Dundalk V AEK Larnaca | Thurs 26 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR2 1st Leg

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V AEK Larnaca | Thurs 26 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR2 1st Leg

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Neil O'Riordan's earlier tweet indicated 4 absentees from the Larnaca squad

David Catala
Marios Antoniades
Vincent Laban
Florian Taulemesse.

with Daniel Mojsov an injury doubt

Paul Dollery in the above 42.ie article agrees on the above 4 and suggests another 3 absentees

Igor Silva
Vladimir Boljevic
Onisiforos Roushias.
Last edited by Ezeikial on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V AEK Larnaca | Thurs 26 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR2 1st Leg

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:48 am

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:46 am

Some very interesting comments from knowledgeable Cork fans on Twitter responding to Neil O'Riordans tweet of news of unavailale Larnaca players

Mark McCarthy
That's good news. Laban and Talulemesse were very dangerous when the played Cork City. Almost everything flowed through Laban.

The_Irishkieran
They have only signed a goalkeeper & Centre back along with a right back on loan. I know they signed Apostolos Giannou in January but Laban, Florian & Antoniadis will all be missed. Their backup Left back was with Doxa last season & wasn’t even in their squad for European games

Florian caused plenty of problems against Cork City last season. He is also a target man that brings the wingers into the game so he is not just a big miss with his goal scoring record. Full backs will be an issue now for Larnaca especially with Dundalk’s wingers

Truyols (Centre back) played Right back a number of times last year including against Cork City. They have signed 21 year old Brazilian Igor Silva on loan from Olympiacos 4 day’s ago but he only played 2 games for Olympiacos last season and has just arrived so might not start.

Truyols might play centre back since they’re missing 2 starters in that position. So Larnaca will likely have 2 back up full backs along with a new Centre back partnership. Missing a key midfielder and main Striker as well and it’s their first competitive game of the season

Unlike last year against Cork City they have a number of problems. So it can’t get much worse for Iraola

https://twitter.com/noriordan/status/10 ... 1320865794

shedsteve
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedsteve » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:00 pm

michaelgreen2018 wrote:
Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
AEKARA wrote:Hi, I’m an AEK Larnaka fan and have been for the past 24 years since we were formed... ask me anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Orielweb!
How do you rate your current side? I believe you have a few regular players missing for this game and a new manager. You beat Cork City last year, what was your opinion on them? It would be generally agreed that Dundalk play a complete different type
Of football to them. Think Of us as Manchester City compared to them as Stoke, so the challenge Larnaca face won’t be the same as last year

I believe that in the first 15 minutes, AEK Larnaca players will play conservatively and very close, not allowing Dundalk to do anything. This is because of the artificial grass.

After that, AEK will apply tremendous pressure on Dundalk, causing them for errors and scoring maybe a goal.

Our new coach, Iraola, is adamant on this, and he is saying time and again that we are going to apply so much pressure to the opponent until they can't take it anymore, so that they would fall into making errors, thus finding opportunities to score.

We'll see.

From what I have seen myself, Cork city is not that strong of a team compared to Dundalk. I still don't understand how they were champions last year...

Bring it on! Confident we can retain the ball, pass it round despite the 'tremendous pressure'! If ye come at us we have players who can hurt you on the break.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:07 pm

The larnaca squad out having a coffee in the square this morning

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:10 pm

Shoco wrote:The larnaca squad out having a coffee in the square this morning

Anyone lose their jumper?

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:09 pm

Larnaca team seen out jogging on the Dublin Rd this morning too!!
King Kenny!

Erimurph
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Erimurph » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Has anyone a spare stand ticket for tomorrow? Thanks.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Robbie Benson on LOI weekly podcast has given me renewed optimism for tomorrow night, was feeling very nervous. He mentioned the change in the mood in the crowd when Levaida was felt by the players, so we all need to stay calm and be ultra positive tomorrow night. We all have a role to play and we need a big showing from Shed side Army and together we will be victorious

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Dundalk FC Press Conference with Stephen Kenny and Brian Gartland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 75an7NpGcg

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:37 pm

DUNDALK V AEK LARNACA: MATCH INFORMATION

https://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-v-aek ... formation/

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:18 pm

No big surprises here - but then there rarely is in published Team News:

Team news

Stephen O’Donnell continues his recovery from a broken leg and remains out as does Stephen Folan who has a knee injury. Sam Byrne also misses out with a hamstring injured.

https://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-aek-larnaca/

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:44 pm

michaelgreen2018 wrote:
Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
AEKARA wrote:Hi, I’m an AEK Larnaka fan and have been for the past 24 years since we were formed... ask me anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Orielweb!
How do you rate your current side? I believe you have a few regular players missing for this game and a new manager. You beat Cork City last year, what was your opinion on them? It would be generally agreed that Dundalk play a complete different type
Of football to them. Think Of us as Manchester City compared to them as Stoke, so the challenge Larnaca face won’t be the same as last year

I believe that in the first 15 minutes, AEK Larnaca players will play conservatively and very close, not allowing Dundalk to do anything. This is because of the artificial grass.

After that, AEK will apply tremendous pressure on Dundalk, causing them for errors and scoring maybe a goal.

Our new coach, Iraola, is adamant on this, and he is saying time and again that we are going to apply so much pressure to the opponent until they can't take it anymore, so that they would fall into making errors, thus finding opportunities to score.

We'll see.

From what I have seen myself, Cork city is not that strong of a team compared to Dundalk. I still don't understand how they were champions last year...

They had a brilliant striker who is now playing in England. Dundalk had a “hangover” from the Europa League group stages that meant that we had to prolong our season and shorten the preparations for the next season

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:31 pm

Will the official website be streaming the game for those fans outside Ireland or on hols who won’t have access to Eirsport??

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:48 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:Will the official website be streaming the game for those fans outside Ireland or on hols who won’t have access to Eirsport??

No announcement that I have seen

Try skorlive.com

Return to “General Discussion”