Dundalk v Cork City | Fri 29 June | 7:35pm | Oriel Park

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Dundalk v Cork City | Fri 29 June | 7:35pm | Oriel Park

Postby paul1 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:31 am

Great win we needed that badly against Cork it’s the games against Cork that will ultimately decide the title, couldn’t believe it when I see Mcnulty waisting time early in the first half obviously playing for the draw.. Caufield got what he deserved he spends more time in the linesman ear and annoying the fourth official. How Bennett wasn’t booked at least for taking out Hoban I will never know.. Yes there are areas we need improvement on our delivery from corners isn’t great a lot are over hit, but we will take that win just need to back it up next week, Cork also have a sticky game with Shamrock Rovers arriving on Lee side..

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:53 am

Got what we deserved & so did Cork. There was only one team playing football & for me Adorjan, Mc Grath, Gartland & Hoban stood out.

The atmosphere was terrific in Oriel but make you wonder why are we not getting crowds like last night at ALL home games...

C'MON THE TOWN:

iloveduffy.com
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby iloveduffy.com » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:55 am

Watched the game again. For their goal, Bennett elbows Rogers to the ground before running after the ball and hitting it towards the back post for O'Hanlon. He is a dirty player, twice he threw a leg at hoban and benson before he then threw an arm into Hobans face.
In Kenny we Trust

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:04 pm

iloveduffy.com wrote:Watched the game again. For their goal, Bennett elbows Rogers to the ground before running after the ball and hitting it towards the back post for O'Hanlon. He is a dirty player, twice he threw a leg at hoban and benson before he then threw an arm into Hobans face.

Going on last nights performance, Bennett is finished as a player at this level. Incredible that Hoban didn't get a free for the incident you mentioned.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:11 pm

'It's a big three points, you can't get away from that' - Kenny hails Lilywhites' late show

Stephen Kenny lavished praise on his players for their never-say-die attitude which eked out a dramatic win against Cork City and sent the Lilywhites to the top of the Airtricity League Preier Division table.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/06 ... from-that/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:23 pm

In the four and a half seasons with Dundalk and Cork as the top two our record is now 7 wins, 3 draws, 5 defeats. If you take out Sean Maguire's time at Cork it's 6 wins, 3 draws and only 1 defeat, just to give an idea of what he gave them and what they're now missing. I thought Cummins, Sadlier and McNamee - their three big signings - all looked so... ordinary.

Anyway watched it back (sober!) today waiting for the World Cup match and iloveduffy is dead right - blatant and deliberate elbow by old man Bennett on Rogers. It was as if he'd watched Sergio Ramos on Karius and thought 'that's a great idea!' Clobbering Hoban then screaming at him on the ground was scumbaggery too. It fooled the ref, though. Also how the ref left Griffin stay on the pitch is beyond me.

The way we kept going to the end was magnificent and really, apart from an early spell and just after their goal, Cork offered nothing. Think the heat affected them worse as pukeball requires harder running. However between Adorjan's goal and the equaliser I do think we lost our way and the game got very scrappy. The benefit of taking the lead against them is they have to push out and we didn't manage it well, especially with their full backs on cards. We should have gone for the throat. I really thought Adorjan and Duffy were going to destroy them at that point. Instead we nearly made a mess of it. Fine margins.

We're in pole position now and are odds-on with the bookies. By the time we play them again I think we'll have enough of a points lead that even a defeat might not matter.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:47 pm

Krisztián Adorján’s post-match video interview

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/10 ... 6178497538
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:51 pm

My morbid curiosity took me over the Corks forum and they are seething it’s beautiful
The natural balance of Irish football has returned for good.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:02 pm

They have nothing to be seething over. Only 1 team tried to play football and only 1 team deserved to win. We are the better team. Doesn't mean we will win league but we are a far better team than cork are.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:32 pm

It’s hilarious. They finally copped on they play a horrendous brand of football and although it can be effective Caufield has no plan B if it doesn’t work. To quote a cork fan it’s “agri-tika”

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:33 pm

It’s hilarious. They finally copped on they play a horrendous brand of football and although it can be effective Caufield has no plan B if it doesn’t work. To quote a cork fan it’s “agri-tika”

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:04 am

I just rewatched the second half there. Rogers made a great save from Sheppard at 1-1 but he really should have buried it. Nothing much between the teams and it’ll go to the wire. For Monday I wouldn’t play anybody who would start against Pats

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:51 am

shedboy4life wrote:It’s hilarious. They finally copped on they play a horrendous brand of football and although it can be effective Caufield has no plan B if it doesn’t work. To quote a cork fan it’s “agri-tika”

With the greatest respect to our own manager he doesnt really like to have a plan b either. Difference is that he has complete faith is his players and tactics and that they will come good no matter where or when.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:31 pm

shedboy4life wrote:My morbid curiosity took me over the Corks forum and they are seething it’s beautiful

Curiosity got the better of me too and that forum is quite something, ticks every langer stereotype, not all posters but quite a few! Nobody likes losing but to see the level of annoyance has got to the point that comments on Sellafield and gene pools have been rolled out does actually add to the satisfaction. Its certainly entertainibg stuff for anyone who hasnt visted before like myself. I vaguely remember similar type comments made by Cork fans about Drogheda back mid 2000's (as an aside I had a quick look on the Drogheda United wiki page to check the year they won the league and where Cork were at that season, the roll of honour makes for interesting reading lol)

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 pm

dell wrote:
shedboy4life wrote:My morbid curiosity took me over the Corks forum and they are seething it’s beautiful

Curiosity got the better of me too and that forum is quite something, ticks every langer stereotype, not all posters but quite a few! Nobody likes losing but to see the level of annoyance has got to the point that comments on Sellafield and gene pools have been rolled out does actually add to the satisfaction. Its certainly entertainibg stuff for anyone who hasnt visted before like myself. I vaguely remember similar type comments made by Cork fans about Drogheda back mid 2000's (as an aside I had a quick look on the Drogheda United wiki page to check the year they won the league and where Cork were at that season, the roll of honour makes for interesting reading lol)

There’s literally 5 pages of about us signing fats today. Also there’s a few posts saying that they’ll have to rethink the FORUS model if we kick on. Some very worried that with our financial muscle they could be left in our shadow for some time.

Return to “General Discussion”