Dundalk v Cork City | Fri 29 June | 7:35pm | Oriel Park

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk v Cork City | Fri 29 June | 7:35pm | Oriel Park

Postby Tigger1 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:11 pm

Quayman wrote:
niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Towelie wrote:A win is crucial tonight, strong team out tonight so I'm hopeful enough. Word of scraps between fans in Courtney's, anyone there see what happened?

Heard they came off train no colours and into Kennedy's and threatened fans with glasses and bottles and garda dog Corp pushed them back.

Bunch of cork scumbags with no colours started on town fans in kennedys beer garden. Smashing plenty of glasses and bottles. Bar maid, all on her own, fairly dealt with the situation. Would give Katy Taylor a run for her money!!!

Did you see the video. Wasn't just Cork City fans throwing tables, chairs and glasses. This was a planned meet whether you or your like believe it or not.

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Had to copy and paste this but this is hilarious

Well i woke up in Cork this morning so better than you. Must say was disgusted with the result Friday but that's football and one league game out of 30 odd. When your put back 2 points behind a team at least it makes things interesting and every game is a chance to take the lead again now. Being honest 18 months on top of the table at times was ******* boring. Remember strolling in for a second half and shrugging when told by Tom the gom said that Sligo just scored to go 1 up at home last season because i honestly didnt give that much a **** being 15 - 20 points clear. I also know if we got 4k to a home game against anyone in the top 6 there would be an inquiry into how did our support dip so much especially if the club game away 700 scarfs. Yet its a big deal for ye when ye manage it against us. Tin pot club that's a side note in a U.S. investment firm portfolio. Your clubs not even ran in this continent. Soulless and classless are words that spring to mind.
The natural balance of Irish football has returned for good.

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:13 pm

dell wrote:
shedboy4life wrote:My morbid curiosity took me over the Corks forum and they are seething it’s beautiful

Curiosity got the better of me too and that forum is quite something, ticks every langer stereotype, not all posters but quite a few! Nobody likes losing but to see the level of annoyance has got to the point that comments on Sellafield and gene pools have been rolled out does actually add to the satisfaction. Its certainly entertainibg stuff for anyone who hasnt visted before like myself. I vaguely remember similar type comments made by Cork fans about Drogheda back mid 2000's (as an aside I had a quick look on the Drogheda United wiki page to check the year they won the league and where Cork were at that season, the roll of honour makes for interesting reading lol)

Would the two of ye Fu k right off. Ye mutants came on to our site giving it plenty. Obsessed little boys.

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:14 pm

dell wrote:
shedboy4life wrote:My morbid curiosity took me over the Corks forum and they are seething it’s beautiful

Curiosity got the better of me too and that forum is quite something, ticks every langer stereotype, not all posters but quite a few! Nobody likes losing but to see the level of annoyance has got to the point that comments on Sellafield and gene pools have been rolled out does actually add to the satisfaction. Its certainly entertainibg stuff for anyone who hasnt visted before like myself. I vaguely remember similar type comments made by Cork fans about Drogheda back mid 2000's (as an aside I had a quick look on the Drogheda United wiki page to check the year they won the league and where Cork were at that season, the roll of honour makes for interesting reading lol)

Would the two of ye Fu k right off. Ye mutants came on to our site giving it plenty. Obsessed little boys.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Tigger1 wrote:
dell wrote:

I must say I admire the courage of your attempt at informed and well-articulated debate, given the circumstances. Can I just remind you that this is our blog so we are hardly going to f**k off anywhere. If you don't like the DFC posters on your site, get them blocked. I will be more than happy to press our mods to reciprocate.

You won't have to put up with some of our lot reminding you about how good we are, and we won't have to tolerate the vacuous pre-teen mudslinging that passes for intelligent conversation.

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:20 pm

shedboy4life wrote:Had to copy and paste this but this is hilarious

Well i woke up in Cork this morning so better than you. Must say was disgusted with the result Friday but that's football and one league game out of 30 odd. When your put back 2 points behind a team at least it makes things interesting and every game is a chance to take the lead again now. Being honest 18 months on top of the table at times was ******* boring. Remember strolling in for a second half and shrugging when told by Tom the gom said that Sligo just scored to go 1 up at home last season because i honestly didnt give that much a **** being 15 - 20 points clear. I also know if we got 4k to a home game against anyone in the top 6 there would be an inquiry into how did our support dip so much especially if the club game away 700 scarfs. Yet its a big deal for ye when ye manage it against us. Tin pot club that's a side note in a U.S. investment firm portfolio. Your clubs not even ran in this continent. Soulless and classless are words that spring to mind.

I notice you didn't give the reason why that was posted.
Nah didn't think so.!!!!!!. You and another two came on giving it loads, but go running to your own six or seven friends on this site with half a story.

