2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Cork out of the blocks early with the signing of Dan casey and Comerford.
Caulfields plan to play a Goalkeeper and ten defenders nears completion.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:20 pm

Entertains me that people had Shane Supple as a keeper of the season, Leahy as left back of the season and Dan Casey as a great signing for Cork all after Bohs conceded 45 goals in the League. The poor fúcker at right back must have been horrendous.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:56 pm

El Paso wrote:Entertains me that people had Shane Supple as a keeper of the season, Leahy as left back of the season and Dan Casey as a great signing for Cork all after Bohs conceded 45 goals in the League. The poor fúcker at right back must have been horrendous.

The gas part is that Ger Pender appears to have had an excellent season. Dan Casey will be a serious player for Cork - he has pace, physical presence and has the heart of a lion
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:48 pm

Anyone any suggestions who can come in as a new signing for right side of MF ? This is a area that we continuously cannot fill in terms of consistent quality. Both options we have are very different, Mountney for his work rate and defensive style (although not on Sunday) and Connolly for his speed but inconsistency at times. Neither have nailed it down and although it's not a weak spot, it's certainly not a strong area.

I'd have McEneff but he's a central player, not sure who is available and better that what we have to challenge for the right side.

carrickfan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby carrickfan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Anyone hear if Murray is staying or moving on??

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:16 pm

There are very few players we could sign in our league that could move us up a couple of levels. We need to look abroad.

We should be however snapping up the best five lads in the country in the u15s league for our u17s and the five best u17s for our u19s. Offer them pro contracts, get them trained properly and we'll start developing quality players. If two or three make it every couple of years we'll be doing well.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:24 pm

mike wrote:Anyone any suggestions who can come in as a new signing for right side of MF ? This is a area that we continuously cannot fill in terms of consistent quality. Both options we have are very different, Mountney for his work rate and defensive style (although not on Sunday) and Connolly for his speed but inconsistency at times. Neither have nailed it down and although it's not a weak spot, it's certainly not a strong area.

I'd have McEneff but he's a central player, not sure who is available and better that what we have to challenge for the right side.

Kieran Sadlier on one side and Michael Duffy on the other would give the most potent pair of wide players currently in the league

There are few other obvious and standout wide players in the league currently - Brandon Miele could be a possibility if SK believed he can work his magic on him to re-discover the form he was showing in 2016 and 2017. He is under contract at Rovers put it appears that both want to part company.

Other than those options, perhaps we should be looking further afield
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 pm

I was thinking of Sadlier after I posted that but I can see him having options in the uk, that would be some attacking force mind if he did join.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:49 am

mike wrote:I was thinking of Sadlier after I posted that but I can see him having options in the uk, that would be some attacking force mind if he did join.

Plenty of interest according to the info feed to the Sun by his agent

SADLIER UP Cork City ace Kieran Sadlier will make a decision on his future later this month with clubs in England and Ireland interested
Portsmouth, Doncaster Rovers and Rotherham United have joined the race for Sadlier with Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers also interested

By Owen Cowzer
5th November 2018, 10:30 pm

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/33 ... nterested/

OHare
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby OHare » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Sava has announced on Facebook that he is leaving.

Saw rumours online about Warrenpoint Expecting McCarey to Leave in January. Perhaps them rumours that surfaced a couple of months back that he was to sign for us for next year may have some truth.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:14 pm

I always wondered why Sava stuck around this long. Very little game time every season and I always wondered was he just happy to sit on the bench and pick up is payslip. Bar the league cup, he only really got a game if Rogers was injured. And yet, he leaves with 3/4 league medals and 2 cup medals!!
King Kenny!

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:14 pm

OHare wrote:Sava has announced on Facebook that he is leaving.

Saw rumours online about Warrenpoint Expecting McCarey to Leave in January. Perhaps them rumours that surfaced a couple of months back that he was to sign for us for next year may have some truth.

Could be Cork bound. With Peter rumoured to be leaving and McNulty past his sell by date, it would be a good move. There are not many keepers around good enough for a top 4 team unless they look overseas.

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 pm

colymull wrote:I always wondered why Sava stuck around this long. Very little game time every season and I always wondered was he just happy to sit on the bench and pick up is payslip. Bar the league cup, he only really got a game if Rogers was injured. And yet, he leaves with 3/4 league medals and 2 cup medals!!

He started at least 1 European Game in 2016. He also started a cruical game V Cork when Rogers was dropped and kept a clean sheet

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:23 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:
colymull wrote:I always wondered why Sava stuck around this long. Very little game time every season and I always wondered was he just happy to sit on the bench and pick up is payslip. Bar the league cup, he only really got a game if Rogers was injured. And yet, he leaves with 3/4 league medals and 2 cup medals!!

He started at least 1 European Game in 2016. He also started a cruical game V Cork when Rogers was dropped after we lost to Sligo 3-0

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:43 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:

He started at least 1 European Game in 2016. He also started a cruical game V Cork when Rogers was dropped and kept a clean sheet

In 52 games for Dundalk in all competitions,he conceded 38 goals, not great stats at all!!
King Kenny!

Return to “General Discussion”