2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:04 pm

Ah come on now OF - I trust you implicitly.

At least I did, until I went to check the links and found the details hidden behind a paywall. 99c for the day to check the info. I'm going off to set up some crowd funding!

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:19 am

After the mini shitstorm over Karl Sheppard at the end of last season it turns out the man has arthritis!

iloveduffy.com
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby iloveduffy.com » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:35 am

Yes, that came out in June. Managing it well now. Happy Jarvis has another year. Folan started well and didn't do much wrong but our other options are better.
In Kenny we Trust

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Wexford White » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:47 am

El Paso wrote:After the mini shitstorm over Karl Sheppard at the end of last season it turns out the man has arthritis!

I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
The Back of the Wall

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:51 am

Running himself into the ground chasing long balls for Caulfield was definitely a wise career move so

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:49 am

Ezeikial wrote:

Ah come on now OF - I trust you implicitly.

At least I did, until I went to check the links and found the details hidden behind a paywall. 99c for the day to check the info. I'm going off to set up some crowd funding!

Me too. "@#$& that for a game of cowboys". Went back in and got straight through. As a paywall it's not very efficient.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:17 am

Ezeikial wrote:
--------------------------------------
2020 Stephen Kenny
????? Vinny Perth

I've added in the full time management - can anyone verify how expiry of Vinny's contract?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:07 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
--------------------------------------
2020 Stephen Kenny
????? Vinny Perth

I've added in the full time management - can anyone verify how expiry of Vinny's contract?

Can't see how it would be different. God forbid SK left he would probably take Vinny with him and a new man would want his own staff.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Good to see the years now against all players, thanks for updating Ezeikial.

We need strengthening in mf and with two key players in there out of contract at the end of this year, (Duffy and Benson) we need to be moving quick in my view.

I've said it before many times, but we should be now making Aaran McEneff our no 1 target. I think he is under contract with Derry for 2019, does anyone know if this is right, obviously a transfer fee if he is, but didn't Derry quote a very high valuation on him last winter when we were meant to be interested ?

I think he would be perfect addition and would fit into very smoothly.

Sadlier and Morrissey would also be great additions, the later would hardly join due to his local links, but Sadlier might, not sure when his contract ends though.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:17 pm

mike wrote:Good to see the years now against all players, thanks for updating Ezeikial.

We need strengthening in mf and with two key players in there out of contract at the end of this year, (Duffy and Benson) we need to be moving quick in my view.

I've said it before many times, but we should be now making Aaran McEneff our no 1 target. I think he is under contract with Derry for 2019, does anyone know if this is right, obviously a transfer fee if he is, but didn't Derry quote a very high valuation on him last winter when we were meant to be interested ?

Sadlier and Morrissey would also be great additions, the later would hardly join due to his local links, but Sadlier might, not sure when his contract ends though.

The commonly quoted situation on Aaron McEneff is that he is out of contract at the end of this season. The consistent word from Derry folk was that he was keen on coming last close season. It is well possible that a deal in principle has been agreed with him, but obviously if a UK club came in for him then all bets off.

I don't know how accurate this is, and it may be wishful thinking on my behalf.

mr-toyota
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby mr-toyota » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:33 am

Adam Finnegan left the club in July. Gavin Smith would be on 1 year amateur contract. Jack o keefe is on scholarship from Dkit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SUPPORT THE DFC TRUST AND PATRON SCHEME http://www.dundalkfc.com/membership.asp

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:51 am

Ezeikial wrote:
mike wrote:Good to see the years now against all players, thanks for updating Ezeikial.

The commonly quoted situation on Aaron McEneff is that he is out of contract at the end of this season. The consistent word from Derry folk was that he was keen on coming last close season. It is well possible that a deal in principle has been agreed with him, but obviously if a UK club came in for him then all bets off.

I don't know how accurate this is, and it may be wishful thinking on my behalf.

I think that’s a reasonable summary on McEneff, and I’d agree totally if an English or maybe SPL club came in for him, no way we could compete financially and he’d definitely take that option first. He’d be some player to get in for us though if we could do a deal. If we win the league remember we will be seeded in the first round, decent chance of progressing into the EL after the CL games.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:10 am

mr-toyota wrote:Adam Finnegan left the club in July. Gavin Smith would be on 1 year amateur contract. Jack o keefe is on scholarship from Dkit

That's great thanks for that - can you clarify when Jack O'Keeffe is committed to?

Anyone able to confirm the contract expiry for Vinny Perth - is it 2020 as has been suggested as likely?

mr-toyota
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby mr-toyota » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:19 am

Ezeikial wrote:
mr-toyota wrote:Adam Finnegan left the club in July. Gavin Smith would be on 1 year amateur contract. Jack o keefe is on scholarship from Dkit

That's great thanks for that - can you clarify when Jack O'Keeffe is committed to?

Anyone able to confirm the contract expiry for Vinny Perth - is it 2020 as has been suggested as likely?

Not sure what way the scholarship works, the college hasn’t started back yet so I’m not sure

SUPPORT THE DFC TRUST AND PATRON SCHEME http://www.dundalkfc.com/membership.asp

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:02 pm

That LOI Transfers account on Twitter linking Sam Todd with us - Derry lad on loan at Finn Harps.

It's the second time I've seen that rumour in recent days.

Return to “General Discussion”