DFCLife
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DFCLife » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:53 pm

Tigger1 wrote:I notice you didn't give the reason why that was posted.
Nah didn't think so.!!!!!!. You and another two came on giving it loads, but go running to your own six or seven friends on this site with half a story.

Well some moronic langer claimed that Dundalk were "irrelevant", I rebuked that statement and what was posted above was the response to that. The context surrounding that post doesn't make it any less humiliating. If anything I'm surprised how easily some of you over there were wound up, I wasn't even trying.
N'Golo Kanté has posters of Chris Shields on his bedroom wall

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:19 pm

You see tigger the childish mutant inbred six fingered stuff is extremely juvenile and makes anything you say irrelevant. Now when you finally grow up and start acting your age come back to us and have a real genuine football related conversation. So I don't expect we will see you anytime soon!!
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:37 pm

"I notice you didn't give the reason why that was posted.
Nah didn't think so.!!!!!!. You and another two came on giving it loads, but go running to your own six or seven friends on this site with half a story".

What is with the Cork obsession on numbers or members of other club fora, size of crowds et al. There was almost a capacity crowd at an entertaining LoI game between too great rivals that was live on TV. Yet this has been turned in to something to be scoffed by the rival support. Cork have excellent crowds albeit in a one club city with a much bigger population than any area bar the capital.

It is pointless bothering to post to the cork forum as it isnt a place for much discussion so I wasnt one of the THREE Dundalk fans that did bother. and one of those well I wouldnt consider it much of a post as it wasnt readable although it got plenty of attention. There are significantly more posts on Orielweb by Cork fans up until Friday night.

I am genuinely surprised at how much the result on Friday and generally anything about Dundalk and the football club seems to rankle so much with a significant amount of Cork fans, it seems to run deeper than a sporting rivalry. A large proportion of posts have little to do with football and are general attempts at insult. For league champions there is a serious inferiority complex among the Cork support. It is amusing to see headlines from the Dundalk Democrat posted and a litany of subsequant posts on supposed arrogance of Dundalk based media. I dont recall any posts here calling out Cork based reports on games as it's completely irrelevant to us.

But anyway back to Friday night - as it isnt Caulfield's first dismissal of the season, he pushed the official aside too which is bound to be frowned upon and that he didnt leave the vicinity of the technical area as is required SO he could get more than a single game ban from the sideline. I dont know if it really has that much impact when a manager is banned(?) but I doubt he is the type that takes not being able to berate officials in his stride. He should know better tbh, passion is one thing but he let his players down by losing it and getting himself sent to the stand. His issue was that the winning goal was offside!?! Hoban ran from deep and the ball came off the Cork player so I dont see where he can claim "that the goal might have been offside I dont know" as said in his postmatch interview, he didnt mention his dismissal!

Obviously with a lot of football still to be played there will be more twists and turns but its now in our own hands, and not looking to other teams to close any gap. It was crucial to win imo, assuming the two teams form holds up the prospect of going to Crok needing to win would have been tough if we hadnt gone top on Friday. The focus will be on ourselves to keep getting results and forget about Cork until the game in Turners Cross. That will be some fixture if there is still only the couple of points in it by then!!

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:52 pm

I do think cork were banking on getting out of Oriel avoiding defeat. There’s only 2 points in it but with Europe coming soon our advantages in squad size, fitness and our quality I can see cork dropping more points than us before the game in turners cross in September.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:16 am

Tbh I wouldn't write cork off at all. We need to focus on the next match. Beating cork and beating bray gives you the same return ..... 3pts

Let cork worry about themselves
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:19 am

Johnny Guitar wrote:Tbh I wouldn't write cork off at all. We need to focus on the next match. Beating cork and beating bray gives you the same return ..... 3pts

Very true but in a two hours title race beating cork is a 6 pointer. The head to heads will have a massive impact on the outcome of the title race.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:36 am

Johnny Guitar wrote:Tbh I wouldn't write cork off at all. We need to focus on the next match. Beating cork and beating bray gives you the same return ..... 3pts

and they are doing plenty of worrying for all the bluster!

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:41 am

shedboy4life wrote:

Very true but in a two hours title race beating cork is a 6 pointer. The head to heads will have a massive impact on the outcome of the title race.

Head to heads are cruical but we do not play cork till mid September and there are 33 points to play for before then
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:54 am

shedboy4life wrote:

Dundalk in my opinion have always been favourites to win the league this year. With the signings you've made only strengthens you further. City have resolve in abundance but that only gets you so far. I would say that not only are City worried about the progress of dundalk but the whole league must be quacking in their boots, because like it or not we're the only ones anyway remotely close to ye.

Return to “General Discussion”