2019 & 2020 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by shep » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:28 pm

Get a new agent?

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:34 pm

I find it very strange.. he has been the club and leagues top goalscorer every season he has been with us.. and infact is the club's all time record goalscorer. Yet the club won't give him a new contract. Look none of us know what is going on behind the scenes.. are his demands unrealistic or do the club just want to play hardball? Does he just want parity with the likes of Duffy fats and boyle who were signed on long deals? Do the club think they won't make any money from him in a tf? Do they think they can get a cheaper better option in the UK? Who knows? But surely they should start negotiating as he is certainly proven at this level unlike Tagbejami who was brutal and hasn't scored since he left us! Yes he hasn't had a great season but that is by his standards. Nobody has been close to matching his goals with any other club in Ireland so we will need to look outside of the league as I don't think Georgie is ready or the answer yet.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:27 pm

Heard Cyprus for Hoooban

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
shep wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:33 pm
Hoban to Pats done deal is the latest word on the street. If so it certainly doesn’t reflect well for Hoban. It would imply he values money ahead of trophies. The only logical move I felt for him if he left Dundalk was to Rovers . A strange one of true.
If Dundalk have withdrawn the previous offer and don't offer a new deal, he will obviously sign for some other club. While I doubt any deal has been done, I don't see how opting for St Pats in this scenario would reflect badly on the player.

What would you suggest he should do?
Brexit?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:04 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:34 pm
I find it very strange.. he has been the club and leagues top goalscorer every season he has been with us.. and infact is the club's all time record goalscorer. Yet the club won't give him a new contract. Look none of us know what is going on behind the scenes.. are his demands unrealistic or do the club just want to play hardball? Does he just want parity with the likes of Duffy fats and boyle who were signed on long deals? Do the club think they won't make any money from him in a tf? Do they think they can get a cheaper better option in the UK? Who knows? But surely they should start negotiating as he is certainly proven at this level unlike Tagbejami who was brutal and hasn't scored since he left us! Yes he hasn't had a great season but that is by his standards. Nobody has been close to matching his goals with any other club in Ireland so we will need to look outside of the league as I don't think Georgie is ready or the answer yet.
Hoban has already said he was offered a new deal but didn’t accept it.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:35 pm

Georgie is the answer. Needs to be given 4 or 5 games in a row.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Some interesting comments from Vinny Perth

Dundalk FC head coach Vinny Perth addresses contract and player speculation, and praises club's owners

Dundalk FC head coach Vinny Perth made an impassioned plea for patience and privacy on information surrounding contract negotiations and injuries, as he batted away media speculation and rumours of which he says “very few have been on the money” over the past year.

The latest player linked with a move away from Oriel Park is 37-year-old record-breaking goalkeeper Gary Rogers, who is reportedly on the radar of Linfield, with UCD netminder Conor Kearns lined up as a possible replacement.

Young midfielder Jamie McGrath is another who is out of contract at the end of this campaign and he has attracted the attention of one high-profile English club, with his future undoubtedly lying across the water. Dundalk will hope to hold onto the classy 22-year-old for another season.

Record goalscorer Patrick Hoban’s future is another still up in the air. However, asked about contract renewals and in particular Rogers, Perth insisted it is too soon to be concerned about possible exits.

“It’s very early to be worried about losing anybody. We’re in talks with a lot of players at the moment, and a lot of different bits and pieces,” he said, speaking after Friday’s 1-0 home win over Cork City.

“There are a lot of rumours going around this club for the last year and very few of them have been on the money, to be honest with you. We’re not overly concerned by what rumours are coming out.

“We’re in a strong position, we’ve got a really good squad and I’m comfortable that we’re in a good place in that sense.”

But Perth has visibly become frustrated with the amount of speculation surrounding the club, its transfer dealings and injury prognoses.

Pressed on whether contract extensions would be announced before the end of the season, the head coach opened up, stating that this year’s achievements should have earned him and the club “a little bit of trust”.

“To be honest, I’m going to be smart for a second, there will be words on the contracts when the contracts are sorted,” Perth said.

