2019 & 2020 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2019 & 2020 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Sneachta » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:20 pm

The guy is passionate. I'm sure it was an exchange of sorts between the two of them.

Hopefully it doesn't curtail James in his reporting and hopefully it makes the club realise that the fans and the town (ahem coughs prepares Liam neeson voice) we will not look for you, we will not pursue you... but if you don't, we will look for you, we will find you... and we will....... well yiz know the rest!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

cooney
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cooney » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:57 am

Following the Drogheda score on twitter last night I was scrolling through their tweets and noticed an announcement back a few weeks ago.

They’re going back to Umbro for the season ahead.

I know a few months ago there was talk of a few companies in for us... anybody hear anything more on this?

Fully anticipate our American overlords are trying to keep such a deal in house

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Probably the biggest affect of highlighting a new jersey deal now is to slow up sales of the current jersey and other CX branded gear.

An advance announcement probably also dilutes the impact of a new jersey launch when it actually happens prior to the Christmas gift market in the close season.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:02 pm

I had thought they’d push the boat out on the replica gear to try and attract the hipster market. There are some great shirts out there from the big manufacturers that would look class in white with black. That white Nike Brazil away shirt is unreal.

But I’ve a feeling we’re just going to get umbro’s Sunday League templates. Feels like a commercial opportunity we’re not going after.

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Lads none of us know who is going to provide the next kit, however I for one am very sad to see CX+ leave the market. Always loved the idea of them being local (Irish) and their gear was always top notch and different, some lovely designs. Lets hope Peak6 have something up their sleeve.......will either be a Wooahh didnt see that coming or aahhh sh1t, same old.
Wonder could they go past Top Lion and do a deal with NB directly or might they push for Under Armour, Puma, Nike or Adidas and be the first Irish club to be paid for their kit deal by one of the big players.....

cooney
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cooney » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:45 pm

El Paso wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:02 pm
I had thought they’d push the boat out on the replica gear to try and attract the hipster market. There are some great shirts out there from the big manufacturers that would look class in white with black. That white Nike Brazil away shirt is unreal.

But I’ve a feeling we’re just going to get umbro’s Sunday League templates. Feels like a commercial opportunity we’re not going after.
Some of the Latin American umbro stuff is amazing but as EP said Irish teams get the poxy templates

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:02 am

Loved Umbro’s Vasco da Gama kits and always thought they’d look cool on us. But umbro ireland are a different company I think.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:48 am

Caoimhin Reilly edges himself towards a stadium ban by discussing Patrick Hoban's contract situation in public

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... riker.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:38 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:48 am
Caoimhin Reilly edges himself towards a stadium ban by discussing Patrick Hoban's contract situation in public

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... riker.html
The first rule of transfer rumour club is you do not talk about transfer rumour club

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:17 pm

David Sneyd appears to indicate that Gary Rogers has been offered a new contract, based on this line in his recent The 42 article
His success at Dundalk is not yet ready to be recognised with such mementos while there is still glory within reach, and as he weighs up a new contract offer he knows there could be even more good times ahead.
https://www.the42.ie/gary-rogers-interv ... =shortlink

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:30 pm

Some strong whispers around Oriel tonight that some contract re-signings are imminent

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:48 pm

If the club are serious about pushing on in Europe, they have some big decisions to make now, if we resign the out of contract players, where is the space to bring in a higher caliber player from elsewhere?

With so many others on longer deals, it’s kinda hard to improve on the squad. Do you risk losing some good players to rivals by taking a gamble on some unknowns? I think it will be an interesting off season coming up.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Shoco wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:48 pm
If the club are serious about pushing on in Europe, they have some big decisions to make now, if we resign the out of contract players, where is the space to bring in a higher caliber player from elsewhere?

With so many others on longer deals, it’s kinda hard to improve on the squad. Do you risk losing some good players to rivals by taking a gamble on some unknowns? I think it will be an interesting off season coming up.
Even where players are in contract it is still possible to move them on either with a mutual termination agreement or via a loan move; there may be some costs involved but that's just part of the overall costs involved of getting in better players who are likely to improve the squad. Possible examples are Brian Gartland, Dane Massey, John Mountney, Dylan Hand, Lido Lotefa, Ross Treacy and maybe even Georgie Kelly. Others like Stephen Folan will obviously not have their contracts renewed

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Carrick_Road » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:44 am

What pool of players are available to us tho?

Unless we cast the net further a field to the likes of England I cant see any current LOI players improving the squad bar perhaps David Parkhouse who I previously mentioned. Ity was pointed out to me that many dont think he would improve the squad much which is a fair opinion but I think he is the only one who has the potential. There is a togetherness and some of the players mentioned above are part and parcel on implementing what the club is about (Massey, Gartland, Mountney etc). Granted some may be past their best and is not good enough to take the club to the next level. Gartland is an example of one player who I think should be kept around perhaps in a coach capacity similar to O Donnell, It would then create space to bring in another player. Then its who do you look to bring in. There is many players id love to see the club sign who could help us progress but in reality I cant think of any who would be willing to join the club.

On a side note, Is there any whispers etc on who the club are looking to take in.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:32 pm

Carrick_Road wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:44 am

On a side note, Is there any whispers etc on who the club are looking to take in.
Who is going to risk an Oriel Park ban with trophy celebrations looming?