2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:43 am

White Horse wrote:
Kenny has a vision for this team and he will add to it in areas where there are weaknesses. We are in for a great few years.

This is where the Peak6 ambition will be tested.

Providing the funds to retain Michael Duffy ( which may not be possible), along with getting in the required quality for central midfield and wide positions.

In the euphoria of regaining the title, we cannot forget the chasm in quality exposed in Larnaca

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:02 pm

What Larnaca showed is that good teams can cut us open. In my opinion that’s basically because the front four don’t know how to press. Modern football requires all 10 to defend as a unit in synchronisation and we don’t. Too much falls on Shields and Benson too far up the pitch and we get overloaded.

I know people think Connolly improved but he hasn’t a clue defensively and it affects everything when we don’t have the ball. Duffy’s not much good at it either nor is McEleney. McGrath is the only one, but it doesn’t work unless they all do it, you just get caught out and they pass it around you.

If we’re going to progress in Europe I believe Kenny has to ditch his preferred 4-2-3-1 for a 4-3-3.

I don’t think he will and I think next season he’ll go back to making McEleney the fulcrum of the team, so it’ll be interesting to see how he intends constructing the team with europe in mind.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:00 pm

To be fair el paso look at the game in turners cross. Gannon and mountney had saddlier in their pockets. Mountney defended very well.. saddlier had possibly his most ineffective game for Cork on Friday night. And I would play Mountney every week. They are equally effective going forward together also. No kick the ball 10 yards in front of you and try to chase it!!
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Absolutely, they were excellent, but I’m talking about how a team operates more than snuffing out individual threats.

What I’m basically saying is that if Mountney, in this case, presses the Sadlier position a team like Larnaca go the other way and if Duffy and McEleney are not doing the same all of a sudden Mountney’s caught high, space opens up and the opponent is swamping Shields and the full backs.

We don’t have that problem in the League because our fitness allows us to recover generally. Cork didn’t have the smarts to pressure us. Sadlier tried a few times to switch it right behind Duffy, McEleney and Benson and put 2v1 on Massey but hoofed it out of play. But Rosenberg last summer and Larnaca this summer exposed it. Remember how deep McGrath had to go to defend when Larnaca’s movement took the other forwards out of play.

There are three zones of defence on the pitch, but we’re only good in two. Towell was the best we had at it. Horgan too.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:45 pm

Talking about the next 5 years , what about the last five. This team under Stephen Kenny & Vinny Perth have captured the attention of the Nation. Even the GAA people enquireabout Dundalk. Peak 6 saw the potential.
Now it’s time to knock down Oriel & build a proper stadium for the future . Dundalk FC are in existence a long time now & never had a proper stadium . We were close before the new owners came in . Last night at Derry match I nearly fell getting down of stand . It’s an accident waiting to happen. What are the plans.?????

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:Talking about the next 5 years , what about the last five. This team under Stephen Kenny & Vinny Perth have captured the attention of the Nation. Even the GAA people enquireabout Dundalk. Peak 6 saw the potential.
Now it’s time to knock down Oriel & build a proper stadium for the future . Dundalk FC are in existence a long time now & never had a proper stadium . We were close before the new owners came in . Last night at Derry match I nearly fell getting down of stand . It’s an accident waiting to happen. What are the plans.?????

We were in our holes close to a new stadium before new owners took over.. and no matter how many times you keep repetitively asking the same question on here. The answer will still be the same.. maybe ask the club directly?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:09 pm

Oh look, only johnnybeboringeverybody could manage to turn a contract renewal thread into a new stadium request!

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:35 am

The latest of the “ presses”, The new owners are going to build a new Stadium , & are going to name the main stand “ Johnnybegood Stand “, they will also play continuously that great Rock & Roll song “ johnnybegood”.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:38 am

You , won’t be slagging me then. I will actually sing “ Johnnybegood”, in front of the main stand.

Malaga White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Malaga White » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:17 am

I'll back you up on the guitar Johnny.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby GC. » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:27 am

FFS. Every bloody time. Any other input other than grounds issues jbg? Anytging oroginal to add or are you literally going to repeat the same crap over and over in every post? It’s gone beyond the point of trolling.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:40 am

Chill GC , or we won’t let u in to the band.

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:17 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:Chill GC , or we won’t let u in to the band.

Can you sing "Nessun Dorma"?
Last edited by bigalan on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:25 pm

bigalan wrote:
Johnnybegood33 wrote:Chill GC , or we won’t let u in to the band.

Can you sing "Nessum Dorma"?

Once he can't sing NESSUN dorma we will be ok bigal...

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:46 pm

Daniel Cleary picks his team of the season and it looks very much like a possible Dundalk lineup in 2019

Team: Gary Rogers, Sean Gannon, Sean Hoare, Brian Gartland, Dean Jarvis, Chris Shields, Aaron McEneff, Jamie McGrath, Kieran Sadlier, Michael Duffy, Patrick Hoban.

Selections: "I'd go with Gary Rogers, Ganno, Sean Hoare, Garts and Dean Jarvis along the back. Give me a 4-3-3 with McEneff, Chris Shields and Jamie McGrath and then up front I'll go with Michael Duffy on the left, Kieran Sadlier on the right and then Pat Hoban up top. He's been brilliant for us."

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/leagu ... son-178912
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Return to “General Discussion”