FAI Cup 2018

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: FAI Cup 2018

Postby seand » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:17 am

El Paso wrote:If Bohs win today are they guaranteed Euro football or does 4th place in the League take precedence? Still looking for a bonus if Rovers missing Europe to add to our double!

League team takes precedent or cup runners-up, it's a UEFA directive and the national associations don't have any discretion. It's been that way for a few years now- edit, make that the 2015-16 season. Hull sneaked into EL in 2014 but Villa didn't in 2015.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:25 am

Soooooo

If Bohs make the final and Waterford pip Rovers to third we either win the Double or Rovers get knocked out of Europe! Win/Win!

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:34 am

transitvan74 wrote:
dundalkfc1903 wrote:Dont think we're in a position to complain after what Cleary got away with on Friday.
what world are you living in ,what has the foul cleary made on fri night got do do with that balls of a decision to give a penalty to cork . what cleary did was a clear foul and was punished

Relax son. We got the benefit of a terrible decision on Friday night, Cleary deserved a straight red and probably a two/three game ban. Cork benefited from debatable decision two days later. Thats the link, pretty simple. I live in the real world, what world do you live in?

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:09 pm

It's worth remembering that a red card of any sort (straight or two yellows) would result in a player missing the cup final. I would imagine referees are concious of this.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:32 pm

oldfogey wrote:It's worth remembering that a red card of any sort (straight or two yellows) would result in a player missing the cup final. I would imagine referees are concious of this.

That should never enter a good referees mind when making a decision.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:42 pm

We don't have good referees. We have easily influenced referees.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:34 pm

I wonder will the club try to minimise the usual nonsense that comes with FAI Cup Final ticket distribution system courtesy of Tickermaster?

It would be great if the club has learned the lessons of the previous TM disasters where blocks in the corners were released at first to the early buyers. Maybe if the club took blocks of tickets for sale to fans the usual ticket trauma could be reduced?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:53 pm

Isn’t some of that due to the women’s final?

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:58 am

Ezeikial wrote:I wonder will the club try to minimise the usual nonsense that comes with FAI Cup Final ticket distribution system courtesy of Tickermaster?

It would be great if the club has learned the lessons of the previous TM disasters where blocks in the corners were released at first to the early buyers. Maybe if the club took blocks of tickets for sale to fans the usual ticket trauma could be reduced?

I think the FAI dictate policy here. Visually they won't want pockets of Dundalk fans with gaps. In addition, each block opened up means hiring more stewards. I'm also assuming that - irrespective of whether it's Cork or Bohs - we will the same end as usual.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:22 am

oldfogey wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:I wonder will the club try to minimise the usual nonsense that comes with FAI Cup Final ticket distribution system courtesy of Tickermaster?

I think the FAI dictate policy here. Visually they won't want pockets of Dundalk fans with gaps. In addition, each block opened up means hiring more stewards. I'm also assuming that - irrespective of whether it's Cork or Bohs - we will the same end as usual.

What way do the allocate the end each team gets? Is there a reason we always get the small end?
King Kenny!

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:00 pm

colymull wrote:
oldfogey wrote:

What way do the allocate the end each team gets? Is there a reason we always get the small end?

I presume it's logistics. We're coming from the north so we get the north end of the stadium, Cork get the south end.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:15 pm

seand wrote:
colymull wrote:
oldfogey wrote:

I presume it's logistics. We're coming from the north so we get the north end of the stadium, Cork get the south end.

That’s an obvious point that I never thought off!! What if it’s Bohs though, won’t we all be coming from a northerly direction?
King Kenny!

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:17 pm

seand wrote:
colymull wrote:
oldfogey wrote:

I think there was also a (stupid) assumption the first year that Cork would substantially outnumber us. I think if Bohs make the final you could see a large number of Dubs come out, even though they might not be from Phibsboro.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:15 pm

oldfogey wrote:

Of course it's an FAI gig and they make policy decisions. That does not mean that the club have no influence in any aspect of ticket distribution.

You only have to look back over each of the previous cup final ticket threads to see how much of a fiasco the Ticketmaster distribution (overseen by the FAI) can be, and how it impacts on fans.

The club can and should be proactive in trying to ensure that buying a ticket for a match that will not sell out will not turn into the now normal ordeal for supporters.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Good initiative here and kudos to whoever is behind it

FAI CUP FINALS CLUB TICKET OFFER

Bring your team to the Aviva Stadium to experience the atmosphere at FAI Cup Finals Day on Sunday, 4th November 2018.

The Irish Daily Mail FAI Cup Final and Continental Tyres FAI Women’s Cup Final is the most important day in the Irish domestic football calendar and is an opportunity for members of the football family from all across the country to come together to celebrate the beautiful game.

All clubs are offered the opportunity to avail of free tickets to bring Under-16 and younger teams. Clubs wishing to avail of this offer must sign up here: https://bit.ly/2DS7NNx

It is expected that clubs will bring one adult for every 4 players.

https://www.dundalkfc.com/fai-cup-final ... ket-offer/

Return to “General Discussion”