2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

iloveduffy.com
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Postby iloveduffy.com » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:52 pm

Starting XI based on who is signed already for next year

Rogers
Gannon Gartland Hoare Jarvis
Shields Chvedukas
McGrath McEleney Duffy
Hoban

Subs
Cleary Folan Connolly Murray Byrne Kelly

Preseume Massey and Benson will be offered a deal and Mountney too.

If those three stay that's 20 players.

Players out of contract
Sava Tracey Poynton ODonnell
Can't see odonnell playing much again, sava can easily be replaced and poynton deserves first team football, back to Bohs.
So a new keeper to really challenge Rogers(who was great this year), a better back up for gannon, a right sided winger(improvement on Connolly) and maybe a central midfielder like Bastien Hery to challenge Benson.

In Kenny we Trust

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Unless I have missed it, Ronan Murray is out of contract at the end of this season
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Postby Sneachta » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Unless I have missed it, Ronan Murray is out of contract at the end of this season
I would not like to see him let go. He had a great start to the season but seemed to fall out of favour and when brought on, did the job asked of him. Last Friday a prime example of that. Would be disappointed if he was let go. Still has plenty to offer

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Ronan Murray definitely signed a one year deal as did Benson, the latter appears to be giving hints he will sign back, Murray might think otherwise, hasn't been used as much as he would have hoped I'd say, but still a very good player, I wouldn't be happy seeing him leave.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 pm

iloveduffy.com wrote:Starting XI based on who is signed already for next year

Rogers
Shields Chvedukas
McGrath McEleney Duffy
Hoban

Subs

Players out of contract
Can't see odonnell playing much again, sava can easily be replaced and poynton deserves first team football, back to Bohs.
So a new keeper to really challenge Rogers(who was great this year), a better back up for gannon, a right sided winger(improvement on Connolly) and maybe a central midfielder like Bastien Hery to challenge Benson.

iloveduffy.com wrote:Starting XI based on who is signed already for next year

Rogers
Shields Chvedukas
McGrath McEleney Duffy
Hoban

Subs

Players out of contracti

Hery is under contract at Waterford for at least one more year, maybe 2. McEnfeff on the other hand is out of contract on 31/10, I'd be having him immediately. The prefect player to compliment how we play in MF, and would feel right at home with the other Derry boys.

We can't be all gung ho though, probably need to balance this by getting a defensive MF and a right sided man in too.

I think all other areas look covered, as long as Massey signs back, well we need to start looking at a replacement for Rogers at some point, so next season might be an idea to get an understoody who can not only step in for cover (like Sava) but one who can ultimately take over the reigns.

iloveduffy.com
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby iloveduffy.com » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:59 pm

Yes, can't find anything about length of Murray's deal, must just be the year so.
In Kenny we Trust

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Postby shep » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:18 am

Aaron Mc Carey ..currently impressing at Warrenpoint after a long spell in England is supposedly coming as back up to Rogers...had heard this earlier in the week from someone who knows him from Scotstown GAA circles. I also saw it tweeted on LOI rumors yesterday so maybe something to it.Former Ireland u21 international and the type of profile which Kenny relishes..getting a player back to his best.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:21 am

Daniel McDonnell adds some credibility to rumours of SK being interested in Daragh Leahy and Daniel Kelly

Also some comments from SK on Oriel Park and his managerial ambitions

Bolton could scupper LOI big guns' Daniel Kelly move

Daniel McDonnell

Dundalk, Cork City and Shamrock Rovers are all keen on Bohemians surprise package Daniel Kelly.

But their attempts to sign the flying winger could be thwarted by Championship side Bolton Wanderers who are interested in taking a look at the Dubliner.

Late-developer Kelly has taken the League of Ireland by storm this year after making the step up from Leinster Senior League level.

He signed for Bray Wanderers last winter and their financial difficulties led to his mid-season switch to Bohemians where he has starred as a right-sided attacking threat.

The Gypsies are desperate to keep hold of their new hero but he is attracted by the prospect of a move into full-time football.

League champions Dundalk are interested in the 22-year-old, while Shamrock Rovers are also monitoring his situation.

Kelly destroyed Cork in a league game last month with a brace that really put him on the map and John Caulfield would like to speak to the player, although geography often works against the Leesiders when they compete for individuals in the Dublin market.

