Dundalk V FCI Levadia Tallinn | Thurs 17 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR1 2nd Leg

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V FCI Levadia Tallinn | Thurs 17 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR1 2nd Leg

Postby dell » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:10 pm

I would say harder work than need be but not hard work. I thought it was a pretty well managed game bar conceding just before HT (again),

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V FCI Levadia Tallinn | Thurs 17 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR1 2nd Leg

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Sneachta wrote:So is the Sligo game postponed? Made hard work of that tonight

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Yes Sligo match is postponed and will be refixed at some point in the future after Euro progress is clear

The next match is against AEK Larnaca next Thursday 23 July
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:50 pm

Brilliant result - performance that was nervy in patches

Levadia turned out to be a much better team than it appeared from the first leg. A tough team with plenty of football in them, although they should have got a straight red cad for the horror tackle in the first half and the ref bottled a second yellow for the number 9.

Incredible goal from Michael Duffy and Pat Hoban's was none too shabby either.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:59 pm

Yes we'll definitely need to step in up a notch to get past larnaca. Benson and Connolly were terrible. Gannon Duffy and McGrath were very good. Incredible goal by mickey Duffy.
Good for hoban to get a European goal but thought he was ineffective other than that.
Is our P.A. intent on killing any atmosphere in the ground? . Egotistical knobhead.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:00 pm

Stephen Kenny post-match audio (with a running commentary by Gerry Malone)

https://audioboom.com/posts/6939240-stephen-kenny

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:11 pm

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:19 pm

Michael Duffy video interview on DFCTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 7hCqDi0x0c

Quayman
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Quayman » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:37 pm

We rode our luck alot tonight. From rogers onwards with some very dodgy kicking early on right through to hoban misplacing passes we seriously were hit with the jitters all game. On a plus side. That's probably the best goal ever scored at oriel tonight from duffy. I hope there are bank breaking negotiations going on behind the scenes to get him signed up on a new deal.
Neale Fenn....SCUM

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:04 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote:Yes we'll definitely need to step in up a notch to get past larnaca. Benson and Connolly were terrible. Gannon Duffy and McGrath were very good. Incredible goal by mickey Duffy.
Good for hoban to get a European goal but thought he was ineffective other than that.
Is our P.A. intent on killing any atmosphere in the ground? . Egotistical knobhead.

I have to disageee i thought Connolly was decent, full back was very nervous playing him and he got a lot of free kicks also attacked the line and without his speed and strength we would not have witnessed probably the best goal ever scored at Oriel Park. Atmosphere was rocking in the shed, apart from the last five minutes of the first half when it emptied for the bar and they scored. I hope they learned their lesson for next week. Heard it was quiet over on the stand side, they could have stood up at least once for the Lillywhite, still a brilliant tonight, everyone in Dundalk together as one and that goal, beautiful

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Dundalk V FCI Levadia Tallinn | Thurs 17 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR1 2nd Leg

Postby Sneachta » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:27 am

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:
dundalkfc1903 wrote:Yes we'll definitely need to step in up a notch to get past larnaca. Benson and Connolly were terrible. Gannon Duffy and McGrath were very good. Incredible goal by mickey Duffy.

I have to disageee i thought Connolly was decent, full back was very nervous playing him and he got a lot of free kicks also attacked the line and without his speed and strength we would not have witnessed probably the best goal ever scored at Oriel Park. Atmosphere was rocking in the shed, apart from the last five minutes of the first half when it emptied for the bar and they scored. I hope they learned their lesson for next week. Heard it was quiet over on the stand side, they could have stood up at least once for the Lillywhite, still a brilliant tonight, everyone in Dundalk together as one and that goal, beautiful
Watching the game from the stand side, it was clear to see Connolly making all the wrong runs. He crossed Gannon's path I dunno how many times. The fact that Gannon decided not to pass him the ball for the goal because he was in the wrong position, tells its own story. Some people (I had to look around, I'd say 50 in the stand) either gave Connolly a standng ovation or were delighted to see Adorjan come on. I didn't know which.

Nobody has mentioned Chris Shields???? The guy was head and shoulders above everyone tonight. Man of the match and only for him and if Tallinn had some decent finishing touches in the final third, we could have been in serious trouble.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

iloveduffy.com
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby iloveduffy.com » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:59 am

Great result. Love the Euro nights at Oriel, everything seems so professional, from walking in to the shed from behind the Carrick goals, to the black covering up behind the goals, more stewards etc even the away section looked tidy. As for the game, we did not play great at all but we still won and were relatively comfortable. Benson was terrible at times as was Massey for most of the game. He was always out of position, their goal came from Hoare loosing the ball and massey was nowhere near to help out. Rogers doesn't seem to know what to do from knockouts and some of his kicks from paperbacks were dodgy. Shields was brilliant, body on the line time after time. He's reading of the game and passing has improved a lot, should be considered as one of the first names on the teamsheet. Hoban was unable to do much, but did chase the ball and took his goal really well. Great to see both Chvedukas get some minutes and Kelly get on too. Hopefully we can improve for next week. Good times.
In Kenny we Trust

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:43 am

He goes Donaldesqe and mixes up Belgium and Sweden, love it

Guinney
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Guinney » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:40 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote:Is our P.A. intent on killing any atmosphere in the ground? . Egotistical knobhead.

Spot on. Mickey Duffy (the PA) did his all the ruin the atmosphere. He blares the music in the shed and if you're anywhere near a speaker it's unbearable. For the 30 minutes before the match I could hardly hear a word my mates next to me were saying. The lads in the shed were singing songs in the build up but it was ruined by Mickey Duffy playing nonsense music. Then he blabbers on for ages. He must like the sound of his own voice.
"The real test of those who like the beautiful game is to go and watch your local team." President Micheal D. higgins

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:59 am

As said on many posts above, definitely made hard work for this victory & I ask will we play as average again ? If so we are going to be in trouble. My forecast before the match was off the mark but at 2-0 up why did we not go all out & finish it off... Fair play Levadia who made a game of it even though they gave some of the heavy stuff & we're lucky not to have one or two sent off.

Two brilliant goals with the Duffy strike just first class. Shields gave yet another man of the match performance, he was outstanding on the park. Connolly should stay out wide more often, this can let Gannon bomb up the field & deliver good crosses into the box, just like for the two goals last night.

We need to step it up for next week & no doubt Stephen Kenny will have everything sorted & ready to go.

C'MON THE TOWN:

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:01 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Stephen Kenny post-match audio (with a running commentary by Gerry Malone)

https://audioboom.com/posts/6939240-stephen-kenny

It swings between "ridiculous" and "someone PLEASE take away his NUJ card". As he was giving a full rundown on each goal I could imagine SK thinking "is there a question coming 'cause there is nothing left to answer"

Return to “General Discussion”