Dundalk V AEK Larnaca | Thurs 26 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR2 1st Leg

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk V AEK Larnaca | Thurs 26 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR2 1st Leg

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:05 pm

ArFella wrote:
Johnny Guitar wrote:great atmosphere I really wish mickey duff would cut the shit out pre match. the shed were sing to their hearts content and you couldn't hear them in the stand. you want an atmosphere and we get and he kills it with nessun dorma.

OHare wrote:As for Nessun Dorma , I wonder is it Micky Duffy who decided this would be some sort of Unofficial Dundalk song for the year or was it The Club. Place turns to silence when its been played, but fair play to the SHED for trying to drown it out last night.

I too am fed up with Mickey Duffy, Nessun Dorma and playing music after we score. I sometime feel like he does it just to justify his job, which is a necessary one for important announcements like attendance or cars blocking entrances, but he's not the club DJ ffs. I have resorted to contacting the club to complain about it as it really does kill atmosphere and there is absolutely no need for it. I urge everyone who feels the same way about it to do the same and maybe someone at the club will have a word with him. You can send the club an email via the contact form on the club's website: https://www.dundalkfc.com/club/contact-information/

Done.

Totally agree and emailed through the website

Fwats
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk V AEK Larnaca | Thurs 26 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR2 1st Leg

Postby Fwats » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Done as well. Fully agreed.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:35 am

Really enjoyed that game, despite the clowncar ref. Think we did well to avoid giving them too many opportunities to dive once it became obvious what sort of ref he was. That whole Hoban thing was a farce, though.

We missed the better chances and, for all the goals we get, our chance conversion ratio seems quite poor. At this level we can’t afford it. Having said that we got away with having a very messy midfield. McGrath and Benson were all over the shop.

We’ll only know how good a result it is next week. Did they play it safe?... But a score draw and we win the tie, so advantage us you would think.

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ridleys regular » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:07 am

Brilliant european match played at a good tempo in an incredible atmosphere in op.What a night.
Not the result we wanted but still everything to play for next week.

The whole weeks build-up to the match in the local media both on and off line was incredible.You knew something BIG was coming to town.
Huge well done and a deserved bualadh bos also to the guys who put the flags and banners up around the town also,Trojan work.We're a small club in relative to Europe but we know how to arrange a party and how to celebrate it properly

I cant add much to the match summations already made here but on Shieldsey - have to say he is a club legend!
He plays here >> he plays there << he plays any fooking where!! <> la la la ....
Are there keys for the freedom of the town?

Slán,

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:42 am

"The supporters were amazing! Dundalk really showed itself to be proud of this team, we are very thankful for the sentiment of everyone’s good wishes and the level of passion shown around the place so we want to do it justice and hopefully we can" - Stephen Kenny
https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/10 ... 7731849218
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:46 am

Ridleys regular wrote:Brilliant european match played at a good tempo in an incredible atmosphere in op.What a night.
Not the result we wanted but still everything to play for next week.

The whole weeks build-up to the match in the local media both on and off line was incredible.You knew something BIG was coming to town.
Huge well done and a deserved bualadh bos also to the guys who put the flags and banners up around the town also,Trojan work.We're a small club in relative to Europe but we know how to arrange a party and how to celebrate it properly

I cant add much to the match summations already made here but on Shieldsey - have to say he is a club legend!
He plays here >> he plays there << he plays any fooking where!! <> la la la ....
Are there keys for the freedom of the town?

Slán,

Great points, well made
Roll on Sunday

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:15 am

AEKARA wrote:
Sneachta wrote:Now that you've seen the game and you know all about Dundalk, how do you think the tie will go next week? Will your four absentees return next week?

It has to be noted that your experienced players are all a year older. Still think they are able for the high tempo of European football?

It was a good game I thought. Both teams had chances. I hope your visiting supporters enjoyed the "close" and "welcoming" atmosphere. I had two Larnaca supporters sitting incognito in front of me. I think they were glad with a 0-0 after such an edgy and intense game.

Only Daniel Mojsov will return, tell me ur messenger name and we shall chat on their if u have Facebook/Messenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you think the game compared to last year when you played Cork?

AEKARA
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby AEKARA » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:57 am

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:
AEKARA wrote:
Sneachta wrote:Now that you've seen the game and you know all about Dundalk, how do you think the tie will go next week? Will your four absentees return next week?

It has to be noted that your experienced players are all a year older. Still think they are able for the high tempo of European football?

It was a good game I thought. Both teams had chances. I hope your visiting supporters enjoyed the "close" and "welcoming" atmosphere. I had two Larnaca supporters sitting incognito in front of me. I think they were glad with a 0-0 after such an edgy and intense game.

Only Daniel Mojsov will return, tell me ur messenger name and we shall chat on their if u have Facebook/Messenger.

How do you think the game compared to last year when you played Cork?

Cork are a step below you guys

michaelgreen2018
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby michaelgreen2018 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:16 pm

If you guys want to read an analysis of the game, you can translate the page via google

https://sportime.sigmalive.com/podosfai ... ri-analysi

Return to “General Discussion”