However, the League of Ireland sides could all miss out if Bolton follow through on their curiosity with Kelly's speed the main reason that he's come onto their radar.

Bohs' part-time status means they are vulnerable to raids from other clubs and manager Keith Long could face a frustrating off-season.

Monday's FAI Cup defeat in Cork was a bitter disappointment for Bohs and suspensions for Kelly and centre-half Dan Casey stiffened their task.

Caulfield also rates Casey and left-back Darragh Leahy but will face competition if they try to tempt them down south.

Leahy has been non-committal on his Bohs future and is firmly in Dundalk's sights, although they are strong in that area with Dane Massey expected to sign a new deal and Dean Jarvis a high-quality back-up.

Dundalk manager Stephen Kenny last night dropped another hint that he would like the club's American owners to upgrade Oriel Park.

He referenced inadequate facilities as one of the problems faced by the league in an interview with 'Off The Ball'.

"Stadiums - our own at Dundalk for example - are nowhere near good enough and these are things that hold us back," said Kenny.

The 46-year-old admitted that he would have long-term ambitions to manage Ireland, but dismissed it as a short-term talking point given that Martin O'Neill is in the job.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 07440.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:23 am

shep wrote:Aaron Mc Carey ..currently impressing at Warrenpoint after a long spell in England is supposedly coming as back up to Rogers...had heard this earlier in the week from someone who knows him from Scotstown GAA circles. I also saw it tweeted on LOI rumors yesterday so maybe something to it.Former Ireland u21 international and the type of profile which Kenny relishes..getting a player back to his best.

Assuming that Sava is leaving we will still have Ross Tracey as a 21 year old keeper. His contract is up this close season afaik so he'd hardly stick around to be bumped back to third choice again1? Kenny has seen what he needs to at this stage. Maybe its old school league of Ireland thinking but having 2 senior keepers and then having a third decent youth/U19 keeper if needed allows other areas to be strengthened rather than having 3 senior keepers imo.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:37 pm

dell1 wrote:
shep wrote:Aaron Mc Carey ..currently impressing at Warrenpoint after a long spell in England is supposedly coming as back up to Rogers...had heard this earlier in the week from someone who knows him from Scotstown GAA circles. I also saw it tweeted on LOI rumors yesterday so maybe something to it.Former Ireland u21 international and the type of profile which Kenny relishes..getting a player back to his best.

Assuming that Sava is leaving we will still have Ross Tracey as a 21 year old keeper. His contract is up this close season afaik so he'd hardly stick around to be bumped back to third choice again1? Kenny has seen what he needs to at this stage. Maybe its old school league of Ireland thinking but having 2 senior keepers and then having a third decent youth/U19 keeper if needed allows other areas to be strengthened rather than having 3 senior keepers imo.

That young lad at Bray Minogue I think his name is. Looked good in our last game there. Only 16 and could play for our u19s and back up for the senior keepers
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Louth4sam wrote:
dell1 wrote:

That young lad at Bray Minogue I think his name is. Looked good in our last game there. Only 16 and could play for our u19s and back up for the senior keepers

If I recall he got called up quite late for the game and had a stormer.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

butch
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby butch » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Rhys Mccabe of sligo is a player I'd like to see in dundalk Jersey, class act.
ill say this "this".

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:08 pm

butch wrote:Rhys Mccabe of sligo is a player I'd like to see in dundalk Jersey, class act.

He has been the pick of the Sligo players in matches against us this season, but I have doubts if he would add the sort of quality that we need to bridge the Euro gap exposed by Larnaca

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:10 pm

Reports emerging from Corks AGM that they have to drastically cut their budget for next year and they will have no choice but to sell/release some high earners.

I’m going to go with a very unpopular suggestion and say we should try and get McCormack up here. Skipper hasn’t got long left with injuries and age and I think McCormack would be an ideal replacement.
The natural balance of Irish football has returned for good.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:28 pm

McCormack is not as good as Shields currently is, and doesn’t have anything like the range of passing or footballing intelligence Skip has.

Amazed by that news. They’ve qualified for Europe, what on earth were they basing previous budgets on? The 200K from Preston?

Return to “General Discussion”