FAI Cup 2018

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Post Reply
User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2401
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by El Paso » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:22 pm

After a lot of niggle on social media the last couple of years the mutual respect post-match has been much better. LOI fans have far more in common than differences. Caulfield suggested quite a few were on their way out. I hope they don't fall away. I prefer this rivalry to having to tolerate Shamrock Rovers thuggery.



leesider
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by leesider » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:39 pm

El Paso wrote: I prefer this rivalry to having to tolerate Shamrock Rovers thuggery.
Ah go on, sure you know you love them :)

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2401
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by El Paso » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Dylan Connolly in the Square... LMAO

User avatar
OHare
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 664
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:04 pm
Location: dundalk

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by OHare » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Wasn't sure if it was Dylan Connolly or Conor mc Gregor on the mic

dell1
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 am

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by dell1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:33 am

What'd he say? Not a McNulty job I hope lol

User avatar
ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: Dundalk

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by ArFella » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:29 am

Connolly was on stage in jeans and a 'Dundalk Champions' t-shirt while everyone else was in their cup final suits went on a eloquent prose that Wilde, Joyce, Tone et al would have been proud of. It went along these lines:

"I lost me bleedin' suit last night... me ma had to iron me clothes for me today... Jaysus this is some craic innit, where’s the gargle... Bunch of legends yiz are."

And the lads from the shed started chanting "Dylan Connolly, have you any fags?"
Mon the Town!

dell1
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 am

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by dell1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:41 am

ArFella wrote:Connolly was on stage in jeans and a 'Dundalk Champions' t-shirt while everyone else was in their cup final suits went on a eloquent prose that Wilde, Joyce, Tone et al would have been proud of. It went along these lines:

"I lost me bleedin' suit last night... me ma had to iron me clothes for me today... Jaysus this is some craic innit, where’s the gargle... Bunch of legends yiz are."

And the lads from the shed started chanting "Dylan Connolly, have you any fags?"
Lol why is that not at all surprising lol. Lifes like a box of choclates for him...

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2567
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Location: Dundalk

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by colymull » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:02 pm

dell1 wrote:
ArFella wrote:Connolly was on stage in jeans and a 'Dundalk Champions' t-shirt while everyone else was in their cup final suits went on a eloquent prose that Wilde, Joyce, Tone et al would have been proud of. It went along these lines:

"I lost me bleedin' suit last night... me ma had to iron me clothes for me today... Jaysus this is some craic innit, where’s the gargle... Bunch of legends yiz are."

And the lads from the shed started chanting "Dylan Connolly, have you any fags?"
Lol why is that not at all surprising lol. Lifes like a box of choclates for him...
It was funny to be fair, he's just a young fella full of drink standing in front of hundreds of people. He didn't do anything embarrassing which, for a second, I thought he was heading!!!
King Kenny!

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1585
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by oldfogey » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:38 pm

colymull wrote:
dell1 wrote:
ArFella wrote:Connolly was on stage in jeans and a 'Dundalk Champions' t-shirt while everyone else was in their cup final suits went on a eloquent prose that Wilde, Joyce, Tone et al would have been proud of. It went along these lines:

"I lost me bleedin' suit last night... me ma had to iron me clothes for me today... Jaysus this is some craic innit, where’s the gargle... Bunch of legends yiz are."

And the lads from the shed started chanting "Dylan Connolly, have you any fags?"
Lol why is that not at all surprising lol. Lifes like a box of choclates for him...
It was funny to be fair, he's just a young fella full of drink standing in front of hundreds of people. He didn't do anything embarrassing which, for a second, I thought he was heading!!!
He wasn't the only one apparently. I couldn't make it down but just stood in the garden and could hear every word perfectly. The mental picture of Mal (allegedly) preventing an animated Stephen Kenny from falling off the stage is something that just won't go away.

Going back to Dylan, he's not unlike another "header" who Stephen inherited when he took over, and look how he's turned out!

dell1
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 am

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by dell1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:40 pm

They certainly deserve all the celebrations!

dell1
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 am

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by dell1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:42 pm

colymull wrote:
dell1 wrote:
ArFella wrote:Connolly was on stage in jeans and a 'Dundalk Champions' t-shirt while everyone else was in their cup final suits went on a eloquent prose that Wilde, Joyce, Tone et al would have been proud of. It went along these lines:

"I lost me bleedin' suit last night... me ma had to iron me clothes for me today... Jaysus this is some craic innit, where’s the gargle... Bunch of legends yiz are."

And the lads from the shed started chanting "Dylan Connolly, have you any fags?"
Lol why is that not at all surprising lol. Lifes like a box of choclates for him...
It was funny to be fair, he's just a young fella full of drink standing in front of hundreds of people. He didn't do anything embarrassing which, for a second, I thought he was heading!!!
And no mention of any other club as part of it!

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6000
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:41 pm

dell1 wrote:
colymull wrote:
dell1 wrote:
Lol why is that not at all surprising lol. Lifes like a box of choclates for him...
It was funny to be fair, he's just a young fella full of drink standing in front of hundreds of people. He didn't do anything embarrassing which, for a second, I thought he was heading!!!
And no mention of any other club as part of it!
Dell when a team like ours is so used to success and humble in victory we don't need to resort to singing waiter impersonations!!
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

User avatar
McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Post by McNultys Discopants » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:49 pm

oldfogey wrote:
colymull wrote: It was funny to be fair, he's just a young fella full of drink standing in front of hundreds of people. He didn't do anything embarrassing which, for a second, I thought he was heading!!!
He wasn't the only one apparently. I couldn't make it down but just stood in the garden and could hear every word perfectly. The mental picture of Mal (allegedly) preventing an animated Stephen Kenny from falling off the stage is something that just won't go away.
As you weren't there I'll just correct the mental picture for ya - The King was in no danger of falling off the stage at any time, just a man on a high and loving every minute of the celebrations.

Post Reply