Limerick V Dundalk | Fri 31 Aug | 7.45pm | Market's Field

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Weelilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Limerick V Dundalk | Fri 31 Aug | 7.45pm | Market's Field

Postby Weelilywhite » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:02 pm

I realise that this is not the thread, but two interesting items on Twitter that people may have missed.

League of Ireland reposted an article they posted in Feb with 2018 predictions: http://leagueofireland.ie/index.php/201 ... eason/Only 3 out of the 8 people questioned, tipped Dundalk to win the title and these included Andy Boyle and Paddy Barrett who predicted Pat Hoban as player of the year.( Tony O Donoghue predicted Cork)

As previously advised by someone on this forum, John O' Connor is a Bohs fan who tweets articles on LOI clubs. His recent one on Sligo Rovers with comparisons is interesting.
REVENUE STREAMS €000’s
2014 2015 2016 2017 Total

Cork City 1,344 1,505 2,156 2,735 7,741
Sligo 1,475 1,048 1,068 1,057 4,648
Bohs 849 524 801 534 3,508
Finn Harps 253 316 442 465 1,476
Cork City have increased their playing budget from (€669k) in 2015 to (€894k) in 2017

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ridleys regular » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:31 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Ridleys regular wrote:i think the abuse that connolly & bob are getting both at games & online is terrible and i wish people would stop it.
i'm no holy joe that came up the castletown river from the middle-east in the last 5 mins....
but we're on the run in to a possible title here and although it can be hard, and the added frustration of seeing fellas you know are decent players but u believe are not trying a yard in a tight game - it can be hard to hold back.
leave it out,bite the tounge,

Abuse of players (or anyone else) no matter what the circumstances is wrong.

I'd like to hear your views on a genuine question around this -

Do you see criticism or commentary that is not abusive as wrong also, and are you calling on people on this forum only to say positive things?

What about groans or other negative (non-abusive) shouts in the ground when a player makes a mistake - how do you feel about that?

That happens all the time at oriel :-)
You could be playing the match of your life in a Dundalk shirt and for one short or mis laid pass you'll be called a slow boloxxxx for that small mistake from some part of the ground.

what annoys me most are guys who pick on a player who is temporally out of form and people are needling them on social media before a match even f'inng starts!Lets be honest here,we have all seen this?There is no need for that.And worse again is that they tag them to the equation !

Anyway,we're on the road here to another league.at least - only for Maguire at Cork last season they'd have won nothing and we'd be celebrating 5 in a row -

IMO

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ridleys regular » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:34 am

Ridleys regular wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Ridleys regular wrote:i think the abuse that connolly & bob are getting both at games & online is terrible and i wish people would stop it.
i'm no holy joe that came up the castletown river from the middle-east in the last 5 mins....
but we're on the run in to a possible title here and although it can be hard, and the added frustration of seeing fellas you know are decent players but u believe are not trying a yard in a tight game - it can be hard to hold back.
leave it out,bite the tounge,

Abuse of players (or anyone else) no matter what the circumstances is wrong.

I'd like to hear your views on a genuine question around this -

Do you see criticism or commentary that is not abusive as wrong also, and are you calling on people on this forum only to say positive things?

What about groans or other negative (non-abusive) shouts in the ground when a player makes a mistake - how do you feel about that?

That happens all the time at oriel :-)
You could be playing the match of your life in a Dundalk shirt and for one short or mis laid pass you'll be called a slow boloxxxx for that small mistake from some part of the ground.

what annoys me most are guys who pick on a player who is temporally out of form and people are needling them on social media before a match even f'inng starts!Lets be honest here,we have all seen this?There is no need for that.And worse again is that they tag them into the equation !

Anyway,we're on the road here to another league title.at least - only for Maguire at Cork last season they'd have won nothing and we'd be celebrating 5 in a row soon

IMO

Return to “General Discussion”