2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Postby White Horse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:09 pm

Delighted to see John signing back.

He is a great option when we need to play someone on the right who can tuck in and provide additional support in central midfield.

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk Wolf » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:05 pm

White Horse wrote:Delighted to see John signing back.

He is a great option when we need to play someone on the right who can tuck in and provide additional support in central midfield.

Indeed. An integral member of the squad under Kenny and will no doubt be the same for the next two years (or more). Had bad luck with injuries too this year, so hopefully he can have a bit more luck on that front from here. Mad to think he's still only 25!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:05 pm

John Mountney is a player who is vastly under-rated outside Dundalk.

Delighted that he has re-signed
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

gavinmclaughlin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gavinmclaughlin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Sat down with Michael Duffy on Wednesday to talk about his decision to sign a new contract at Oriel.

Link: https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-im-happy-he ... 17e06bf35a

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Wexford White » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:46 am

Ezeikial wrote:John Mountney is a player who is vastly under-rated outside Dundalk.

Delighted that he has re-signed

I'm a big fan of John Mountney, delighted with this. One of our longest serving players.
The Back of the Wall

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Looks like we're down to O'Donnell, Massey, Benson and Murray of the regulars/semi-regulars (plus Poynton and Sava) who are not signed up yet. Rarely has a League of Ireland club been so well set up for the following season.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 pm

We still need a team playing right winger with pace and penetration along with central midfield competition for no 6 and no 8 positions
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Ezeikial wrote:We still need a team playing right winger with pace and penetration along with central midfield competition for no 6 and no 8 positions

Agreed. And I'd like the club to keep it to a couple of shrewd signings in those particular positions, rather than having a 23 man squad going into the new season.

I'd argue, though, that anyone we bring in for those positions needs to be an improvement on what's already there. What I'd love is someone who excels in both the 6 and 8 roles.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Excelling in both 6 and 8 roles is very rare EP. Maybe O’Donnell was the last player we had to do both?

For another option on an 8, step forward Aaran McEneff !

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:14 pm

mike wrote:Excelling in both 6 and 8 roles is very rare EP. Maybe O’Donnell was the last player we had to do both?

For another option on an 8, step forward Aaran McEneff !

I am far from certain, but I think it is possible that Aaron McEneff could play both roles. Certainly as a box-to-box midfielder there are few to match his work-rate and energy

While we live more in hope than expectation, it is possible than Karolis Chvedukas may also step up to challenge in either or both positions

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:22 pm

Good point on Chevedukas, both hope & expectations ! The former is based on the glimpses we saw in the early part of the season.

Hopefully he can contribute a big part to the 2019 season.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:55 am

Daragh Leahy signing a new deal with Bohs puts paid to any odd rumours about SK being interested. I always thought it far fetched, but the normally reliable Daniel McDonnell did carry he story. Maybe Dan is losing his touch?

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:45 am

Ezeikial wrote:Daragh Leahy signing a new deal with Bohs puts paid to any odd rumours about SK being interested. I always thought it far fetched, but the normally reliable Daniel McDonnell did carry he story. Maybe Dan is losing his touch?

Or maybe his agent used the "D" word as a bargaining chip? It seems to be the done thing now, start a rumour that SK is interested. Of course it needs to be believable!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:27 pm

oldfogey wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:Daragh Leahy signing a new deal with Bohs puts paid to any odd rumours about SK being interested. I always thought it far fetched, but the normally reliable Daniel McDonnell did carry he story. Maybe Dan is losing his touch?

Or maybe his agent used the "D" word as a bargaining chip? It seems to be the done thing now, start a rumour that SK is interested. Of course it needs to be believable!

To create a 'bidding war'?

With absolutely no disrespect intended to Bohs, if Dundalk were intent on signing an out-of-contract player it is highly unlikely that Bohs would be either able or willing to out-bid the offer.

It may well be that SK will review any interest in Leahy next year if he has developed further. In the interim, I expect Dane Massey and Dean Jarvis to tussle with each other for the regular left back spot

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
oldfogey wrote:

To create a 'bidding war'?

With absolutely no disrespect intended to Bohs, if Dundalk were intent on signing an out-of-contract player it is highly unlikely that Bohs would be either able or willing to out-bid the offer.

It may well be that SK will review any interest in Leahy next year if he has developed further. In the interim, I expect Dane Massey and Dean Jarvis to tussle with each other for the regular left back spot

Focus. I'm implying there was never any interest from Dundalk. It only existed in his agents wallet.

Return to “General Discussion”