FAI Cup 2018

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Postby El Paso » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:22 pm

After a lot of niggle on social media the last couple of years the mutual respect post-match has been much better. LOI fans have far more in common than differences. Caulfield suggested quite a few were on their way out. I hope they don't fall away. I prefer this rivalry to having to tolerate Shamrock Rovers thuggery.

leesider
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby leesider » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:39 pm

El Paso wrote: I prefer this rivalry to having to tolerate Shamrock Rovers thuggery.

Ah go on, sure you know you love them :)

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Dylan Connolly in the Square... LMAO

OHare
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby OHare » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Wasn't sure if it was Dylan Connolly or Conor mc Gregor on the mic

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:33 am

What'd he say? Not a McNulty job I hope lol

ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ArFella » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:29 am

Connolly was on stage in jeans and a 'Dundalk Champions' t-shirt while everyone else was in their cup final suits went on a eloquent prose that Wilde, Joyce, Tone et al would have been proud of. It went along these lines:

"I lost me bleedin' suit last night... me ma had to iron me clothes for me today... Jaysus this is some craic innit, where’s the gargle... Bunch of legends yiz are."

And the lads from the shed started chanting "Dylan Connolly, have you any fags?"
Mon the Town!

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:41 am

ArFella wrote:Connolly was on stage in jeans and a 'Dundalk Champions' t-shirt while everyone else was in their cup final suits went on a eloquent prose that Wilde, Joyce, Tone et al would have been proud of. It went along these lines:

"I lost me bleedin' suit last night... me ma had to iron me clothes for me today... Jaysus this is some craic innit, where’s the gargle... Bunch of legends yiz are."

And the lads from the shed started chanting "Dylan Connolly, have you any fags?"

Lol why is that not at all surprising lol. Lifes like a box of choclates for him...

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:02 pm

dell1 wrote:
ArFella wrote:Connolly was on stage in jeans and a 'Dundalk Champions' t-shirt while everyone else was in their cup final suits went on a eloquent prose that Wilde, Joyce, Tone et al would have been proud of. It went along these lines:

Lol why is that not at all surprising lol. Lifes like a box of choclates for him...

It was funny to be fair, he's just a young fella full of drink standing in front of hundreds of people. He didn't do anything embarrassing which, for a second, I thought he was heading!!!
King Kenny!

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:38 pm

colymull wrote:
dell1 wrote:

It was funny to be fair, he's just a young fella full of drink standing in front of hundreds of people. He didn't do anything embarrassing which, for a second, I thought he was heading!!!

He wasn't the only one apparently. I couldn't make it down but just stood in the garden and could hear every word perfectly. The mental picture of Mal (allegedly) preventing an animated Stephen Kenny from falling off the stage is something that just won't go away.

Going back to Dylan, he's not unlike another "header" who Stephen inherited when he took over, and look how he's turned out!

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:40 pm

They certainly deserve all the celebrations!

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:42 pm

colymull wrote:
dell1 wrote:

And no mention of any other club as part of it!

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:41 pm

dell1 wrote:
colymull wrote:
dell1 wrote:

And no mention of any other club as part of it!

Dell when a team like ours is so used to success and humble in victory we don't need to resort to singing waiter impersonations!!
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Postby McNultys Discopants » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:49 pm

oldfogey wrote:
colymull wrote:It was funny to be fair, he's just a young fella full of drink standing in front of hundreds of people. He didn't do anything embarrassing which, for a second, I thought he was heading!!!

He wasn't the only one apparently. I couldn't make it down but just stood in the garden and could hear every word perfectly. The mental picture of Mal (allegedly) preventing an animated Stephen Kenny from falling off the stage is something that just won't go away.

As you weren't there I'll just correct the mental picture for ya - The King was in no danger of falling off the stage at any time, just a man on a high and loving every minute of the celebrations.

Return to “General Discussion”