2019 & 2020 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:51 pm

Blackandwhite10 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:06 pm
Replacement for massey? 30 year old replacing 31 year old. Smart
80 games in the championship

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Carrick_Road » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:50 am

Id be more worried about getting in a striker than any other position.

Coincidently, our next opponents has a young lad on loan from Sheffield United who is hot on form in young David Parkhouse. Granted he is suspended for the next game. He is certainly someone who id like to see Dundalk make a punt for. Young, exciting and knows where the net is.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:55 am

Carrick_Road wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:50 am
Id be more worried about getting in a striker than any other position.

Coincidently, our next opponents has a young lad on loan from Sheffield United who is hot on form in young David Parkhouse. Granted he is suspended for the next game. He is certainly someone who id like to see Dundalk make a punt for. Young, exciting and knows where the net is.
Interesting, we have followed a similar policy for 6 years now, bringing in the best of the rest and while this has worked domestically it has failed to dramatically improve us on the European front. The owners and management talk of EL group stages but the current recruitment policy would suggest that this is unlikely to happen any time soon.

Also you are suggesting replacing the leagues top scorer with another striker within the league who has scored less. Is this an improvement? How would Parkhouse have done if up against Qarabag and Slovan? Is he even an improvement on Georgie?

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:19 pm

David Parkhouse is not yet 20 years old. He clearly has potential and his scoring record at Derry this season is impressive. He is hardly ready to storm Europe yet, but he is already showing a lot of promise
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:45 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:19 pm
David Parkhouse is not yet 20 years old. He clearly has potential and his scoring record at Derry this season is impressive. He is hardly ready to storm Europe yet, but he is already showing a lot of promise
And yellow cards. I believe he has hit 8, so this is his second suspension.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:56 pm

oldfogey wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:45 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:19 pm
And yellow cards. I believe he has hit 8, so this is his second suspension.
Discipline can be instilled into a player, less so the ability to score goals
DERRY CITY's leading goalscorer, David Parkhouse has been hit with an untimely one match suspension which will rule him out of Friday night's FAI Cup second round clash with holders, Dundalk at Brandywell.

The striker, who has netted 17 times this season has been in a rich vein of form of late, however, he is set to sit out the visit of Dundalk after receiving a one match ban, having accumulated eight yellow cards.
https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/foot ... -1-9038841
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:46 pm

I see Daniel Lafferty is gone to rovers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Towelie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Towelie » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Disappointed to miss out on him, seemed a good standard. They're getting some backing this season, Byrne, McEneff and Lafferty all targets of ours(not so sure about Byrne). Could see it all end in tears though.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:58 pm

Were we in for him? You'd expect us to match rvs financial package and more than match the players ambitions on the pitch? But worryingly for me I think too much of our business is being played out in the public eye if as reported he was due to sign for us.. rovers went and did thr business privately and got their man. Too many chinese whispers coming from oriel.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

muppet
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by muppet » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:07 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:58 pm
Were we in for him? You'd expect us to match rvs financial package and more than match the players ambitions on the pitch? But worryingly for me I think too much of our business is being played out in the public eye if as reported he was due to sign for us.. rovers went and did thr business privately and got their man. Too many chinese whispers coming from oriel.
How do you know these “whispers” came from oriel? Maybe his agent played a blinder and got more money for him from Rovers because of Dundalk’s “interest”.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:10 pm

Niall, tbh, I think you have that arse over tit. The hierarchy at the club are looking to clamp down on the release of information if anything. Looks like another case of an agent planted rumour.

Not sure how Rovers can afford all this, they were operating at a loss two seasons ago and wouldn’t have an income any higher than Cork’s, for example. They must owe that tax exile some amount.

Of course Rovers routinely signing players represented by Graham Barrett / Platinum One is nothing at all to do with Rovers’ new kiddy trafficking ‘youth policy’, being bankrolled by said tax exile...

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:30 pm

Have a strong feeling Rovers are spending the €3million that they officially havent got yet as a throw of the dice to get into the big money of the CL. Dangerous game should a Celtic shareholder decide not to invest......

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by thecaptain » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:21 pm

They've gotten a fair few quid all in the last 18 months from the Bazuna, Clarke, Bolger & Burke transfers as well don't forget. They're collecting left backs like Cork were collecting right backs at this stage!
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:42 pm

thecaptain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:21 pm
They've gotten a fair few quid all in the last 18 months from the Bazuna, Clarke, Bolger & Burke transfers as well don't forget. They're collecting left backs like Cork were collecting right backs at this stage!
Ironically they are fairly light at full back currently. With Trevor Clarke gone to Rotherham, James Furlong to Brighton this mid season on top of Luke Byrne and Allister Gilchrist leaving previously the only left back cover for Sean Kavanagh was Joey O'Brien.

I suspect that they will make another attempt to sign Lee Desmond from St Pats who would give them more defensive cover across the line, but a quality centre forward and a half decent manager remains elusive for them.

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:59 pm

thecaptain wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:21 pm
*Their accounts showed they were not close to making profits 2 years ago, they havent really reduced their budget or increased income (publically) since then. **They also owe their investor €1,5 million and if I remember rightly the academy was also in debt to the same amount, assume the transfer fees would be used for that. I would assume not having Cl money or serious Euro cash to date that not much has changed except the potential €3 million investment from Desmond....

2016: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/com ... -1.2909156
*https://leagueofirelandfinance.blogspot ... pdate.html
https://leagueofirelandfinance.blogspot ... 7.html?m=1

**https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer ... -1.2792395
It” is a €1.5 million investment, in the form of an interest free loan, that will be used to dramatically upgrade the football facilities at Cement Roadstone’s Sports and Social Club at Kingswood, a few minutes’ drive from the club’s Tallaght stadium and so provide the basis for a “more sustainable” future.