2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:30 pm

fastnbulbous wrote:https://shamrockrovers.ie/2018/12/07/jack-byrne-signs-for-the-hoops/

Wrong forum pal....

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:07 pm

" A couple of more signings will happen over the next few days" - Vinny Perth
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:14 pm

Ezeikial wrote:" A couple of more signings will happen over the next few days" - Vinny Perth

"Perfick"

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:18 pm

This should be interesting, plus I think it's really only SOD who is left to be offered a new contract from the existing panel. This would imply these are new players.

One should be a GK to replace Sava, we also need a defender as back up to Gannon and probably a right sided MF. Pity we missed out on McEneff, he got mixed reports from Derry fans but he would have been decent, plus he won't walk into that Rovers MF now. I don't think we have missed out on anyone else so hopefully these new players coming are ones that can challenge for first team spots immediately.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:41 pm

mike wrote:This should be interesting, plus I think it's really only SOD who is left to be offered a new contract from the existing panel. This would imply these are new players.

One should be a GK to replace Sava, we also need a defender as back up to Gannon and probably a right sided MF. Pity we missed out on McEneff, he got mixed reports from Derry fans but he would have been decent, plus he won't walk into that Rovers MF now. I don't think we have missed out on anyone else so hopefully these new players coming are ones that can challenge for first team spots immediately.

A goalkeeper is a certainty - that could be Ross Treacy, but hopefully is a player proven at a higher standard who can challenge Gary Rogers; Aaron McCarey is the one mentioned as most likely, but Brian Murphy may also be available from Cardiff

In m opinion, quality signings to compete for places at no 6, no 7 and no 8 are the next highest priority, in preference to signing cover for Gannon (or Hoare) at right back.

Watts and McEneff are two players who would have improved our squad that we missed out on; arguably Kieran Sadlier also. The quality of the players signed will tell alot about how serious the club owners are about trying to capitalise on our CL opportunity next season
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Watts is the only one I’m disappointed to miss out on. The other two are silky players, lovely to watch, but I’ve also watched both let players run right past them last season and that’s unforgivable in the modern game.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:00 pm

El Paso wrote:Watts is the only one I’m disappointed to miss out on. The other two are silky players, lovely to watch, but I’ve also watched both let players run right past them last season and that’s unforgivable in the modern game.

It's a strange one as Watts could be the one that misses out in their midfield. McEneff and Byrne would both be on big wages as they were wanted elsewhere. Bradley will be under pressure to play both
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Louth4sam wrote:
El Paso wrote:Watts is the only one I’m disappointed to miss out on. The other two are silky players, lovely to watch, but I’ve also watched both let players run right past them last season and that’s unforgivable in the modern game.

It's a strange one as Watts could be the one that misses out in their midfield. McEneff and Byrne would both be on big wages as they were wanted elsewhere. Bradley will be under pressure to play both

Rovers looking good. All they need is a decent striker. I thought them and Waterford were the best teams I saw in oriel last season.

Dillonman
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby Dillonman » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
Louth4sam wrote:

Rovers looking good. All they need is a decent striker. I thought them and Waterford were the best teams I saw in oriel last season.

Rovers linked with mcmillan. He's not getting a sniff at St johnstone this season so could be looking to come back
Drogs are scum!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:51 pm

We were all told our best players choosing a mid table Scottish side, or a lower league English side, over winning trophies and playing in Europe with us was for the bigger salaries.

McMillan is contracted until the end of next season, so which is it?

Dillonman
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby Dillonman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:11 am

Star reporting lincoln city looking at signing hoare and hoban
Drogs are scum!

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:15 am

Dillonman wrote:Star reporting lincoln city looking at signing hoare and hoban

Lincoln are flying this year and will probably be promoted to League One. Would be hard to see the two boys breaking into that team.
King Kenny!

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:22 am

Hoare has 2 years on his contract and 29-goal Hoban has one. I'd like to think we're in a position where you'd be looking for record breaking transfer fees to release either

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:31 am

seand wrote:

Hoare has 2 years on his contract and 29-goal Hoban has one. I'd like to think we're in a position where you'd be looking for record breaking transfer fees to release either

Previously, players leaving without a transfer fee was a huge issue. With Peak 6 money, the issue is now players leaving, full stop. Money is no use to us if we don't have a replacement. Somehow I don't see Hoban getting caught out a third time. Hoare would do well to listen to those players who have gone over and not found it easy.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Although Brandon Miele and Aaron Bolger are both under contract, Neil O'Riordan in the Sun suggesting that Rovers may be interested in off-loading them.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/34 ... e-gormley/

Return to “General Discussion”