“It works both ways – players have lives and the club have different bits and pieces to do. There is no sort of rush on any of that stuff, there is no big panic. That is other people’s concern more than ours.

“Everyone wants to know about our injuries, everyone wants to know about our contracts, everyone wants to know everything. A lot of stuff is happening, a lot of stuff is going on behind the scenes and this club is in the best hands it has ever been in. I believe that.

“We have got the best owners we could hope for – probably the best in League of Ireland history. I ask people just to give us time to breathe, continue to back us and look around – we’re in the middle of a great season – and stop taking this place for granted.

“Just back us and trust us. Trust that myself and the owners are doing everything in our power to make this club better next year. Just give us a little bit of space and stop speculating and stop rumours.

“I know they’re part of football and I respect that. We all talk about this and that. Looking at Liverpool speaking about their goalkeeper this week and he’s out for ‘another number of weeks’. That’s all it says – ‘number of weeks’. We have to nearly give blood types of our players and we need to nearly have to tell you the exact surgeon that it was.

“People need to give us a bit of breathing space, just trust us. If being ten points clear, in the quarter-final of the FAI Cup, in the final of the League Cup and the third round of Europe isn’t enough to earn a little bit of trust, then sure I don’t know what is. What more can I do?

“I’m saying, hand on heart, that these are the best owners you could ever work for and the board have been brilliant. They have really supported me, the players – in contract and out of contract – and just trust them.

“Just get on with it. Ask us questions, fine, but give us a bit of breathing space. It has only just gone September. Generally, every other club haven’t signed all of their players yet. That’s the way it is – things take time.”

On speculation surrounding Rogers’ future, first-team coach John Gill added: “We’ve had that many games, it has been that hectic, it is very, very hard even to get time to speak to players.

“That’s down to the club and Vinny, and I’m sure the right decisions will be made for the players. They have been magnificent servants, all of them. They’re serial winners so, of course, other teams are going to be looking and eyeing any players that are out of contract.

“I can’t tell you where those contract talks are at the moment because, as I said, we’re just focussing on the games at the moment because they’re coming that fast, you just don’t have time to think about anything else.”
https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... uQ.twitter
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2019 & 2020 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by El Paso » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:28 pm

The rumour mongers are louder than the rest of us.

Again there’s a line between wanting to keep business in house (just say ‘we can’t comment yet either way’), especially sensitive stuff like contract negotiations, and bullshitting about stuff unnecessarily, which is just weird and makes the club hierarchy look paranoid.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:58 pm

Strange strange interview. Perth is almost in defensive mode when he has no reason to be. He's doing a fantastic job, 10 points clear, still in both cups, did OK in Europe. After the injuries we suffered at the start of the season and the pressure of filling Kenny's shoes he's doing better than anyone expected. I'm not sure is he putting extra pressure on himself for some reason or does he feel something with the media is off
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk10 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Andy Burton gone.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:14 am

Mark Devlin write to the argus to respond to James Rogers' claims.

https://twitter.com/DundalkSport/status ... 17312?s=19

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:03 am

Wow.

superman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by superman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:03 pm

Such a strange situation.

Feels like a throwback to the Connors/Foster eras for some reason
Dundalk F.C : complaining about refs since 1903

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:32 pm

It raises a lot of questions as opposed to answering them. Who's the one telling porkies? Is someone being economical with the truth?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:37 pm

I vaguely remember the big bust up between Foster and Matthews over Chris Hughton's son. Probably posts here about it. The only thing I'd say about this time is that the club seem aligned in house, as opposed to Perth being undermined.

The club bullshitted about McEleney last summer, and Boyle to an extent this summer. So that has to be factored in when reading Devlin's piece. But it's so categoric that if he's wrong he's straight up lying.

The fact is that all the rumours this season have come from Rogers, including rumours no one seems to have heard until he published them. So he's clearly being fed by a particular source. Question is does that source have the club's best interest at heart, or their own?

The Barmby stuff in particular sounds absolutely bananas, and I agree with Devlin that that one in particular could unsettle everything. It was very unfair on Perth, and I don't see what good came of publishing it without proof it was true.