinda glad Burke was randomly selected for Ireland ahead of hm cos he's irreplaceable right now. Yet again all the goal scoring records are up for grabs. Pa's 18 league goals just 7 behind Richie's 25 which was the bestin the lleague for decades. And we're likely to break our own league goals record with three extra games this season. Credit Cork for staying in touch, what a scrap it's going to be!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:26 am

seand wrote:Credit Cork for staying in touch, what a scrap it's going to be!

Our Cork visitors will be apoplectic when they see that, seeing that Cork are currently top of the league.

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:26 am

Ezeikial wrote:
seand wrote:Credit Cork for staying in touch, what a scrap it's going to be!

Our Cork visitors will be apoplectic when they see that, seeing that Cork are currently top of the league.

Not at all. Only two teams in it again. Credit is due to both clubs on maintaining this trend for the past four/five seasons.

Kezz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Kezz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:35 pm

seand wrote:Enjoyable game with some lovely passages of play. Hoban is outstanding, kinda glad Burke was randomly selected for Ireland ahead of hm cos he's irreplaceable right now. Yet again all the goal scoring records are up for grabs. Pa's 18 league goals just 7 behind Richie's 25 which was the bestin the lleague for decades. And we're likely to break our own league goals record with three extra games this season. Credit Cork for staying in touch, what a scrap it's going to be!

We'll take all the credit we get. My mother told me one time to never turn down a compliment. I suppose this credit you give us is a sort of compliment?

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Kezz wrote:
seand wrote:Enjoyable game with some lovely passages of play. Hoban is outstanding, kinda glad Burke was randomly selected for Ireland ahead of hm cos he's irreplaceable right now. Yet again all the goal scoring records are up for grabs. Pa's 18 league goals just 7 behind Richie's 25 which was the bestin the lleague for decades. And we're likely to break our own league goals record with three extra games this season. Credit Cork for staying in touch, what a scrap it's going to be!

We'll take all the credit we get. My mother told me one time to never turn down a compliment. I suppose this credit you give us is a sort of compliment?

Both teams teams deserve credit for great points tallies so far this season. They're both leaving everyone else far behind.

There is no sense in insulting each other's performance so far this season as that would only serve to trivialise and downplay the achievements of our own club.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:05 pm

I have no problem with cork whatsoever. We tend to get more of the plaudits because we do play the more attractive attacking style of football.. but end of the day this is a results business and quite frankly it doesn't matter what score you win by or how you win, once you win. It could go down to goal difference or realistically the head to head v the 2 teams as without the exception of possibly Derry I can't see any of the others taking too many points off either ourselves or Cork.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Return to “General Discussion”