Dundalk V Cobh Ramblers | Fri 10 Aug | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | FAI Cup 1st Round

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Dundalk V Cobh Ramblers | Fri 10 Aug | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | FAI Cup 1st Round

Postby El Paso » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:12 am

So after Monday's debacle we meet again...

Team I want to see start:
Rogers
Gannon-Cleary-Gartland-Jarvis
Shields
Mountney-McGrath-Benson-Duffy
Hoban

I'd like to see us not so top heavy with McGrath deeper and being more involved in midfield, with midfield as a whole pressing and Shields covering. Mountney needs more game time going into the final stretch. If possible Murray and Chvedukas need to come in as subs reasonably early for some more badly needed match practice.

Edit: Thanks oldfogey!
Last edited by El Paso on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V Cobh Ramblers | Fri 10 Aug | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | FAI Cup 1st Round

Postby oldfogey » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:53 am

I believe that - like McEleney - Hoare is out for 10 days.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Dundalk V Cobh Ramblers | Fri 10 Aug | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | FAI Cup 1st Round

Postby Sneachta » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:17 am

I'd expect nothing but an absolute back lash after yesterday's result. While showing respect to Cobh with the result they got against us, I'd expect a 3 or 4 nil win. It must be an utterly urgent and professional performance. Looking forward to a Sean Gannon return.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:22 pm

El Paso wrote:So after Monday's debacle we meet again...

Team I want to see start:
Rogers
Gannon-Cleary-Gartland-Jarvis
Shields
Mountney-McGrath-Benson-Duffy
Hoban

I'd like to see us not so top heavy with McGrath deeper and being more involved in midfield, with midfield as a whole pressing and Shields covering. Mountney needs more game time going into the final stretch. If possible Murray and Chvedukas need to come in as subs reasonably early for some more badly needed match practice.

Edit: Thanks oldfogey!

Ageeed. Looking forward to it. I know crowd might be low and slightly deflated but I hope we create a positive atmosphere and get behind the team and set us for the final stretch

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:36 pm

I work with a lad who's the dad of a Cobh player. He said they were a bit disappointed Stephen Kenny didn't go into them after the match on Monday and that during the handshakes on the pitch Kenny was more interested in giving out to the ref. Dunno what anyone else thinks, but I think that's a pity. I'd rather we always had the moral high ground on this stuff compared to the pettiness of your Caulfields, Shiels and Bradleys

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:38 pm

Incidentally the club have rolled out an online ticketing purchase for this game AND prices are reduced!

Go to https://www.dundalkfc.com/match-tickets/

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:35 pm

El Paso wrote:Incidentally the club have rolled out an online ticketing purchase for this game AND prices are reduced!

Go to https://www.dundalkfc.com/match-tickets/

Very positive development - kudos to those who got this sorted.

It's also good to note that there are no fees or charges attached
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:02 am

It's brilliant news. Bought my tickets this evening saving having to queue. Another small step in the right direction

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:24 am

El Paso wrote:I work with a lad who's the dad of a Cobh player. He said they were a bit disappointed Stephen Kenny didn't go into them after the match on Monday and that during the handshakes on the pitch Kenny was more interested in giving out to the ref. Dunno what anyone else thinks, but I think that's a pity. I'd rather we always had the moral high ground on this stuff compared to the pettiness of your Caulfields, Shiels and Bradleys

So, biggest victory of their lives and all they're interested in is the reaction of Stephen Kenny. It's not as if they played out of their skins to get the victory. We looked like an average Div 1 team.

Is this a standard requirement that any Co Cork team has to obsessed with Dundalk?

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:10 am

El Paso wrote:I work with a lad who's the dad of a Cobh player. He said they were a bit disappointed Stephen Kenny didn't go into them after the match on Monday and that during the handshakes on the pitch Kenny was more interested in giving out to the ref. Dunno what anyone else thinks, but I think that's a pity. I'd rather we always had the moral high ground on this stuff compared to the pettiness of your Caulfields, Shiels and Bradleys

I'm not at all sure about this.

Is it normal practice for managers to visit the opponents dressing room? Congratulations or commiserations normally happen on the pitch post match.

Is your work mate saying that SK did not shake hands on the pitch?

It does not sound like there is anything in this
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:37 am

Sounds like BS to me. On the night of their greatest ever victory and reaching their first ever major cup final and this comes out. The night we defeated Bate in Tallaght springs to mind and I don't think the Bate manager came near our dressing room!! It wouldn't matter if he did or didn't and Id suspect the players would have been on such a high to even notice! Now, if hes saying that Kenny didn't shake hands with Hendo, that's a different matter. I suspect that Kenny is better than that although as Townfan says, he was very animated towards the end of the match.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Don’t put words in my mouth.

I said ‘bit disappointed’. That’s all it was. And only because of who he is - the highest achieving manager they’re ever likely to play against. And yes under those circumstances serial winners like Kenny often do. The same guy has always spoken highly of Kenny because his other son played for UCC the time we beat them 5-0, and Kenny did go into them that time and made them all feel 10 feet tall. That’s all.

Yes he did shake hands with Henderson, then made a beeline for the ref.

They also expect to be hockeyed on Friday because they put everything into Monday

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:40 pm

How about Mountney in central midfield? Might add an extra bit of steel.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:53 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:How about Mountney in central midfield? Might add an extra bit of steel.

Does he have the passing ability do you think? Might be good in the Shields role if he was out.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:39 pm

El Paso wrote:
dundalkfc1903 wrote:How about Mountney in central midfield? Might add an extra bit of steel.

Does he have the passing ability do you think? Might be good in the Shields role if he was out.

I'd play john in place of connolly. Offers more defensively and going forward
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Return to “General Discussion”